gunforhire

Love waking up to CCW text like this!

Our students are getting their carry permits! Where are you in the NJCCW process and how is your town handling permits? 

Another success story from Gun For Hire! And from the town of West Milford! 

No need to have your application done to shoot the qualification course. Go to gunforhire.com/njccw and schedule now. We now have qual dates listed through August!

FBDBA4AC-DA24-4968-838D-AA08659B8F31.jpeg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, oneshot said:

Hearing? So youre required to go to a court hearing to see if you are issued or denied your permit to carry? Thats total BS

It varies from county to county. 

From what my PD told me, Hudson county does not require a hearing and once approved by the Judge, my permit will be mailed back to JCPD where I will have to pick it up from. 

I don't see mentioned anywhere in the statute that a hearing is required unless you are denied. Its truly unfortunate when even the courts here don't follow the law

• Informative 1

5 hours ago, glockdoc said:

It varies from county to county. 

From what my PD told me, Hudson county does not require a hearing and once approved by the Judge, my permit will be mailed back to JCPD where I will have to pick it up from. 

I don't see mentioned anywhere in the statute that a hearing is required unless you are denied. Its truly unfortunate when even the courts here don't follow the law

How the f does it vary from county to county? The statutes are a blanket policy, they (the counties,townships etc) cannot indiscriminately choose to add their own rules and requirements.

23 minutes ago, oneshot said:

How the f does it vary from county to county? The statutes are a blanket policy, they (the counties,townships etc) cannot indiscriminately choose to add their own rules and requirements.

I see you are new to the state.  Welcome to NJ!  

Sorry, you are of course entirely correct.  They shouldn't vary from county to county.  Or from town to town--we see a lot of that as well.  Indiscriminate fabrication of arbitrary requirements isn't legal.  But it remains pervasive in this state, with but minor progress being made to remedy it.  The state has no interest in fixing the problem, and probably would prefer to see it become worse.

Old. Stiff. Sore. But I’m walking and moving around. Knees are vital. LOL. 

Be safe brother. 

Once this case hits. This will all be. Memory. https://www.firearmspolicy.org/fpc-challenges-new-jersey-firearm-purchase-permit-requirement

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, oneshot said:

Because if the judge wants to waive the court appearance, they are free to do so. A court appearance is the status quo.

A court appearance would be the biggest roadblock for me due to my work schedule. This brings up another interesting question, where does my application go? I live in Monmouth County, but with no local PD, I go through the NJSP in Hamilton, Mercer County. So would my application go to a Mercer or Monmouth County Judge? 

1 hour ago, 10X said:

I see you are new to the state.  Welcome to NJ!  

Sorry, you are of course entirely correct.  They shouldn't vary from county to county.  Or from town to town--we see a lot of that as well.  Indiscriminate fabrication of arbitrary requirements isn't legal.  But it remains pervasive in this state, with but minor progress being made to remedy it.  The state has no interest in fixing the problem, and probably would prefer to see it become worse.

hardly new to NJ j,ust continuously  disgusted with the Nazi regime in power. cant wait to get out if i live  long enough .