BlueOrbit

County by County?

5 minutes ago, GodStrength said:

I applied July 19th, here we are November 17th and still deprived of my right. Btw, Hamilton PD only took 30 days before mailing it to the court.

I applied about a month after you and had the same time with Ham PD.

After all the expenses- identigo, the certifications, fees, etc we are being scammed. They are sitting on this until the asm bill gets passed, rendering your carry permit, rather useless. Remember once a bill is passed, regardless of the legality of it and until it is overturned,  its law! This is the NJ game that has been played here for decades.

Racist basturd, He certainly doesn't want black folks having any guns!

• Agree 1

On 11/17/2022 at 1:02 PM, bennj said:

Interesting, I applied less than a week after Xtors and didn't get the call for the money order until the 49th day, not sure how long after that is was sent to court but my MO was cashed 10/27.

I’m approaching day 60 and still haven’t been told I can hand in my money order at Hamilton.

1 hour ago, Tariq said:

I’m approaching day 60 and still haven’t been told I can hand in my money order at Hamilton.

Did you call the firearms unit? The woman who works there is usually pretty easy to work with.

I will be calling the court this week, most likely followed by an email to the strike force.

I called end of September, was told "we'll call you", got the call for the money order about a week later. I know I sound like a broken record, but is there any proof of permits (other than the first possible few) being issued through Mercer? Without it, I'm led to believe that Mercer  hasn't issued any since. 

42 minutes ago, bennj said:

I called end of September, was told "we'll call you", got the call for the money order about a week later. I know I sound like a broken record, but is there any proof of permits (other than the first possible few) being issued through Mercer? Without it, I'm led to believe that Mercer  hasn't issued any since. 

I suggest you join the Mercer County CCW group on Facebook and see - I'm not a member so I can't tell.  

4 hours ago, GodStrength said:

It is interesting to see several people stating they were called for a money order. I submitted my application with every requirement including the $50 money order.

What township are you in? Hamilton takes the money order after they are done their part.

In general I agree with @bennj in that it sure seems like things have ground to a halt in Mercer.

Thanks for your suggestion Krdshrk, but I'm not on Facebook or Twitter. I do check out the NJ Gun forum on Reddit since I don't need to sign in. GodStrength, I think the purpose of Hamilton Twp. not taking a MO right away is if the application isn't approved by PD you are not stuck with the MO.

1 hour ago, Xtors said:

In general I agree with @bennj in that it sure seems like things have ground to a halt in Mercer.

Here in Mercer, things got off to a slow start as the judge that originally had permit review / issuance stated that he wanted no part of giving us serfs permits.  He's since been relieved of that duty and replaced with a Christie-appointed judge.

44 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Here in Mercer, things got off to a slow start as the judge that originally had permit review / issuance stated that he wanted no part of giving us serfs permits.  He's since been relieved of that duty and replaced with a Christie-appointed judge.

Yes, but it seems like since then not much is going on. GodStrength is ahead of me by a month roughly and nothing...

1 minute ago, GodStrength said:

I'm from Hamilton, NJ. I initially submitted everything including money order. Perhaps they changed their process after my July 19th submission.

That could certainly explain it.

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

A slow start is an understatement. As of today, my application has been at the Mercer County Court for 94 days. Furthermore, I was informed there is no expected ETA.

• FacePalm 1

18 minutes ago, GodStrength said:

A slow start is an understatement. As of today, my application has been at the Mercer County Court for 94 days. Furthermore, I was informed there is no expected ETA.

Have you or anyone else you may know spoken with Strike Force to try to put some legal pressure on the courts?

I need to register with them before Emailing Strikeforce. There’s no way Mercer County is regularly issuing permits. The numbers at face value suggest they either haven’t started or only sign 1-3 permits a week. I was informed my permit number is 58. The court received my application and forwarded it to the judge 94 days ago. In short, in three months they processed less than 58 permits.

• Informative 1

I spoke to the judge’s clerk. He said he was in the process of sending my application along with many others to the prosecutor’s office. He suggested once the prosecutor reviews the application, it is returned to him. After the prosecutor returns the application to him, the judge will stamp it and mail the permit back to the PD. What didn’t make sense was when he stated the process is pretty straightforward after they receive the application back from the prosecutor. After the prosecutor confirms the paperwork is good, the judge signs the permit and mails it. He said since the PD has already given their approval, he stamps it and moves it along after the prosecutorial review, WHICH IS NOT A REQUIREMENT!

What really doesn't make sense is that applications have been just sitting there piling up without anyone doing anything with them for the past several months. Prosecutor to judge to prosecutor to PD? Don't mean to be so cynical, but sounds like a lot of malarkey to me. 

1 minute ago, bennj said:

What really doesn't make sense is that applications have been just sitting there piling up without anyone doing anything with them for the past several months. Prosecutor to judge to prosecutor to PD? Sounds like a lot of malarkey to me. 

"They" don't want you to be able to legally carry, so "they" do whatever they can to delay issuance.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, samiam said:

Doesn't appear that reassigning PtC approvals to a "Christie appointed judge" has accomplished much on behalf of the Mercer county applicants, does it? :B:):

Sure seems that way. 

Cumberland County is still rolling smooth.  25 more issued yesterday.    25 more going to the judge this Thursday.      A prosecutor is always in court when permits are issued by the judge.

Turn around time for PA permit was 27 days for me in Delaware county PA. Received notice from Sheriffs office this afternoon to come pickup PA permit.

Just now, kirk2022 said:

Cumberland County is still rolling smooth.  25 more issued yesterday.    25 more going to the judge this Thursday.      A prosecutor is always in court when permits are issued by the judge.

Turn around time for PA permit was 27 days for me in Delaware county PA. Received notice from Sheriffs office this afternoon to come pickup PA permit.

Yup. Just got approved yesterday for an unrestricted permit. Waiting for the PD to have it ready.

5 hours ago, GodStrength said:

I spoke to the judge’s clerk. He said he was in the process of sending my application along with many others to the prosecutor’s office. He suggested once the prosecutor reviews the application, it is returned to him. After the prosecutor returns the application to him, the judge will stamp it and mail the permit back to the PD. What didn’t make sense was when he stated the process is pretty straightforward after they receive the application back from the prosecutor. After the prosecutor confirms the paperwork is good, the judge signs the permit and mails it. He said since the PD has already given their approval, he stamps it and moves it along after the prosecutorial review, WHICH IS NOT A REQUIREMENT!

Was this your second call? After you posted the clerk's # (several post back)  I tried a few days later and it just kept bouncing to voice mail. I’m looking at 140 days in total and probably 80 days (+ or -) at the county depending on the mail system.  You know they didn’t accomplish anything last week expect maybe a couple of office parties

1 hour ago, brucin said:

No it's a deliberate obstruction of a civil right.

Speaking of which, I spent some time today talking to a lawyer about this whole situation and he shared the following. You’re absolutely right, some judges are intentionally dragging their feet on the process but for more than one reason. At the end of the day it’s really just a hope that it will discourage people from applying or to retract their application and wait to apply when the new bill is passed in which they will be removed from the process. However, if you’ve already submitted your application and you don’t retract it, even after the bill is passed you will still have to get approval from the judge.  Now if you do decide to retract it and resubmit it, there’s no guarantee that the time line will be faster because essentially you will be placed back in the queue and the new bill now gives 90 days for approval but also gives a possible extension of another 30 days if it’s requested. So essentially you have to make a choice as to what you feel might be the “quicker” option.  It could be that the judges once the bill is passed will quickly try to get rid of the applications that they have or they can drag their feet and rely on the fact that they’re understaffed. Or, you can go with the new process, pay the extra fees and redo the application with its additional requirements and hope that it will be at least processed quicker. Either way we lose.

1 hour ago, kirk2022 said:

Millville PD time to pickup is 3 days

From the people i know who got them in Vineland, they had their court dates on a Thursday and by monday the police called them. However I'm unsure what my wait time will be like seeing how i had my court date on a Monday. Hopefully i get a call tomorrow.