Scorpio64

Shotgun Shoot, Sunday Sept. 11, Stafford Forge WMA

Canvassing for interest in a South Jerz clay and rifle shoot at Stafford Forge WMA. 

This invite is open to all members.

I will be at the STAFFORD FORGE WMA shotgun range with some njgf  members, along with friends and family at 0900, Sunday, September 11th.  How long we are there depends on how many show up, but we are usually there until at least noon.

You and your friends are welcome to join us for a morning of turning money into noise. With a little luck, we may even get to see the NJ Air Guard doing their own target practice runs with A-10 Warthogs.

Most of my time will be spent at the shotgun range.  If you bring rifles, you MUST have a firearm hunting license OR be on the rifle range with someone who has one.  The rifle range was renovated a couple years ago, it's really nice now since they installed very stable concrete tables and benches.  There are more shooting positions too, I think six tables. 

Another new feature at Stafford Forge is the removal of barriers allowing vehicles to drive up to the shooting areas.  No more slogging from the eternally flooded parking area to the shooting pads.

I will be bringing my automatic trap machine and a few cases of targets.  If you have a thrower, bring it.

Bring your shotgun, as much #7.5 or #8 lead target/field loads as you want to shoot, and depending on how much you want to shoot, a carton of clay pigeons would be great.  Supplies are available at Shooters, which is just off the GSP exit.  Don't forget eyes and ears.  Also recommended is a chair, insect repellent, and something to drink.

If you don't have a shotgun and just want to have a go at trap shooting, you are welcome to use my loaner shotgun. 

1301718361_Stafford-Map-1copy.thumb.jpg.97afe32e37e83d70c2f22bedd970ee80.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DirtyDigz said:

Regrettably I'm out, doing my OBRPC initiation that day.

Bring your shotgun anyway.  I believe they have skeet and trap fields.  If it's the same place I'm thinking of, it was where I went before each duck hunting season to sharpen my skillz.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I remember the last shoot we did before I left. It was fun! 

Poking fun at my squib reloads doesn't count as fun.  I overhauled my press and also discovered a mistake I was making about the shot cups I was using in one particular load.  I guess now I'll have to take responsibility for misses.  There is definitely powder in ALL my reloads.

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

Poking fun at my squib reloads doesn't count as fun.  I overhauled my press and also discovered a mistake I was making about the shot cups I was using in one particular load.  I guess now I'll have to take responsibility for misses.  There is definitely powder in ALL my reloads.

You still using the Mec I sold you?  That thing can make some nice rounds...

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

We are back in NJ for a long weekend mid October….just sayen. Lol

We'll definitely get something together.

1 hour ago, Tunaman said:

You still using the Mec I sold you?  That thing can make some nice rounds...

Yep, yep.I've cranked out around 1250 trap loads so far, most of 'em even worked. My last batch had some issues because of a couple stoopid mistakes. 

I tore down the press as much as I could without me needing three hands to reassemble.  Cleaned it up good, got new powder washer and primer feeder spring, and made a few small adjustments.  It runs slicker than snot on a doorknob now. 

45 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I will be there at 0900.  Rain isn't until after 4.

btw  look for a white  2005 Silverado  extended cab.

Great! See you then…. I’ll prob be in my green excursion… or grey/silver F250 crew cab…

Great time today! Thanks for organizing and putting out the invite Scorp’!

Heres a few random pics.. always great to get some younger and newer shooters in the mix….

And us old guys who can’t miss with those fancy long barreled guns. We need to be challenged so why not bust out with some tactical and shockwave guns to dust some clays!  :D   Now that was a challenge!

image15.jpeg

image16.png

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

image9.jpeg