AJ214

New guy from Monmouth County

Hi folks,

found you guys this afternoon while down a Modern Materiel rabbit hole. Joined up because of a Daniel Defense in the classifieds. Anyway, I’m career Mil / LE, shoot pretty regularly (though not enough). Happy to have found this place. AL

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forums! Plenty of current/former military and LEO's on here. It's helpful btw if you flesh out your profile - w/hometown, home range, etc.  People tend to chime in more when they realize you're right in their neighborhood. It's also helpful down the road if you're doing a transaction with anyone. Again, welcome aboard! :D 

--- Psssst... word to the wise... if anyone on here should ask for your opinion on NJ breakfast meats, the correct answer is and will always be: it's Taylor Ham (said with firm, quiet conviction and with a deadly serious look in your eye). Let no one on here dissuade you from that simple plain truth. Good luck and godspeed! ;)

• Crazy 1
  • Disagree 5

24 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Welcome!

Where do you shoot normally?  What do you shoot normally?  

Hi and thanks!

Other than a couple of excursions a year, I just shoot at police ranges. I’ll be at the Monmouth County outdoor range tomorrow AM. I’ve been meaning to join the range down at Dix but complacency etc….

These-days I don’t do much more than qualify with our three load outs; G23, Remington 870 and a ModMat patrol rifle.

In a couple of former lives I’ve lives with with a couple of M4 variants along with H&K UMP (45) and the much loved MP5.

At home I have kind of an oddball mishmash, a basic Ruger ranch (5.56), M1A Socom, a weird but satisfying Beretta, mandatory shotgun, Charter pit bull (in case I ever get attacked by Care-bears). The most fun gun I’ve picked up in a while is a Canik TP something or other. I don’t have enough quality time with any of the firearms I own, hence the need to join a decent club / civilian range. 

• Like 3