ESB

Can you CC magazines?

I saw a discussion elsewhere and someone mentioned that in NJ you can only carry 10rounds.  First I've heard of it and doesn't make sense to me, but you can conceal carry more than just the mag in the gun right?  Ie, you can conceal carry a mag in a mag carrier on your person along with your cc gun.  

6 minutes ago, ESB said:

I saw a discussion elsewhere and someone mentioned that in NJ you can only carry 10rounds.  First I've heard of it and doesn't make sense to me, but you can conceal carry more than just the mag in the gun right?  Ie, you can conceal carry a mag in a mag carrier on your person along with your cc gun.  

I think you misunderstood.  The 10 round max capacity is for each magazine. (concealed carry or otherwise)  Carry as many magazines as you wish, though.

• Agree 3

On 7/19/2022 at 2:32 PM, GRIZ said:

You can conceal carry as many magazines as you want now as long as its not hollowpoint ammo and you don't have a gun with you.

?? I may be stating the obvious.. but that is the case if you DON'T have a NJ permit to carry handgun.

On 7/20/2022 at 4:53 PM, CJack said:

?? I may be stating the obvious.. but that is the case if you DON'T have a NJ permit to carry handgun.

I think the point was there are no restrictions on carrying loaded magazines, with or without a permit as long as they are 10rnd mags. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Will the NJSP follow the LAPD?

With the ANJRPC case being GVR'd it will only be a matter of time, but I'm sure Murhpy's lapdog, Callahan, will cling on to the bitter end.

Maybe a few town PD's will go with LAPD's lead, but who's going to just drive around that town and never cross the border to the next town?