I picked up US Law Shield earlier this month. There are several options to get a percentage off or a couple of months free coverage. I plan on take on a couple more of their additional packages. I can't afford an attorney outright so this was the next best option, and they will assist with the stupid red flag laws.

We have some pretty reliable information from a major gun rights activist that says that Murphy had a conference call last week with all the major insurance companies who write in NJ and instructed them to NOT issue liability insurance to CC holders. Here the legislature passes a law that mandates CC liability insurance while on the other hand Murphy makes it illegal to buy it. Murphy is doing everything possible to see to it that his far left administration goes against the constitutional and the Bill of Rights. Hopefully this matter will be brought before the court of appeals.

• Confused 1

On 10/22/2022 at 11:03 PM, hostak126 said:

I picked up US Law Shield earlier this month. There are several options to get a percentage off or a couple of months free coverage. I plan on take on a couple more of their additional packages. I can't afford an attorney outright so this was the next best option, and they will assist with the stupid red flag laws.

Us law shield is NOT liability insurance 

On 7/19/2022 at 2:58 PM, BigKahuna said:

I was under the impression that in 2019, Murphy signed a law saying Firearm Insurance was not an option anymore for licensees except for LEO and Retired LEO. Is this still the case? I won't carry unless I was FULLY insured. Has this changed?

You wont carry unless you were insured? :facepalm:

• Crazy 1

1 hour ago, DAHL said:

We have some pretty reliable information from a major gun rights activist that says that Murphy had a conference call last week with all the major insurance companies who write in NJ and instructed them to NOT issue liability insurance to CC holders. Here the legislature passes a law that mandates CC liability insurance while on the other hand Murphy makes it illegal to buy it. Murphy is doing everything possible to see to it that his far left administration goes against the constitutional and the Bill of Rights. Hopefully this matter will be brought before the court of appeals.

That’s one of many reasons his bullshit law will get overturned. 

1 hour ago, Mike77 said:

Us law shield is NOT liability insurance 

You wont carry unless you were insured? :facepalm:

If you've seen the lawsuit filed by ANJRPC it addresses every part of the recent ccw permit scheme to prevent you from carrying including the liability insurance issue. The lawsuit also challenges the states handgun permit scheme and I believe it challenges the purchase permit for rifles and shotguns as well. All of this was filed in federal court the day Gov Snaggletooth signed the bill and I believe the state has until sometime this coming week ( I could be wrong) to file their brief or statement.

Until then here's a link in NJ woods and Water about the ANJRPC lawsuit

https://www.njwoodsandwater.com/forums/topic/60122-anjrpc-carry-lawsuit/#comments

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dbldune109 said:

Any idea what a policy would cost if you were able to obtain. A friend who is a State Farm agent said he would not write such a policy.

How could we know? Murphy banned it in NJ in his 1st year as gov with an executive order calling it "murder insurance" 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Mike77 said:

How could we know? Murphy banned it in NJ in his 1st year as gov with an executive order calling it "murder insurance" 

I'd be interested to know what it costs in other states, if anyone here has a friend (or is active on a gun board) in free America.

31 minutes ago, 10X said:

I'd be interested to know what it costs in other states, if anyone here has a friend (or is active on a gun board) in free America.

I don't think any other state in free America requires this, at least not in South Carolina.

6 minutes ago, YankeeSC said:

I don't think any other state in free America requires this, at least not in South Carolina.

You're probably right, but I suspect some people elect to get the insurance if they are going to carry.  Liberals nationwide wouldn't be screaming so loudly about 'murder insurance' if it wasn't a thing.

I'm just curious as to what it might cost for those in other states who choose to purchase.   Bump that up by 40% 'because Jersey' and it might be in the ballpark for what we would pay.

The court won't allow the requirement to stand if the insurance is unavailable here; I don't know if it's more likely that the requirement will be struck down, or if the state will be forced to allow the insurance to be available.  Hoping for the former.

On 1/2/2023 at 6:59 PM, Dbldune109 said:

Any idea what a policy would cost if you were able to obtain. A friend who is a State Farm agent said he would not write such a policy.

Ask him what their umbrella policies cover. 

Mine states personal liability coverage, and does not exclude much of anything. 

Umbrella coverage is relatively cheap, everyone should have it for just about anything you can be personally sued for. 

Interesting article on the insurance requirements in San Jose and NJ by an insurance industry publication:

https://www.insurancejournal.com/blogs/law-and-economics/2023/01/03/701434.htm

At a minimum, it can therefore be said that New Jersey insurance law broadly permits exclusions for intentional acts in personal liability policies and that state courts have shown deference to criminal proceedings as dispositive in settling questions of intent (which isn’t necessarily true in all states.) Given that backdrop, a broad reading of A. 4769’s text would appear to require the state’s firearms owners to obtain coverage that does not actually exist, particularly in the wake of regulatory actions to shut down the NRA’s Carry Guard program. That would amount to a de facto ban on firearms ownership, directly contravening the Supreme Court’s 2008 decision in District of Columbia v. Heller, even before applying the Court’s more recent Bruen test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1