CapGuns&SnapsKid

36 Stolen Handguns

https://www.wfmz.com/news/area/western-newjersey/36-handguns-stolen-from-lopatcong-twp-shop-during-break-in/article_15fd390e-0e12-11ed-b77a-efc2ced40d30.html

Well that's 36 handguns on NJ streets do you thing they got their FID card, permits and 10rd magazines?! Criminals going to always criminal. 

I guess if I'm the government I'm going to ask:

1. Was the alarm system active and working, and where's the alarm system log?

2. Were all those handguns in a safe?

I sure hope the answers are not detrimental to their business.

6 minutes ago, FairbanksRusty said:

The answer is obvious. 9mm’s are the only rounds that will blow out lungs. 

The theft is not funny at all. But Brandon's probable answer is. :lol:

4 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

The theft is not funny at all. But Brandon's probable answer is. :lol:

No, not at all. But is does seem suspicious as well. 

Reminds me of when Ramsey Outdoor Store in Paramus was robbed overnight back in the 90’s. Thieves cut a hole in the roof and stole a bunch of handguns. The townspeople were appalled when they find out that ROS sold guns! 

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

1. Was the alarm system active and working, and where's the alarm system log?

I was thinking the same. …so at the end of the video it said they “had a security system in place” but the neighbor sees the door smashed open at 05:30.  So what did they have a non-working alarm system or didn’t the monitoring company dispatch? Unless I’m missing something seems like a huge gap in time between the break-in and it being reported. Sounds to me like their alarm system was either compromised or it was a local alarm only that's not monitored .

On 7/28/2022 at 5:55 PM, FXDX said:

I was thinking the same. …so at the end of the video it said they “had a security system in place” but the neighbor sees the door smashed open at 05:30.  So what did they have a non-working alarm system or didn’t the monitoring company dispatch? Unless I’m missing something seems like a huge gap in time between the break-in and it being reported. Sounds to me like their alarm system was either compromised or it was a local alarm only that's not monitored .

There was a group robbing houses in Mahawah a few years back, they knew how to cut phone and telecom lines to homes and robbed them. Now some of these systems have cell service, would be interested to know. 

2 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

There was a group robbing houses in Mahawah a few years back, they knew how to cut phone and telecom lines to homes and robbed them. Now some of these systems have cell service, would be interested to know. 

I don’t know that shop but if they had neighbors I would think they’d hear the siren? Just seems from the info in the news link there was a huge gap in time.

There was a NY based thief ring hitting a nearby area a while back. They kicked the door in on a relative’s house and must have knew the local PD response time. They had telco alarm monitoring but their service was underground so there was no attempt to disable it but that didn’t stop from going it.   IIRC that was around 11:00AM, both husband and wife were at work.  They got some jewelry and other personal property but firearms were locked in a safe. So with the alarm sending it codes to the CS and the siren blasting they were in & out quickly.

They knew it was a NY crew because an hour after the robbery their CC's were being used and maxed out in NY. I heard that group (or group with the same M.O.) came back a couple weeks later and did another home on the same street and got a big payday because there was no alarm. Obviously who ever targeted the gun store knew exactly what they wanted. I hope I’m wrong and off topic but I’m thinking with all the illegals coming in it just a matter of time before we see a spike in residential B&E’s.

8 hours ago, FXDX said:

I don’t know that shop but if they had neighbors I would think they’d hear the siren? Just seems from the info in the news link there was a huge gap in time.

Knowing the area - the neighboring properties are an auto shop and the gas station.  If they went in the back way - the audible alarm may not have been heard by the neighbors across the street or behind the shop.

The actual pin on the map is wrong - Tech Ops is the circled building.

image.thumb.png.a699d1040339c923c68eb5134ab540d1.png

3 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Knowing the area - the neighboring properties are an auto shop and the gas station.  If they went in the back way - the audible alarm may not have been heard by the neighbors across the street or behind the shop.

That could be the case, it may have sounded and been too weak to hear from a distance or it was simply ignored.  I'll go with the original assumption, either the alarm system was compromised or it was never connected for monitoring