Oakridgefirearms

Can anyone recommend a lawyer for auto lemon law related issues?

So I bought a brand new 2021 truck for my other business and at the ripe age of 5 months and 3600 miles I had a major safety issue that makes the truck undriveable. The truck has been at the dealer for two months and I was just told today by the manufacturer that they are not going to repair the problem or fix any damage that occurred as a result of this problem. The manufacturer gave me an amazingly absurd excuse, that couldn't possibly have caused this problem, for why they don't want to repair this vehicle.

I do not want to post more details on an open forum at this time, but if anyone thinks they can help I can provide a lot more details through a PM.

Also, since this is a commercial vehicle, NJ lemon laws do not apply. So, I cannot use consumer affairs as leverage against them.

NJ lemon law has no carve outs in the statute for commercial vehicles. 

It says the lemon law applies to consumers, but in the statute that is defined as 

“Consumer” means a buyer or lessee, other than for purposes of resale or sublease, of a motor vehicle; a person to whom a motor vehicle is transferred during the duration of a warranty applicable to the motor vehicle; or any other person entitled by the terms of the warranty to enforce the obligations of the warranty.

So if you are just using it for business, the lemon law should cover it. 

The tricky bit is going to be if the defect caused an accident and thus makes it hard to meet the multiple visits or out of service time requirements. 

1 hour ago, silverado427 said:

I would out the dealer and manufacture on social media.   Go to their website pages on Facebook, Twitter , Tic Toc and blast them for the lack of customer service support.  

I most likely will eventually, but for now I'd like to consult with a lawyer before I even have the vehicle removed from the dealer's lot.

37 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

NJ lemon law has no carve outs in the statute for commercial vehicles. 

According to NJ consumer affairs NJ lemon law does not apply to: "Commercial vehicles and the living quarters of
motor homes"

19 minutes ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

I most likely will eventually, but for now I'd like to consult with a lawyer before I even have the vehicle removed from the dealer's lot.

According to NJ consumer affairs NJ lemon law does not apply to: "Commercial vehicles and the living quarters of
motor homes"

The living quarters of motor homes makes sense from my reading. The commercial vehicle thing does not. I'm seeing lawyer pages that essentially agree with me. It may be that consumer affairs does not, and you just need to lawyer up even if the lawyer is relying on the lemon law statute.