HBecwithFn7

NJ now "Shall Issue???????"

I was browsing a thread on one of my Florida gun forums where the claim was made that, thanks to the Bruen case, NJ "wiggled a little" and now offers "by the book  Shall issue."  I couldn't believe it!  Is that the case now?  If true, that would be a heck of a milestone for NJ.  And I'm sure all the CLEOs are buzzing over that!

Any truth to that, and if yes, has anyone tried it and what has been the experience?

57 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

I was browsing a thread on one of my Florida gun forums where the claim was made that, thanks to the Bruen case, NJ "wiggled a little" and now offers "by the book  Shall issue."  I couldn't believe it!  Is that the case now?  If true, that would be a heck of a milestone for NJ.  And I'm sure all the CLEOs are buzzing over that!

Any truth to that, and if yes, has anyone tried it and what has been the experience?

Wow! Maybe we should move back to NJ!

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

8 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

NJ turned "Shall Issue", but is also about to turn "May Carry"...

Unless you live in newark, camden, paterson, vineland and really any gang owned city and town in nj. But the legal gun owner is screwed in nj. Also gun sales on any corner in the above mentioned cities!

40 minutes ago, SW9racer said:

what states does nj have reciprocal with?

None. They do not honor permits from other states.

That said, I just looked at the USA Concealed Carry website that has the best map for showing "reciprocity."

Take a look at this:

image.png.c46ec2f5f5a30dc130122b818b5da4d4.png

You'll see, clearly, that NJ does not honor any other state's permits or licenses.  

Now, I flip it to States that Honor my permit and lo and behold:

image.thumb.png.a3b6ac7de9f50e2bd653dcd5bfb59971.png

And Glory be....  NJ appears to be "Shall Issue" to residents and non-residents!

A quick check of "handgunlaw.us"  reveals the following:

image.thumb.png.06570601cac05bfb4e1dacd6dff2785a.png

The above appears to be a more realistic report of what happened. So,  NJ just might be, technically, "Shall Issue" in that if you meet all the other requirements, you no longer need to present "Justifiable need."  But like it says, up here, watch for more "No guns allowed" signs to pop up all over the place.   We have that same issue before us in Florida. If we go ahead with Constitutional carry, the "Rodent" and the FRF (Florida retail Federation) will screem and cry for "no gun" signs that carry the force/weight of law.  Right now, they don't.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, up there.

7 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

The shall issue system here is similar to that of Washington DC now in that there are a lot of stipulations and requirements to keep the process from being simple and affordable....by design.

Yah, I didn't think NJ would give up so easily....

7 hours ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

Yah, I didn't think NJ would give up so easily....

They really have not given up easily! Look at the carry permits in New Hampshire!! for example!