MB24

Who went to PA for prints?

4 minutes ago, MB24 said:

If you went to Pa. for prints was if Fair Hills? Did you walk in or make an appointment. If you walked in was there a long wait, the site recommends appointment because of long wait times.

I went to Fairless Hills on Tuesday as a walk in.. there was one person getting their fingerprints taken. I sat down for 30 seconds and was already next.. they do take appointments over walk ins.. I just lucked out on my timing. I was there about 10:30am. 

1 hour ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

I went to Fairless Hills on Tuesday as a walk in.. there was one person getting their fingerprints taken. I sat down for 30 seconds and was already next.. they do take appointments over walk ins.. I just lucked out on my timing. I was there about 10:30am. 

Lucky, I was told by my PD  the Manahawkin office had done some walk-ins, so I went down, no one there waiting, one employee. Sat for 5 minutes ignored, finally told no walk-ins schedule online they don't make appointments either, was a week before I was printed.

I went to the IdentoGo in a AAA location in Philadelphia (9475 Roosevelt Blvd, Philadelphia) I had an appointment, but they took walk ins. They let me change my contributor numbers, and I also took my photos there. I think it was about $10. Very pleasant, in and out in a few minutes.

5 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

How to make a appointment for prints.   If someone can answer this question with details, That would be very helpful.

get the contributor case number from your PD

Go to Identogo.com and make an appt

Enter service 2F164B, the contributor case number and your personal data

choose an appt in PA

show up for your appt with ID (two forms they asked me for)

They’ll collect your prints 

And you’re done

16 minutes ago, g17owner said:

I went to East Stroudsburg. In and out in 10 minutes

That's great to hear I'll be submitting my package this week and plan on getting printed there.

4 hours ago, samiam said:

I was asked to specify one form of id when I booked the appointment on-line. I specified my NJ DL. I actually took both my DL and my passport, but was asked (Ardmore) for only one id (my impression was that I could have used either one)

My mistake - it is indeed one form of ID. 

The Identogo website today 8/23/22 gave me 5 options based on my location 4 in NJ, one in Staten Island. 0 appointments available in the next 7 days at all 5 locations.

Changed zip to PA and the 5 options given me each had close to 200 available appointments in the next 7 days at each location.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, samiam said:

Mirrors my experience from my ZIP here in South Jersey. Nothing within 50 miles (or whatever middle radius is offered on the web site search) in NJ for 7 days, hundreds of appointments available in Philly & suburbs, including many in early morning the very next day. Hard to believe that NJ isn't somehow influencing that skew, with IdentoGO getting a ~50% bonus for cooperating. 

My guess is NJ only lets Identogo do so many Firearm prints a day per location. This works out great for Identogo as they'll make a killing on the out of state fees.

And they get to do it every 2 years.

Remember there is a rush of people both for carry permit printing plus newbs that are trying to get an FID before the training requirements go into effect. And for all I know, fall sports and other back to school printing might be on top of that

But clearly the bottleneck and fees are a scam regardless