H2oVento

Handgun permit issues

Anyone else having delays getting handgun permits. I applied for 4 five days ago. Only one of my two referances have been contacted. I 1st one with in hours of submitting on-line. I even double checked the e-mail address and it is good, no its not sitting in a spam folder. . I can only guess how long this is going to take. My 2nd ref is a retired officer and he said in one of my e-mails maybe they are just useing the ref from last time he filled it out. (that did not makes sence to me). Anyone know who I need to speak to about this. My local PD?

Thank You,

I applied for permits a couple of weeks ago.  My references received an email within seconds of my clicking "submit".  I'm pretty sure the reference emails are automated and nobody at your local PD (or NJSP) sends the email manually.   If the email wasn't sent, something didn't work.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, SJ Guns said:

I applied for permits a couple of weeks ago.  My references received an email within seconds of my clicking "submit".  I'm pretty sure the reference emails are automated and nobody at your local PD (or NJSP) sends the email manually.   If the email wasn't sent, something didn't work.

How do I get this corrected... Never have I had a problem with this before

The first time I ever applied using the new system, the same happened with one of my references. Just call your local PD FIU and just ask them to resend it. My PD also said if my reference still didn't receive the email they would mail out a paper one instead. 

Update I applied on 8-12. 1st reff got e-mail and filled out with in an hour. 2nd did not. Verifed the e-mail 9 ways to sunday. Called my locat PD on 8-25. Got the voice mail for the person who handles it. Left a nice message. Today 8-26-22 @ 830 my second reff said he got the e-mail, @ 840 got a call from my local PD to follow up as they resent the e-mail. In fact my 2nd ref got the e-mail 3 times. Quick nice chat. Love my local PD. FYI they are working on apx 60 CCW apps and trying to get them done as fast as possible. (Hanover Twp in morris county) 

• Like 2

I did my application two weeks ago. The new online process is great. Within 10 minutes of hitting "submit" I get a call from my first reference saying he was done. Got a confirmation email moments later. An hour later the same with my second reference. My friend in Red Bank said it was a 6 month wait for his to come through, and he's a retired chief of police, yet a civilian friend in Whippany had his in 13 days. Hoping for fast turnaround here in Denville as my new holosun scs sits on my workbench and my new new gen5 g19 mos sits at the lgs waiting to go to it's new home. 

3 hours ago, tjs3023 said:

I did my application two weeks ago. The new online process is great. Within 10 minutes of hitting "submit" I get a call from my first reference saying he was done. Got a confirmation email moments later. An hour later the same with my second reference. My friend in Red Bank said it was a 6 month wait for his to come through, and he's a retired chief of police, yet a civilian friend in Whippany had his in 13 days. Hoping for fast turnaround here in Denville as my new holosun scs sits on my workbench and my new new gen5 g19 mos sits at the lgs waiting to go to it's new home. 

Once you go in and pay the township the fee for you permits it should only be a few days before the state activates your permits.

That was my experience.

6 hours ago, H2oVento said:

9-7-22 finally got the e-mail from the local PD to come in pay the $2.00 (each) fee. 26 days. NEVER in my life had I had to wait more than a week. even during the lockdowns. This is just stupid. 

26 days is extraordinary.  You should be very happy.  Some people have /are waiting 6+ months.  Be grateful not mad.

50 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

P30SK, P30, HK45. All V3 with safety. P30SK first so I can do my qualification.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/642230261839

I think this is the one you want right?  Seems to be in stock around - also check with @remixer Steve @ Monmouth arms.

3 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/642230261839

I think this is the one you want right?  Seems to be in stock around - also check with @remixer Steve @ Monmouth arms.

beat you to it, I already placed the order with Steve

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MartyZ said:

Here is a question to the masses. I applied for 3 pistol purchase permits. Why did my approval email include a link to a digital FID card? I've had a physical FID card for 20 years.

They do that for everyone now. It has been long forgotten that you could get PtPP without an FID - why wouldn't you for a measly $5?

I do not think they charge you the $5 for an electronic FPIC if you already had a paper one.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

They do that for everyone now. It has been long forgotten that you could get PtPP without an FID - why wouldn't you for a measly $5?

I do not think they charge you the $5 for an electronic FPIC if you already had a paper one.

No, they did not charge me. I was just curious since is was my first experience with fars. I obviously have not bought a pistol in a while. I need to catch up.

3 hours ago, MartyZ said:

Here is a question to the masses. I applied for 3 pistol purchase permits. Why did my approval email include a link to a digital FID card? I've had a physical FID card for 20 years.

They do it every time - I have it downloaded just in case.

12 hours ago, MartyZ said:

They did it specifically for those of you who are afraid of carrying their off-sized FPID card (for fear of loss or mutilation), so now, you can download the digital version to your phone. Voila - you ALWAYS have an acceptable FOID card with you so you can fondle things at the FFL's or present it to the local popo on the side of the road when you get questioned on your way to/from the range.

It's very rare that the Glorious Peoples Republik of New Jerseystan does something good for gun owners. So enjoy it when it happens!

On 9/8/2022 at 12:36 PM, H2oVento said:

9-7-22 finally got the e-mail from the local PD to come in pay the $2.00 (each) fee. 26 days. NEVER in my life had I had to wait more than a week. even during the lockdowns. This is just stupid. 

and I am still waiting

Hit enter for 3 ptp on 8/2, got a call on 8/12 to pay for the permits, was all excited, no way it took less than 2 weeks in Brick township, get to the PD and the girl tells me they make you pay up front now because they have 200 apps sitting there where people didn’t come in to pay, leave bummed. Still waiting, heard they are turning them around in 6 weeks. Should be soon, I hope.