CAL. .30 M1

Large scale power outtage

I work in Rockaway, live in Mt. Olive. Around 3pm a tension line between the power grid on 80 east and the power lines cutting threw the wood on 80 west right before the truck pulloff exploded/broke. Line came down over both sides of 80 and hit some cars and started a fire in the brush on west side. Shut down 80 for 30-45 minutes or a bit more. 5pm I left work and took 80 west home to see what the damage was. 10 minute drive took me about 30 minutes but everything was cleaned up at the scene. I could see the burnt grass on the side of the road. After that it pretty much opened up and everything was fine. Most people have been restored from what I understand.

On a side note the Sussex County Fairgrounds also lost power. They had to call in rescue to get people off rides that were stuck. Power was restored a few hours ago. 

• Like 3

My outage this morning was a vehicle accident at route 94 and Paulinskill Lake road. It must have taken down a primary fed by the substation on 94 just north of Blairstown, so the primary kicked off and took down a couple thousand customers. Off at 9: 55 AM, back on at 1:55 PM. Solid since then.

1 hour ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Power back by the time I got home...traffic across 23 n was crazy from west milford up....

*But*, this put 60k plus people without power...imagine whats gonna happen  when the EMP's go off....

Thanks for the cheerful thought!  :o 

[Makes mental note: buy mo' canned goods... and ammo...]

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Thanks for the cheerful thought!  :o 

[Makes mental note: buy mo' canned goods... and ammo...]

Definitely mo ammo! You can have too much food which will go bad......Ammo never goes bad!  Spoiled food won't get you mo ammo but fresh ammo can always get you you mo food! :)

6 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Definitely mo ammo! You can have too much food which will go bad......Ammo never goes bad!  Spoiled food won't get you mo ammo but fresh ammo can always get you you mo food! :)

You can only carry so much

The only way to survive is have a network

• Like 1

One of my neighbors had their PSE&G underground line from the curb to the meter sizzle yesterday afternoon.  They weren't prepared for an extended outage.  Lucky for them, her brother lives in the neighborhood.  They were able to transfer their refrigerated and frozen goods to his house.  I'm going to work on them to get a back-up generator installed.

Side note:  Nothing like having excavation happen when you're trying to get to sleep at 11pm. :facepalm:

• Like 1

Sorry guys, we have to shutdown NJ NICS for 2 months due to this power line. Oh, we are backlogged at the Superior Courts across the state due to this power outage. That means your PTCs are on hold until further notice.. Lol

• Haha 1