BlueOrbit

County by County?

21 minutes ago, Chad-williams said:

From the people i know who got them in Vineland, they had their court dates on a Thursday and by monday the police called them. However I'm unsure what my wait time will be like seeing how i had my court date on a Monday. Hopefully i get a call tomorrow.

You will more than likely have it this week.     Let me know your number if you would, when you get it.     FYI when folded in half your LTC will still be an odd size, especially after you laminate it.   its a bad size for wallet carry.

4 hours ago, M1152 said:

Was this your second call? After you posted the clerk's # (several post back)  I tried a few days later and it just kept bouncing to voice mail. I’m looking at 140 days in total and probably 80 days (+ or -) at the county depending on the mail system.  You know they didn’t accomplish anything last week expect maybe a couple of office parties

The phone call I recently referred to was from today. I tried calling yesterday and early last week but kept getting voicemail. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, samiam said:

Doesn't appear that reassigning PtC approvals to a "Christie appointed judge" has accomplished much on behalf of the Mercer county applicants, does it? :B:):

I don't know, but I will snoop around and find out.  Of course that means a trip to my LGS, so that will cost me some $$$. :icon_lol:

13 hours ago, kirk2022 said:

FYI when folded in half your LTC will still be an odd size, especially after you laminate it.   it’s a bad size for wallet carry.

On top of all the other bullshit NJ puts you guys through, this sticks in my craw… I find this to be insult to injury to LTC holders. There is ZERO reason NJ can’t make your permit the same size as your damn drivers license. 

What a bunch of assholes. 

14 hours ago, GodStrength said:

The phone call I recently referred to was from today. I tried calling yesterday and early last week but kept getting voicemail. 

Please keep us informed of your progress as you seem to be the closest of anyone that I see posting in Mercer County.

• Agree 1

On 11/1/2022 at 7:19 PM, brucin said:

Does anyone have any info out of Morris Co? I read a few members were issued early on but nothing but cricket's since.

According to Denville PD they have not received any back from the courts yet.

Currently at day 71 and I don't know if it has been sent to the courts yet.

I was on here looking for the same question... I applied aug 31 and my friend applied in early/mid august. He got his back at around 6 weeks.  No word on mine yet and the town said the courthouse was now running around 3 months due to backlog. Crazy how in 2 weeks difference he got his months ago yet I am still waiting.

11 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

On top of all the other bullshit NJ puts you guys through, this sticks in my craw… I find this to be insult to injury to LTC holders. There is ZERO reason NJ can’t make your permit the same size as your damn drivers license. 

What a bunch of assholes. 

Copy/shrink it then laminate it. 

2 minutes ago, bikesnbullets said:

Copy/shrink it then laminate it. 

Not the point. NJ can make the LTC a convenient thing to carry in your wallet. 

It’s not fucking difficult. And frankly, it’s an insult to the good people of NJ who have already jumped through a myriad of hurdles to get a LTC. 

Just now, Displaced Texan said:

Not the point. NJ can make the LTC a convenient thing to carry in your wallet. 

It’s not fucking difficult. And frankly, it’s an insult to the good people of NJ. 

I completely agree. I wonder if the permits they’re issuing now are a newly created format or the same as previously issued. 

1 minute ago, bikesnbullets said:

I completely agree. I wonder if the permits they’re issuing now are a newly created format or the same as previously issued. 

My Texas LTC is exactly the same size as my drivers license. 

There is ZERO reason that NJ makes your LTC a lager size, other than to make it difficult for you. 

For Hamilton/Mercer peeps ( @GodStrength @bennj), I just spoke to the court clerk, who was very nice. My references were never contacted, which I knew, so the court is sending a note back to the township to see if it was done, and if not, to do it. On the plus side he said, "other than that you are good to go." What that means time-wise once the township corrects their mistake is anyone's guess.

FWIW, this also just happened to my father in Burlington County. Incompetence? Intentional?

• Informative 1

Hamilton PD called me today. They sent my application back to the PD because they did not call my three references. He contacted my references this morning. Now I don't know what to expect. He assured me he is taking care of it today. Hopefully, I don't get placed at the bottom of the pile back at the court house. If so, I'm looking at nearly 200 days cumulative.

• FacePalm 1

Just now, GodStrength said:

Hamilton PD called me today. They sent my application back to the PD because they did not call my three references. He contacted my references this morning. Now I don't know what to expect. He assured him he is taking care of it today. Hopefully, I don't get placed at the bottom of the pile back at the court house. If so, I'm looking at nearly 200 days cumulative.

Your timing is impeccable! (See the post above yours)

2 minutes ago, Xtors said:

For Hamilton/Mercer peeps ( @GodStrength @bennj), I just spoke to the court clerk, who was very nice. My references were never contacted, which I knew, so the court is sending a note back to the township to see if it was done, and if not, to do it. On the plus side he said, "other than that you are good to go." What that means time-wise once the township corrects their mistake is anyone's guess.

FWIW, this also just happened to my father in Burlington County. Incompetence? Intentional?

Where in BurlCo is your father?

Just now, GodStrength said:

I was just writing another message to state we were both typing our message at the same time. Based on what you shared, they did not send back the entire application, rather notified the PD of the court's concern?

He said they weren't sending back the entire application and that they needed HTPD to let them know if they contacted the references, and, if not, to let them know when it was done.  It wasn't entirely clear on how they would be doing it but he did say there was a whole bunch of applications in this same situation. Also, it sounded like someone else in the court would be handling notifying HTPD. I will pass along any updates I am lucky enough to get.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

10 minutes ago, Xtors said:

He said they weren't sending back the entire application and that they needed HTPD to let them know if they contacted the references, and, if not, to let them know when it was done.  It wasn't entirely clear on how they would be doing it but he did say there was a whole bunch of applications in this same situation. Also, it sounded like someone else in the court would be handling notifying HTPD. I will pass along any updates I am lucky enough to get.

HTPD was most likely notified of your situation too. The detective that called me this morning was polite, however sounded a bit agitated over the new requirement, which previously was not required. They never had to call before. This is just one way the courts figured they would delay the process. It's pointless to have the investigative agency call the references and ask the same question they already answered and signed on paper.

19 minutes ago, GodStrength said:

HTPD was most likely notified of your situation too. The detective that called me this morning was polite, however sounded a bit agitated over the new requirement, which previously was not required. They never had to call before. This is just one way the courts figured they would delay the process. It's pointless to have the investigative agency call the references and ask the same question they already answered and signed on paper.

Yeah, since my application hasn’t even left HTPD, I would be hopeful to get my permit sometime early next year.

26 minutes ago, GodStrength said:

So far no calls but I am also wondering if they might sign off based on recent P2Ps, on which I had two of the same references I put on the PTC application. I have made me references aware of the situation and if I don't hear anything mid-next week I'll contact the township.

1 minute ago, Xtors said:

So far no calls but I am also wondering if they might sign off based on recent P2Ps, on which I had two of the same references I put on the PTC application. I have made me references aware of the situation and if I don't hear anything mid-next week I'll contact the township.

That would make too much sense for a government entity to do.

11 hours ago, GodStrength said:

It sure seems like Mercer is trying to run out the clock. How many people posted here that had their permits approved from other counties that didn’t have the references contacted. I recall seeing a few. As posted above Burlington is running the same delay tactic and one reply on Reddit put it best, see below:

There is no need for references to be contacted. The application itself has references attest to the same questions.

Unlike past pistol, purchase permits, or FID cards, the reference letters, ask questions there, and only there.

I wonder how consistent Mercer is or was with this policy and were all the other permits that were approved by mercer held to this  requirement?  On Monday 12/05 I'll be looking at 144 days and no end in site. I was never good at predictions but if this don't get resolved by Dec 16th with the holidays rolling up and local gov vacation times I could see this easily dragging into January and maybe beyond

I'm  in Gloucester county i submitted my completed  app to my PD on September 26  .The PD contacted me November 8th and ssid i was  Approved  and it was  sent to the superior  court in Woodbury i was able to leave a voicemail  with the Judges  secretary  last  week  and she called  back the next day she then informed  me that she  received  my app on the 14th but due to current backlog  she wouldn't  be contacting  me till probably end of January  was  her estimation  for a February  or Early  March  hearing also  said it would  be by email  and she verified  my correct email i must add she was  very nice and courteous  with me .