BlueOrbit

County by County?

Greetings....

Haven't seen anyone mention this:

When qualifying, and filling out PTC paperwork, it asks for gun you intend to carry. Some counties giving court order saying "this gun only". Other counties just putting qualify guns on back with "no restrictions" with nothing stating you can only carry the one printed.. everyone (classes, Instructor, etc) says "can only carry this", but yet, the 2c title states the permit is good for all guns owned by permit owner. 

What is the consensus on this? I feel like they have 2 laws contradicting each other. 

5 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

Greetings....

Haven't seen anyone mention this:

When qualifying, and filling out PTC paperwork, it asks for gun you intend to carry. Some counties giving court order saying "this gun only". Other counties just putting qualify guns on back with "no restrictions" with nothing stating you can only carry the one printed.. everyone (classes, Instructor, etc) says "can only carry this", but yet, the 2c title states the permit is good for all guns owned by permit owner. 

What is the consensus on this? I feel like they have 2 laws contradicting each other. 

There are two laws. One says you can carry any guns.  The other says the judge can limit what you can carry.   see this: https://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/104150-nj-handgun-carry-permit-application-experience/&do=findComment&comment=1405818

On 9/13/2022 at 9:24 AM, 45Doll said:

As usual New Jersey can't do anything sensibly.

On the permit image above (and others posted) the statements of fact seem to be:

1. Your permit is Unrestricted. (The box is checked.)

2. You qualified with a S&W, Ruger, and Bersa. (How nice. But the 'See Below' box is not checked.)

Nowhere does it say you may only carry the firearms listed. And the statute says your permit is valid for any firearm you legally own.

I'm sure the only reason I read this that way is because I am not a lawyer. Or a member of NJ court apparatus.

The 2C says carry anything. Courts trying to say otherwise...... 

2C:58-4 Permits to carry handguns

2C:58-4. a. Scope and duration of authority. Any person who holds a valid permit to carry a handgun issued pursuant to this section shall be authorized to carry a handgun in all parts of this State, except as prohibited by subsection e. of N.J.S.2C:39-5. One permit shall be sufficient for all handguns owned by the holder thereof, but the permit shall apply only to a handgun carried by the actual and legal holder of the permit.

The best part about this whole thing is Ocean county says you can not have your gun on you while driving in your car??? But if you live in say Morris county and you have no restrictions, you can drive down to ocean county and have your gun on your hip in your car while the people that live in that county can not. And yet some judges are spitting the permits out and others “need more direction” 

Edited by rockchef1

4 hours ago, rockchef1 said:

The best part about this whole thing is Ocean county says you can not have your gun on you while driving in your car??? But if you live in say Morris county and you have no restrictions, you can drive down to ocean county and have your gun on your hip in your car while the people that live in that county can not. And yet some judges are spitting the permits out and others “need more direction” 

Yup.

It's a bit absurd right now.

I primarily live in Morris county but I also have a house in Ocean, so i'm there frequently.  Could make for an interesting conversation with LEO...

1 hour ago, 124gr9mm said:

Yup.

It's a bit absurd right now.

I primarily live in Morris county but I also have a house in Ocean, so i'm there frequently.  Could make for an interesting conversation with LEO...

NJ is not a duty to inform state - keep it concealed, keep it quiet... 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

18 hours ago, rockchef1 said:

That is one of the reasons Bruen overturned NY permit scheme. My Fulton Co permit is good for full unrestricted carry in any county except the 5 boroughs.

The poor folks in Westchester or Nassau were only issued sportsman's or premises permits unless they were one of the "more equal animals"

Edit - Sussex County is finally Green - haven't updated the graphic yet.  Was just told Sussex just approved some permits.  Camden may be Yellow - only 1 permit shown as approved.

Updated 9/30/22. HG = Handgun
Green = County has issued Permits
Red = County has NOT issued Permits
Yellow = County has issued at least 1 permit but there are other issues (see list below)

• Atlantic County - No (Court Delay)
  • Bergen County - Yes (HGs listed, Unrestricted checked)
  • Burlington County - Yes (Court Order w/ Arbitrary Restrictions)
  • Camden County - Yes (Unrestricted but limited to HG on Court Order)
  • Cape May County - No (First hearings begin Early Oct)
  • Cumberland County - Yes (No restrictions)
  • Essex County - No (PD/Court Delays)
  • Gloucester County - Yes (In person court appearance, Restricted by HG)
  • Hudson County - Yes (Restricted by HG)
  • Hunterdon County - Yes (Unrestricted but limited to HG on Court Order)
  • Mercer County - No (Court Delay)
  • Middlesex County - No (Court Delay - Judge Absence?)
  • Monmouth County - Yes - 1 (Special case from FPC Lawsuit - Restricted by HG + Additional restrictions) - Court Delays/Additional Investigations on new applications
  • Morris County - Yes (Restricted by HG)
  • Ocean County - Yes (May be Restricted - with extreme restrictions including Car Carry)
  • Passaic County - Yes (Restricted by HG)
  • Salem County - Yes (Unrestricted)
  • Somerset County - No (Court delays)
  • Sussex County - No (Court Delay)
  • Union County - Yes (Unrestricted)
  • Warren County - Yes (Unrestricted) - Some permits issued but now court is delaying

NJ Counties 9-30-22.png

• Informative 2

8 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Edit - Sussex County is finally Green - haven't updated the graphic yet.  Was just told Sussex just approved some permits.  Camden may be Yellow - only 1 permit shown as approved.

Updated 9/30/22. HG = Handgun
Yellow = County has issued at least 1 permit but there are other issues (see list below)

• Atlantic County - No (Court Delay)
  • Bergen County - Yes (HGs listed, Unrestricted checked)
  • Burlington County - Yes (Court Order w/ Arbitrary Restrictions)
  • Camden County - Yes (Unrestricted but limited to HG on Court Order)
  • Cape May County - No (First hearings begin Early Oct)
  • Cumberland County - Yes (No restrictions)
  • Essex County - No (PD/Court Delays)
  • Mercer County - No (Court Delay)
  • Middlesex County - No (Court Delay - Judge Absence?)
  • Monmouth County - Yes - 1 (Special case from FPC Lawsuit - Restricted by HG + Additional restrictions) - Court Delays/Additional Investigations on new applications
  • Morris County - Yes (Restricted by HG)
  • Ocean County - Yes (May be Restricted - with extreme restrictions including Car Carry)
  • Passaic County - Yes (Restricted by HG)
  • Sussex County - No (Court Delay)
  • Warren County - Yes (Unrestricted) - Some permits issued but now court is delaying

NJ Counties 9-30-22.png

I know of ONE CamCo permit. It was no restrictions, with no court order. Just had qual gun on back.

7 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

I know of ONE CamCo permit. It was no restrictions, with no court order. Just had qual gun on back.

That's what I saw on the NJ Firearms Syndicate page but nobody in the Camden County CCW group has gotten theirs yet and they see no movement - The clerk was saying nothing too so all we have is that 1 permit which may be for a security guard...

Just now, Krdshrk said:

That's what I saw on the NJ Firearms Syndicate page but nobody in the Camden County CCW group has gotten theirs yet and they see no movement - The clerk was saying nothing too so all we have is that 1 permit which may be for a security guard...

My info was a friend of a friend, who showed a photo of it. rumor is, it was just the 1....as a "test". Was signed by Judge McBride.  I also have been told by inside source, that as of last week, Judge did have a stack delivered to him. 

21 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

My info was a friend of a friend, who showed a photo of it. rumor is, it was just the 1....as a "test". Was signed by Judge McBride.  I also have been told by inside source, that as of last week, Judge did have a stack delivered to him. 

Ok - I'm fine with that - however if they stopped approving after the one they go Yellow until we get confirmation that the county court is moving forward again - just like Warren...  Just because they get a stack of apps delivered doesn't mean they're approving :)

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Ok - I'm fine with that - however if they stopped approving after the one they go Yellow until we get confirmation that the county court is moving forward again - just like Warren...  Just because they get a stack of apps delivered doesn't mean they're approving :)

If i hear anything, ill def let you know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

They also just approved their first permits (Vernon Twp).  

Nice! I actually talked to a sergeant today at the Sussex barracks, he had a couple question about my application. He had said they got a new judge that’s working on them and they should be sending them out soon finally. 

As of today Mercer, Atlantic, Cape May ,Middlesex and my home county of Somerset have yet to issue a single carry permit.  From what I can tell the process is at a standstill. A few of my friends have filed in July and its now October; over 90 days pending. How long can this continue before legal action comes into play?  I wish ANJRPC  would step in.

• FacePalm 1

Just saw on Facebook, Ocean County has a new judge for permit approvals, Judge Gizinski will apparently handle the denials form the report. Trying to clarify the meaning of all this for ones like me with her restrictions. If anyone hears please post.

On 10/7/2022 at 1:51 PM, LeaveNJ said:

For Bergen County, anyone happen to know what docket # they are up to now?  It will be in the form of GP-BER-####-22.  The court clerk says she's not aware of what number they are up to, and that apps are being processed.  

1 hour ago, LeaveNJ said:

A follow up to my last post.  I received an email today from the judge’s clerk in Bergen County that my court hearing is in two days on Thursday.  I’ll keep you guys and gals posted.  

Was listening to Nappen's latest episode this morning.  Anything more than having to pick up your permit at the court might be cause for concern.

https://gun.lawyer/episode-102-warning-warning-warning-nj-ccw/

Updated 10/12/22. HG = Handgun

• Atlantic County - Yes (Unrestricted, HGs Listed)
  • Bergen County - Yes (Unrestricted, HGs Listed)
  • Burlington County - Yes (Unrestricted, HGs Listed)
  • Camden County - Yes (Unrestricted but limited to HG on Court Order)
  • Cape May County - Yes (Unrestricted)
  • Cumberland County - Yes (Unrestricted)
  • Essex County - No (PD/Court Delays - 2 Judges/Clerks just assigned)
  • Mercer County - Yes (Unrestricted, HGs Listed)
  • Middlesex County - Yes (Unrestricted - Must carry 2 pg Court Order)
  • Morris County - Yes (Unrestricted, HGs Listed)
  • Passaic County - Yes (In person court appearance, Unrestricted, HGs Listed)
  • Sussex County - Yes (Unrestricted, HGs Listed)

NJ Counties 10-12-22.png

• Like 1

This is just bull shit! Seems they assigned anti-gun uber lib judges that know damn well they are violating SCOTUS and the 2a. Seem everything is a narrow Black/White with a HUUUUUUGE gray area in the middle. coming out of a bar is perhaps the most likely place you would possible need your firearm.

the Ocean County  they also seem to expect you to carry your permit and this approval letter

c10.thumb.jpg.cc49282c77e2e3735eeeba6ce595cecc.jpg

9 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

This is just bull shit! Seems they assigned anti-gun uber lib judges that know damn well they are violating SCOTUS and the 2a. Seem everything is a narrow Black/White with a HUUUUUUGE gray area in the middle. coming out of a bar is perhaps the most likely place you would possible need your firearm.

the Ocean County  they also seem to expect you to carry your permit and this approval letter

c10.thumb.jpg.cc49282c77e2e3735eeeba6ce595cecc.jpg

Seems unconstitutional to me. Scotus says you can carry. County says... Ehhh

12 hours ago, Downtownv said:

This is just bull shit! Seems they assigned anti-gun uber lib judges that know damn well they are violating SCOTUS and the 2a.

I was at my LGS yesterday.  They informed me that the lib judge assigned to do permits here in Mercer was refusing to sign permits.  That judge has been replaced with a Christie appointed judge and allegedly permits are starting to come out.  No other info than that.