Grima Squeakersen

Pennsylvania Non-resident Permit to Carry

this is from Delaware County   "A Pennsylvania license cannot be issued to a resident of another state who does not possess a current unrestricted  license or permit" So, if you have one of these court ordered PTC w/ restrictions to what you can carry, you cannot apply for a PA CCW? 

31 minutes ago, samiam said:

I suspect that what is meant is the kind of permits that NJ has issued pre-Bruen to security guards, etc., that were only valid during working hours. I could be wrong, though. I guess a definitive answer will need to wait until someone whose permit has been limited by a NJ Superior Court judge to carrying a specific handgun applies for a PA license.

yea, Im going to wait till I get mines from Burlington County then call over to Delco if I have one with restrictions. And take it from there.

6 hours ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

this is from Delaware County   "A Pennsylvania license cannot be issued to a resident of another state who does not possess a current unrestricted  license or permit" So, if you have one of these court ordered PTC w/ restrictions to what you can carry, you cannot apply for a PA CCW? 

36 minutes ago, samiam said:

I suspect that what is meant is the kind of permits that NJ has issued pre-Bruen to security guards, etc., that were only valid during working hours. I could be wrong, though. I guess a definitive answer will need to wait until someone whose permit has been limited by a NJ Superior Court judge to carrying a specific handgun applies for a PA license.

Some PA counties that are close to NY State would refuse to accept a NY restricted permit. NY judges in some counties frequently put restrictions on permits limiting them to Hiking ,Hunting, Fishing, Camping. This is not in the NY Legal Code just something they made up.

Some PA counties refuse to issue non resident permits entirely which is in violation of the PA legal code. If one was to bring a suit against one of these counties the plaintiff would prevail but it is far cheaper to just go to a 2A friendly county like Center County who issues non resident permits regardless of whether or not the permit is restricted.

Post Bruen NY counties have been removing the restrictions from restricted permits, some automatically some ask for a form to be filled out.

I am quite certain that a NJ permit with a list of the handguns on it will be accepted in Center County.

Center County is also advantages as they issue your permit immediately. The whole process including filling out the application took about 20 minutes maybe less.

Lackawanna County which is closer used to issue to NY restricted permits but changed a few years ago but the NY restrictions are on when you could carry not what.

• Informative 1

On 9/8/2022 at 11:36 AM, glockdoc said:

any updates from Delaware county?

online progress tracker still shows "assigning to processor shortly" 

Applied 08/18

Update, just received a call from the Sheriffs office my PTC was approved and I need to go in and pick it up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative 1

7 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

You forgot the stool sample...

Didn't forget, just not sure if that gets sent to the Middletown address, Drumthwacket, or the State House.

1 minute ago, 10X said:

Didn't forget, just not sure if that gets sent to the Middletown address, Drumthwacket, or the State House.

Middletown.  Trenton already smells like shit and I have to Drive by Drumthwacket every day, so I don't want to see or smell that.  TIA.

• Haha 2

On 9/21/2022 at 4:11 PM, Kadayo said:

Just applied in Monroe County PA. Hopefully all goes smooth.

Just received a call form the Monroe County Sheriff's office. They are mailing me a form that has to be signed by my police department and also notarized. Quick action at least. 2 days.

• Informative 1

22 hours ago, RadioGunner said:

anyone applied in a county that issues same day? I’m willing to drive. Centre county? Thinking of making a day trip out of it. 

I've been out there twice. Nice ride and the clerks are super friendly. You should be in and out in about 20 minutes with you PALTC.

anyone applied in a county that issues same day? I’m willing to drive. Centre county? Thinking of making a day trip out of it. 

I've been out there twice. Nice ride and the clerks are super friendly. You should be in and out in about 20 minutes with you PALTC.

I think Perry county is quick too.  They were willing to issue licenses to carry with the NJ firearms id card until the attorney general told them to stop.

22 minutes ago, Mr.G said:

If your application is pending somewhere (waiting for directions or whatever), can you apply to a different county to speed things up?

Probably not. I will assume that it eventually will be known that someone has multiple applications pending which would probably just end up looking suspicious.  Pennsylvania is one of the states with the most licenses  to carry, so it may take some time.  There are some good pro 2A lawyers in Pennsylvania who sue sheriffs who don't follow the state statutes...and they  usually win.

I re-applied for an Arizona license late this year and I am still waiting for it (about a month) but I think that's what it took last time.  I loved being in and out in 20 minutes when in lived in Carbon county, but that was also before the record breaking gun sales and riots of 2020.