JohnnyB

Is MeWe NJ Guns for sale gone or is it just me???

mewe that supposedly prides themselves on not censoring is shutting down the nj guns for sale page? fook them then.

1 hour ago, kc17 said:

MeWe is shutting down gun related groups.

The new one is called NJ & PA NJGFS ROD CLUB (AKA THE REFUGE). In the chat they have other backups. Including something called Keybase, which seems to me to be similar to Discord. 

just did a search for that.......nada.

15 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

mewe that supposedly prides themselves on not censoring is shutting down the nj guns for sale page? fook them then.

You have to go into mewe home and search the page, answer some questions, wait and then the page is all bullshit right now!  All about games and 40 chances at $10 a chance, $400, wins.  If this is what it's come to......I want no part of it!

I have 2A rights and I refuse to try to hide that fact by playing a silly game as though I a criminal buying through the black market!:mad:

8 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

I don't know, I still see it. 

7 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

You have to go into mewe home and search the page, answer some questions, wait and then the page is all bullshit right now!  All about games and 40 chances at $10 a chance, $400, wins.  If this is what it's come to......I want no part of it!

I have 2A rights and I refuse to try to hide that fact by playing a silly game as though I a criminal buying through the black market!:mad:

I did not get any of that. No questions this time and no mention of games. 

Here's the link to the Keybase group. https://keybase.io/team/lakewontonrodcki

I cannot figure out how to share a link with the mewee group without giving mw email addresses, that ain't happening. 

image.thumb.png.ad647e0ed8b7c4d1de4b32e9f575c40b.png

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

they're deleting gun groups. which i guess means that they've been infiltrated.

According to the infallible Wikipedia, MeWe has not been sold, but does have new top level management and advisors.

Mark Weinstein is the founder of MeWe and was its CEO until April 2021. Jeffrey Scott Edell became the company's CEO and was named as Chairman in 2022.[12][35] Advisors to MeWe include computer scientist Tim Berners-Lee and filmmaker Cullen Hoback.

The Wiki page describes MeWe as a haven for militias, white supremacists and anti vaxxers.

Although MeWe has not intentionally positioned itself as a social network for conservatives,[3][14] Mashable noted in November 2020 that its active userbase trends conservative.[3] The platform's choice not to moderate misinformation on the platform has attracted conservatives who felt mainstream social networks were censoring their posts, and those who have been banned from those platforms

I love how the wiki summarily describes conservative views and questions opposing the Biden admin and Faucci as misinformation.  That entire page needs a re-edit to bring it up to Wikipedia's standards for content neutrality.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:  This post frm Reddit seems to be the most plausible, but unconfirmed explanation behind the disappearances.

Yea, they're gonna be strict on firearms SALES and TRADES. They're based out of California which just passed a law that says you can get sued for any transactions of guns that are not allowed CA state law - which is a lot of stuff. That's a pretty big liability for them.

• Crazy 1

Just for the fun of it, I submitted a feedback form for them asking why they were deleting groups related to firearms. There was an option requesting an email response which I clicked. So far I have gotten three auto-generated emails. One thanking me for providing feedback, one telling me my request was received, the third telling me to expect a delayed response due to an increase in volume of tickets. 

They have one of my throw-away random emails which I created for those types of accounts and I typically only look at when I'm expecting something there. 

• Haha 1

Cher Beignet posted the following on their home page. perhaps it's time for everyone to start sending messages about this.

Group owners, hello! My name is Cher Beignet, and I'm MeWe's new community manager.

My job is to work with you to select new content for MeWe Discover, our latest tool to help groups and pages grow.

Interact with members and soon-to-be members like never before. Don’t forget to opt in to Discover in your group settings.

Check it out, and let us know what you think! Help members discover you on MeWe.

40 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

My name is Cher Beignet, and I'm MeWe's new community manager.

MeWe didn't need a new manager, they needed a new state to incorporate and operate out of.  I wonder how many users they will loose.  Probably over 100,000.