BlueOrbit

Awaiting License—Now what?

I am in process of getting my firearms license and handgun purchase permits—I get fingerprinted next week, and a few days later I happen to be taking a USCCA course to be able to carry. With the new legislation passed, is there going to be a problem getting my firearms license? I did the online application and it didn't ask about courses, etc. Any guesses?

I would guess a six month wait time to get your FID card,  and hand gun permits In this current political climate.

Then you get to decide what handgun you want to purchase. then you can take your  shooting quals.  JMHO.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, BlueOrbit said:

I am in process of getting my firearms license and handgun purchase permits—I get fingerprinted next week, and a few days later I happen to be taking a USCCA course to be able to carry. With the new legislation passed, is there going to be a problem getting my firearms license? I did the online application and it didn't ask about courses, etc. Any guesses?

What township are you in?  Hopefully the process is not delayed at all, however the 30 day "law" is a guideline that is frequently ignored.  

1 minute ago, silverado427 said:

That's  Amazing

Well I had the same experience at the Augusta barracks with the previous firearm trooper who was very diligent about moving permits along. There's a new trooper now who I have not had the occasion to meet, but I hear he's pretty good also.