BlueOrbit

County by County?

13 minutes ago, Xtors said:

That's not encouraging. Any idea if 75's app got kicked back to the township for references?

No clue.  Mercer originally had an obstructive judge assigned to do permits.  He flat out refused to issue to us common peons.  He's since been replaced by a Christie-appointed judge.

No restrictions except for handguns listed on application. The only caveat, they didn’t put the guns or serial numbers on the card, instead they put it on the court order which needs to be carried with the permit. Since it only states copy of the court order, I will use a digital copy saved on my phone. 

4 minutes ago, GodStrength said:

No restrictions except for handguns listed on application. The only caveat, they didn’t put the guns or serial numbers on the card, instead they put it on the court order which needs to be carried with the permit. Since it only states copy of the court order, I will use a digital copy saved on my phone. 

What was the total time from start to finish?

48 minutes ago, GodStrength said:

Thanks for the update. Any word on adding additional guns?

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 9:17 PM, Tariq said:

What was the total time from start to finish?

Sorry I dropped off the forum before answering any follow-up questions. I applied on July 19th and got fingerprinted July 26th. Hamilton PD processed my application and mailed it to the court within ~30 days (August 23rd) . The court house received the application and sent it to the judge on August 26th. My money order was cashed September 7th. The application remained in limbo until December. I picked it up on December 15th. The permit has an issue date of December 8th.

On 12/15/2022 at 10:01 PM, Xtors said:

Thanks for the update. Any word on adding additional guns?

No I did not ask. Interesting thing I recently found out, you can carry more than one gun on your person. I think the recent bill that was passed, limits carry to no more than two guns on your person at one time.

Update from Camden county. Clerk told me today, they are currently working on applications received the week of Thanksgiving. Inside knowledge, I know the courts are pretty much closed until the first of the year. I handed my paperwork into Gloucester township September 19th. I was told November 20th that my paperwork was complete and would be sent to the courts. The clerk told me that got it December 20th. One whole month to send it out. Amazing! Hopefully I see something by end of January. At this point it looks like they are one month behind from time of getting paperwork.

I spoke to Gloucester county superior court clerk this afternoon  she was very nice she received  my application  on November 14th and said I'm  in the next batch  for Feburary  and added  that  since the law change  the Judge is just reviewing  applications  and then we're  notified  to come pick up permit  no more hearings  and no more are going to the courts  it's  all done through  your local PD or NSPB.

1 minute ago, Wrigs4095 said:

I spoke to Gloucester county superior court clerk this afternoon  she was very nice she received  my application  on November 14th and said I'm  in the next batch  for Feburary  and added  that  since the law change  the Judge is just reviewing  applications  and then we're  notified  to come pick up permit  no more hearings  and no more are going to the courts  it's  all done through  your local PD or NSPB.

WTF do we need a Judge involved in ANY of this???????

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Wrigs4095 said:

FEBRUARY?????? What happened to december, & january???

28 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

FEBRUARY?????? What happened to december, & january???

If i recall  correctly  back in November  she did say I'd  be contacted  end of December  or January  for a February  date  she ask me to just  be patient  but yes it's  frustrating  for all of us in all these county's  .

Spoke to the Mercer law clerk 2nd week of December. Told me I was in the 120's and stated they were working on finishing the 80's. Said they completed 40 applications the previous week so with luck I could get it before Christmas, but most likely some time in January. He didn't specify what part of January, or January of what year. Keep the faith ladies and gents, and Happy New Year to all!

• Informative 1

8 hours ago, bennj said:

Spoke to the Mercer law clerk 2nd week of December. Told me I was in the 120's and stated they were working on finishing the 80's. Said they completed 40 applications the previous week so with luck I could get it before Christmas, but most likely some time in January. He didn't specify what part of January, or January of what year. Keep the faith ladies and gents, and Happy New Year to all!

Thanks for the update. I am probably in the same group as you. Should be any day now.

Just spoke with Mercer County Superior Court. The record’s department confirmed that they have my application and it should be sent up at the end of this week. Also spoke to Nicholas, the judge’s law clerk (very nice by the way), he informed that once the judge is back next week they should be essentially rubber stamping the applications because of the new law and currently he has about 40 applications with him and then however many he receives from records this week. So it looks fairly optimistic for those of us in the courts that we will receive ours within the next 60 days.

• Informative 1

I don't even know when mine went to the court, I assume it's at the court since the MO was cashed. Applied via NJSP beginning of Aug. I have the date it went from the Barracks to Trenton and a rough date of when the MO was cashed (less than a week before Bucky signed the carry ban bill) and that's all I know. Monmouth County as well. Should be any way. I live in Monmouth but applied via NJSP in Hamilton, Mercer Co. Total BS.