Grima Squeakersen

Pennsylvania Non-resident Permit to Carry

On 10/12/2022 at 4:45 PM, Kadayo said:

Update:

Form received on 9/30.  Brought to local PD the same day. Form picked up from local PD on 10/7. Mailed back to Monroe county Sheriff same day and they received it yesterday 10/11. Received a call today from Monroe county sheriff to set up appointment for pickup. 10/27 10:30am. 

Permit picked up today. Photographed, signed and on my way in 5 minutes. 

• Informative 1

9 minutes ago, samiam said:

Any idea whether the PA permit is contingent on maintaining a NJ PtC? Suppose you did not renew NJ in 2 years, would the PA permit remain valid for the full 5 years?

Yes it is. If they find out your NJ permit is expired your PA LTCF will be revoked. Some counties want you to send a copy of the NJ permit when you renew. 

29 minutes ago, samiam said:

Any idea whether the PA permit is contingent on maintaining a NJ PtC? Suppose you did not renew NJ in 2 years, would the PA permit remain valid for the full 5 years?

The smiling lady at the counter said it was good for 5 years and have a nice day. Other than that I'm not sure. If they reach out in 2024 I'll send a copy of my next NJPCF

19 hours ago, RadioGunner said:

Yes it is. If they find out your NJ permit is expired your PA LTCF will be revoked. Some counties want you to send a copy of the NJ permit when you renew. 

Any documentation on that?

19 hours ago, galapoola said:

The smiling lady at the counter said it was good for 5 years and have a nice day. Other than that I'm not sure. If they reach out in 2024 I'll send a copy of my next NJPCF

I had the same experience in DelCo...I doubt that they are goin to follow up with me in 2 years.

47 minutes ago, NorthernYankee said:

Any documentation on that?

York county gave me a letter with it that said as much. I have to find it. They also said they would send a letter and remind me when my NJ permit is about to expire. Other counties may be different. No real big deal. I just snap a pic and send it to them. 

I can confirm that Pike Co. is processing Non Resident LTC.  Here is my experience.

11/1/22        Emailed completed application along with a copy of my NJPTC and drivers license.    Received a return email  about 45 minutes later directing me to call the office to schedule an appointment.  Called and she stated I could stop by on 11/2/2022 between 9am-4pm to complete the process. Informed I would need to show ID and $20 fee (exact change, check or money order)

11/2/22     Arrived at the Pike Co. courthouse this morning at about 915 to complete the process. Sheriff’s office is in the basement of the courthouse. There are no cell phones, smart watches etc. allowed in the courthouse.  Informed the clerk I was here for a LTC, she asked for ID and retrieved my paperwork. Proceeded to take photo, collect fee, then prints and laminates the LTC and I was done.  Total time there was 10 minutes.

So a Non Resident PA LTC obtained in less than 24 hours total.  

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

7 hours ago, Kadayo said:

If only NJ was that simple. 

Rest assured PA is only one election away from becoming NJ. We'll see what goes down with this one next week. Shapiro is almost certainly worse than Murphy, and the Democrats in the legislature will try all the same crap if they get majorities.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Rest assured PA is only one election away from becoming NJ. We'll see what goes down with this one next week. Shapiro is almost certainly worse than Murphy, and the Democrats in the legislature will try all the same crap if they get majorities.

Well we have at least 5 years of freedom in PA. Back in the day PA had reciprocity with FL non-resident permits. Philadelphia gave its citizens a hard time getting permits so many simply went the FL or VA route. When the democrat AG Kathleen Kane came into office she voided many reciprocity agreements, probably at the suggestion of places like Philly. 

1 minute ago, galapoola said:

Well we have had at least 5 years of freedom in PA. Back in the day PA had reciprocity with FL non-resident permits. Philadelphia gave its citizens a hard time getting permits so many simply went the FL or VA route. When the democrat AG Kathleen Kane came into office she voided many reciprocity agreements, probably at the suggestion of places like Philly. 

Fixed that for you. Past yes. Future maybe. And I was there for Kane to remove my FL permit reciprocity.

2 minutes ago, galapoola said:

Ha, grammar police, thanks

Glad you have a sense of humor. Your sentence (I thought) implied we're assured five more years of OK-ness in PA, and I most definitely would not take that for granted. I'm a dual state resident with a PA resident LTCF, and I'm sure if Shapiro and his cronies thought they could get away with it they'd pull the same NJ and NY shit in PA. Just wanted to make that clear.

As for grammar... no law enforcement intended.  

10 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Glad you have a sense of humor. Your sentence (I thought) implied we're assured five more years of OK-ness in PA, and I most definitely would not take that for granted. I'm a dual state resident with a PA resident LTCF, and I'm sure if Shapiro and his cronies thought they could get away with it they'd pull the same NJ and NY shit in PA. Just wanted to make that clear.

As for grammar... no law enforcement intended.  

That is true. Hopefully the legislature holds them in check. They also have true constitutional sheriffs that handle LTCFs. We have sheriffs in NJ but they don't do gun permits. It would be nice if they did. 

1 hour ago, RadioGunner said:

That is true. Hopefully the legislature holds them in check. They also have true constitutional sheriffs that handle LTCFs. We have sheriffs in NJ but they don't do gun permits. It would be nice if they did. 

I think the NJ sheriffs have very limited power by statute. The NJ central power wouldn’t want anyone but themselves in a position to defend the US Constitution.

3 hours ago, galapoola said:

Well we have at least 5 years of freedom in PA. Back in the day PA had reciprocity with FL non-resident permits. Philadelphia gave its citizens a hard time getting permits so many simply went the FL or VA route. When the democrat AG Kathleen Kane came into office she voided many reciprocity agreements, probably at the suggestion of places like Philly. 

Thats why i have UT non resident. Used it to carry in PA. Until she killed it