Grima Squeakersen

Pennsylvania Non-resident Permit to Carry

8 hours ago, RadioGunner said:

Kane was elected with bloomturd money. So you know she had to uphold her end of the bargain. 

Oh, now it all makes sense. When he fronted that Mayors Against Illegal Guns, his members where regularly being arrested. Now the AG’s, if I remember was a George Soros funded push. Same nonsense different day.

Got my PA license through York County

Applied online 11:30 pm Wed nite 11/2 Uploaded NJ driver license and carry permit 

Received email Friday morning 11/4 that application approved and I should set up appointment. 

Drove to York Monday 11/7 and got permit. 

Felt like America

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RadioGunner said:

York county made me sign this 

7E1F3C15-D0E9-4548-AE8E-8AD455C72E9C.jpeg

It appears PA has the same county by county variances as NJ. Delaware county had nothing but the permit to hand out. I’m assuming we all will be renewing our NJ permit in 2024 so this is all moot. Hopefully a reciprocity suit will make it to SCOTUS and all this nonsense goes away.

8 minutes ago, Moutinas said:

It appears PA has the same county by county variances as NJ. Delaware county had nothing but the permit to hand out. I’m assuming we all will be renewing our NJ permit in 2024 so this is all moot. Hopefully a reciprocity suit will make it to SCOTUS and all this nonsense goes away.

Delaware makes your PD sign a form attesting that your NJ permit is unrestricted. Plus they take a while to issue. I don’t mind sending a picture of my NJ PTC by email when I renew it. So that’s why I went to York. I didn’t want to wait. So I’m good. 

Had I known pike was issuing I would have went there and saved the drive but too late now. 

4 minutes ago, RadioGunner said:

Delaware makes your PD sign a form attesting that your NJ permit is unrestricted. Plus they take a while to issue. I don’t mind sending a picture of my NJ PTC by email when I renew it. So that’s why I went to York. I didn’t want to wait. So I’m good. 

Had I known pike was issuing I would have went there and saved the drive but too late now. 

DelCo Didn't have me get a form signed by my PD.

10 hours ago, Moutinas said:

@RadioGunner

NorthernYankee and I were talking about Delaware County in PA, are talking about the state of Delaware?

Delaware county. I was told by some people that they are making them have their PD sign a form. Possibly those who got “see court order” on their permits. 

2 hours ago, RadioGunner said:

Delaware county. I was told by some people that they are making them have their PD sign a form. Possibly those who got “see court order” on their permits. 

Ah, makes sense. Wonder if applying online makes any difference, that’s what I did. They didn’t even ask to see it when I went in to get photographed and pick it up. Just gave them my NJ driver’s license for ID. 

2 minutes ago, Moutinas said:

Ah, makes sense. Wonder if applying online makes any difference, that’s what I did. They didn’t even ask to see it when I went in to get photographed and pick it up. Just gave them my NJ driver’s license for ID. 

They may have rescinded that requirement since all NJ permits are now unrestricted (except for the guns on the permit and must carry court order)

2 hours ago, RadioGunner said:

Each county has their own rules. For example, if you go to the Monroe County site and download the application, the instructions say you need a notarized signature and a local PD sign off.

I abandoned that and instead decided on Pike County. Applied online and they even accepted a digital signature on my PDF. The next morning they emailed me and we arranged to pick up my permit next Tuesday since they were booked this week. Easy peasy.

2 hours ago, g17owner said:

Each county has their own rules. For example, if you go to the Monroe County site and download the application, the instructions say you need a notarized signature and a local PD sign off.

I abandoned that and instead decided on Pike County. Applied online and they even accepted a digital signature on my PDF. The next morning they emailed me and we arranged to pick up my permit next Tuesday since they were booked this week. Easy peasy.

To an extent they can have their own rules. The process has to be relatively uniform. The form is the same for example. They have 45 days to investigate and issue or deny. 

19 minutes ago, RadioGunner said:

To an extent they can have their own rules. The process has to be relatively uniform. The form is the same for example. They have 45 days to investigate and issue or deny. 

Monroe and Pike had different forms. Additionally, Pike had a form you could type in, Monroe you need to fill it out by hand OR figure out how to type into a PDF.

35 minutes ago, g17owner said:

Monroe and Pike had different forms. Additionally, Pike had a form you could type in, Monroe you need to fill it out by hand OR figure out how to type into a PDF.

Monroe and Pike use the same form, SP 4-127. This is prescribed by the AG and PSP. Fill by hand or fillable, doesn’t matter. Same form, same information. 

Counties cannot make up their own firearms rules. The law is uniform statewide. This is how Philly gets into trouble for trying to add more restrictions than state law allows. 

• Like 1

I applied to Adams County, online, last Friday. I received an email on this past Wednesday to the effect that my application was approved for a non-resident carry permit. I had hoped to pick it up tomorrow as I am going to Gettysburg for the weekend. The problem is you need to make an appointment. The first available appointment is in early December. I called the Sheriff's office to see if they would take a walk in on this Friday. The answer was no. I then inquired as to how long they would hold the permit. They answered until I picked it up. I explained it might be 3-4 months before I'm in Gettysburg again. They didn't seem to have a problem with my timing.

Own property in NJ & Pike Co and for a short while was able to legally use New Hampshire Non-Res LTC ...that was eliminated and had to stop. Always looked around to see what I could do but, Pa law was I needed to show home state LTC to apply, which was impossible at the time. Couple weeks ago went on Pike Co Sheriff website and saw that they now offered LTC to dual residents and non residents with home state LTC. Filled out application on-line, uploaded DL and tax bills, was contacted that afternoon to call and make appt. First avail was 3 days later. It took 10 min at the office (Milford ,Pa) to show DL, get picture taken, and pay 20$. Walked out with a resident LTC. More respectful, friendly, they couldn't have been...I'd say if your close, Pike Sheriff is the agency to use. (no cell phones or smart watches in bldg, leave in car) You'll go thru a scanner, and your pocket contents go thru a belt scanner like airport. Hope this helped. Carry on.

• Informative 2

1 hour ago, NJ2AMBR said:

Couple weeks ago went on Pike Co Sheriff website and saw that they now offered LTC to dual residents and non residents with home state LTC.

Does your Pike Co. property have a residence on it in which you periodically reside? I don't believe just owning land in PA fits the definition of 'resident'.

If that were true I would have gotten my PA LTCF in 1988.

I do   

I haven't seen it on the app process before this and have owned for more than decade..... 

here's the line from the website

7.) DUAL RESIDENTS WILL NEED TO ATTACH A COPY OF DOCUMENTS SHOWING YOUR RESIDENCY IN PIKE COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA. (I.E. REAL ESTATE TAX BILL ETC.

you could apply and see or you could call. I did and, a  nice lady, was very helpful

hope this helped , Carry on

17 minutes ago, NJ2AMBR said:

hope this helped , Carry on

Thanks. We've had a house in PA where we go fairly frequently and our resident LTCFs since 2018. Enjoy your permit.

Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something. Just owning a piece of land in PA doesn't make you a resident.

Gee, not really sure what the criteria is based on...house?....post office record? ..,.... .... if they are asking you to show you have a county real estate/school tax bill/ picture ID ....and you can.. thinking it is worth, at minimum , a look into.  - hope this helped, Carry on

Applied in Luzerne county right after I received my NJ permit in August, was approved in 3 days but the appointment schedule was out till next year.  Finally found a day next week appointment available  (DEC) I can go get picture and pick up.  Applied there since I own a house there and my original PA permit 20 years ago was from that county as well.  Some counties you have to schedule appointments to pickup while others you can walk in.

Update on my Pa permit, picked it up yesterday in Luzerne county - just showed license and NJ CC permit - asked to see my court order just to verify there was no other restrictions on there except types of weapons.  Said I can carry whatever I own while in PA and permit is good for 5 years.  

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Update on my Pa permit, picked it up yesterday in Luzerne county - just showed license and NJ CC permit - asked to see my court order just to verify there was no other restrictions on there except types of weapons.  Said I can carry whatever I own while in PA and permit is good for 5 years.  

It was rather refreshing, wasn't it? I know how I felt when I got mine.

Just called Lehigh to see if they issue Non-Resident LTC and they do.  You just stop in (before 3pm) and hand them the form (or fill it out there), show them your NJ ID and NJ CCW, pay $20.  They will take pics there.  They then mail you your LTC in 3 weeks if approved.  

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, ESB said:

Can and admin fix the title of this thread so it can be searched and found.  Lots of good info in this thread that should not be deleted.  

I don't know what the original title was - I just changed it to Pennsylvania Non-resident Permit to Carry   ... 

If that's the improper label... let me know and I'll revise it. Thank you! 

• Like 2