MB24

Who went to PA for prints?

23 hours ago, Xtors said:

Fair Hills was easy peasy. Got there a bit early and was taken pretty much on time. Guy was nice and explained everything.

I went to fairless hills yesterday as a walk in. Got in there about 11:30am and was out by noon..  One girl ahead of me with an actual appointment has some confusing issues and he spent a lot more time than normal with her. Otherwise i would have been out much faster than that.

Fairless hills had no appointment times available yesterday, but they let you schedule as a walk in. Same signup, you get a number, etc, as if you scheduled a time slot. You just check "Wak-in" and then they take care of you when they can between scheduled appointments..     

The extra wasted 40$ still pisses me off though..  $100 bucks total for prints my PD already has....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SOMBYS said:

I went to Easton, PA because I was able to get in next day, Annandale, N.J. was backed up 2 weeks. Now just a heads up it was a extra $39.95 because I went out of state.

There may be a workaround.  When recently I tried to schedule in northern NJ, within the next 7 days in a 25 mile radius there were no appointments in NJ, but over 1600 at those NY Identigos that were within the radius.  So I reluctantly booked one in NY.

When I got the confirmation email, I immediately clicked the 'reschedule' link, searched around my zip code once more, and-Surprise!-the NJ appointments were now visible.  My nearest IdentoGo had appointments any time I wanted, as soon as the next day.   So I moved my appointment there, and the out-of-state surcharge disappeared.  I was printed Thursday.

I've not yet heard if this has worked for anyone else, or if I just got lucky somehow.  If this is a general hack, I recommend it to anyone struggling to get prints done.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, 10X said:

There may be a workaround.  When recently I tried to schedule in northern NJ, within the next 7 days in a 25 mile radius there were no appointments in NJ, but over 1600 at those NY Identigos that were within the radius.  So I reluctantly booked one in NY.

When I got the confirmation email, I immediately clicked the 'reschedule' link, searched around my zip code once more, and-Surprise!-the NJ appointments were now visible.  My nearest IdentoGo had appointments any time I wanted, as soon as the next day.   So I moved my appointment there, and the out-of-state surcharge disappeared.  I was printed Thursday.

I've not yet heard if this has worked for anyone else, or if I just got lucky somehow.  If this is a general hack, I recommend it to anyone struggling to get prints done.

In my opinion Strikeforce should be looking into this.

I REEKS of collusion where the Identogo people would intentionally block the scheduling in NJ so they can get the extra money for out of state visits in PA and NY.

I find it impossible to believe that their NJ locations are 100% booked 100% of the time.

The timing of their scheduling issues and the changes to Carry and FID processes is too great a coincidence.

Has the makings of a class action suit.  Glad I saved my out of state receipt...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, 124gr9mm said:

I REEKS of collusion where the Identogo people would intentionally block the scheduling in NJ so they can get the extra money for out of state visits in PA and NY.

I find it impossible to believe that their NJ locations are 100% booked 100% of the time.

The timing of their scheduling issues and the changes to Carry and FID processes is too great a coincidence.

Has the makings of a class action suit.  Glad I saved my out of state receipt...

I did raise it to Strikeforce earlier this week, including a screenshot showing no NJ appointments and over 1600 in NY, within my 25 mile radius.  I noted that several have reported that scheduling from an out of state address unlocks all the NJ appointments. I hadn’t yet hit on the ‘schedule out of state then reschedule in state’ hack, which I hope works for everyone  

No response thus far, but I think they are more appropriately devoting their resources to the counties that aren’t issuing at all, or are issuing with the ‘no vehicle’ restriction.  Maybe they can circle back to Identogo at some point  

• Informative 1

6 hours ago, 10X said:

Wish I knew about this work around. I  could have saved $40 and a trip to PA.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, brucin said:

Wish I knew about this work around. I  could have saved $40 and a trip to PA.

I’m still waiting to hear if it works for anyone else, but it might be a way to fool the system into thinking you are from out-of-state even though you had to enter your in-state address initially.  

12 hours ago, samiam said:

IdentoGO

This is just a wild guess.  Maybe IdentiGO blocked out a certain percentage of time slots for people NOT getting a CCW,  There are lots of jobs out there that require fingerprinting.  Maybe they anticipated that some NJ folks would go to PA, maybe they didn't, either way, it's an unexpected windfall.

The one thing I'm pretty sure of is this; If they are making bank with things set up the way they are now, even if there are NJ time slots available, they are not going to put the brakes on the gravy train any time soon.

In any case, Murphy and identiGO are killing polar bears and tree frogs by making people use more gas to get their prints done.  But that's okay, it was never about polar bears and tree frogs, as long as they are making money and fucking over gun owners, it's all good.

• Agree 2

On 9/24/2022 at 3:15 PM, 10X said:

I’m still waiting to hear if it works for anyone else, but it might be a way to fool the system into thinking you are from out-of-state even though you had to enter your in-state address initially.  

I also went to PA because NJ had nothing for several weeks. In the few days leading up to my PA appointment I repeatedly tried rescheduling to NJ in the chance something opened up. No luck in finding one available. It's been exactly a month today that I submitted everything, so thinking maybe Easter?

On 9/24/2022 at 10:08 AM, 124gr9mm said:

Yes I think you are right because I go to the same place for my CDL fingerprints every 4 years for my CDL DL and there is no $39.95 extra charge for out of state and my DL prints have to go through TSA. I think they are just taking  advantage of people to get their fingerprints for the carry permit.

• Agree 1

I had to go to PA.....for employment fingerprinting. No way could I wait 6 weeks, to start working. I went into Philly. 1130am appt....walked in at 1115, out at 1130. quick and easy. It was an all in one business center. mailing, ups, passports, etc.