BlueOrbit

County by County?

1 hour ago, Tariq said:

Just spoke with Mercer County Superior Court. The record’s department confirmed that they have my application and it should be sent up at the end of this week. Also spoke to Nicholas, the judge’s law clerk (very nice by the way), he informed that once the judge is back next week they should be essentially rubber stamping the applications because of the new law and currently he has about 40 applications with him and then however many he receives from records this week. So it looks fairly optimistic for those of us in the courts that we will receive ours within the next 60 days.

I hope that's correct, as noted earlier, I spoke to him also. I may be wrong, but I also seem to recall someone posting many pages back (Oct?), that he was told by the clerk that the Christie judge just stepped in and predicted all applications received prior, would be finished by the end of that month or so. Sometimes I can't help but feel that they're just kicking the can down the road (domani, domani).

13 minutes ago, bennj said:

I hope that's correct, as noted earlier, I spoke to him also. I may be wrong, but I also seem to recall someone posting many pages back (Oct?), that he was told by the clerk that the Christie judge just stepped in and predicted all applications received prior, would be finished by the end of that month or so. Sometimes I can't help but feel that they're just kicking the can down the road (domani, domani).

That was me from a very reliable source.

12 hours ago, Folkmasterflex said:

And also if anyone has seen a judge in passaic county or had to see a judge for thier CCW recently what should i be aware of?

Be courteous, dress well and only answer questions directed to you.  Don't say anything more than necessary.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Folkmasterflex said:

Thanks! And is going in front of a judge because they found something against me? Or is it mandatory for everyone in passaic county?

Under the old law / procedure everyone is the state is supposed to have judicial review.  How that is executed has been a patchwork of procedures state-wide.

Got an email today from the Monmouth County prosecutor's office with an attachment for the judge which states that I appear to be in compliance other than justifiable need which was ruled unconstitutional by NYSRPA v Bruen. 

After 119 days I'm one step closer. lol

They want you to carry a brief case with supporting documentation as well as your ID card, FIDC card, and a gun, cell phone, keys…you’ll never get out of the house in the morning .  They want you to conceal your weapon but carry three sheets of 81/2 x 11 pieces of paper with you.  Can’t make this stuff up

• Haha 1
  • FacePalm 1

For what it’s worth. I talked to Mercer County Superior Court on Friday and confirmed my application was with the judge and I was number 219. I was told that they are now just working to get the permits out and I could possibly expect to have mine signed off on in the next two weeks. We shall see. I won’t get my hopes up too much though ;)

• Informative 1

Just now, Tariq said:

For what it’s worth. I talked to Mercer County Superior Court on Friday and confirmed my application was with the judge and I was number 219. I was told that they are now just working to get the permits out and I could possibly expect to have mine signed off on in the next two weeks. We shall see. I won’t get my hopes up too much though ;)

That's great news! I called there Friday as well and mine was being signed basically right then. Hopefully I get it next week. I also asked about the new law obviating the "only carry with the gun you qual'd with" restriction that was posted earlier in the week from someone in Gloucester County. He said he wasn't sure but said he would look into it. Otherwise I guess I will have to ask the township about adding guns to the list after the fact.

Congrats!  Now I just hope the PD will let us know ASAP when they receive it.

7 minutes ago, Xtors said:

That's great news! I called there Friday as well and mine was being signed basically right then. Hopefully I get it next week. I also asked about the new law obviating the "only carry with the gun you qual'd with" restriction that was posted earlier in the week from someone in Gloucester County. He said he wasn't sure but said he would look into it. Otherwise I guess I will have to ask the township about adding guns to the list after the fact.

Congrats!  Now I just hope the PD will let us know ASAP when they receive it.

15 minutes ago, Xtors said:

I also asked about the new law obviating the "only carry with the gun you qual'd with" restriction that was posted earlier in the week from someone in Gloucester County. He said he wasn't sure but said he would look into it.

This is the 2C law for permits, has been, and I don't think it changed. 

2C:58-4 Permits to carry handguns

2C:58-4. a. Scope and duration of authority. Any person who holds a valid permit to carry a handgun issued pursuant to this section shall be authorized to carry a handgun in all parts of this State, except as prohibited by subsection e. of N.J.S.2C:39-5. One permit shall be sufficient for all handguns owned by the holder thereof, but the permit shall apply only to a handgun carried by the actual and legal holder of the permit.

On 1/13/2023 at 6:32 PM, Cheflife15 said:

How are you guys carrying the accompanying sheets.  I have to have 3 large sheets with me.  I'm debating folding them and laminating them and just cutting it open in the rare occasion someone needs to see it. 

I did several things.

I scanned a PDF copy and saved it to my phone. My phone is almost always with me when I'm 'out', so that will cover me 99% of the time.

I made a reduced sized copy that fits on 1/2 of a standard letter sized page and folded that into a credit card slot in my wallet.

I made a full sized copy and put it in my range bag and one in my truck.

If I'm carrying outside those places then something has gone TERRIBLY wrong so the paperwork will be the least of my issues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

I did several things.

I scanned a PDF copy and saved it to my phone. My phone is almost always with me when I'm 'out', so that will cover me 99% of the time.

I made a reduced sized copy that fits on 1/2 of a standard letter sized page and folded that into a credit card slot in my wallet.

I made a full sized copy and put it in my range bag and one in my truck.

If I'm carrying outside those places then something has gone TERRIBLY wrong so the paperwork will be the least of my issues.

Cool, I wanted to make sure the shrinking down was sufficient. I will probably do all of these as well. Thank you

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

I wanted to make sure the shrinking down was sufficient

Yeah, once I had it scanned it was easy to play around with it on the printer. 

It's not the most glamorous thing in the world, but you can definitely read it.

The order doesn't say what size/form the copy has to be, it just says you have to have a copy :)

13 hours ago, Mike77 said:

This is the 2C law for permits, has been, and I don't think it changed. 

2C:58-4 Permits to carry handguns

2C:58-4. a. Scope and duration of authority. Any person who holds a valid permit to carry a handgun issued pursuant to this section shall be authorized to carry a handgun in all parts of this State, except as prohibited by subsection e. of N.J.S.2C:39-5. One permit shall be sufficient for all handguns owned by the holder thereof, but the permit shall apply only to a handgun carried by the actual and legal holder of the permit.

I am referring to the image below:

unnamed.thumb.jpg.ac5da8086f99e4b075e5cfe62cda1f96.jpg

Turned all my paperwork into local PD on 09-23-22. Still haven't heard a word from anyone! I hear the court calls you to pick up your permit, now I hear they send the permits back to the PD. Just don't know what to believe now. A few people I know received their permits recently at the courthouse. does anyone know what the actual status is today? Are we still waiting for the court to call or are they sending the signed permits back to the PDs? Can someone update me on the Passaic County time frame and process?

4 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Turned all my paperwork into local PD on 09-23-22. Still haven't heard a word from anyone! I hear the court calls you to pick up your permit, now I hear they send the permits back to the PD. Just don't know what to believe now. A few people I know received their permits recently at the courthouse. does anyone know what the actual status is today? Are we still waiting for the court to call or are they sending the signed permits back to the PDs? Can someone update me on the Passaic County time frame and process?

If you started the process with your local PD I would recommend calling them first.  Ask them if/when they sent the application to the court.

From there (or instead) call the superior court and ask them for an update.

Contacted the court they told me all is being handled and issued through local PD. Went there and was told they are awaiting guidance and that they have no blank permits to issue etc. I applied late September and now it just sits at the local PD. Unbelievable. I believe the state is doing everything possible to confuse and discourage people from obtaining permits to carry. Now every PD will be handling it differently etc. Just more confusion etc. I expect this to take another several months etc. This is in Passaic County. The PDs are swamped with applications etc. Applications after 12/22 will need four references who the police have to contact. Can you imagine them making all these contacts and in some departments it will number in the thousands this after the references signed and attested to your character etc. This is just another roadblock the state is doing to not issue permits. 

This is ludicrous  yours  should be at the court and dealt with  by them .I submitted  my app to PD 9-26-22 it was  vetted and approved  on 11-7-22 Gloucester  county court recieved  on 11-14-22 I've  been  in contact  with the clerk s couple  times yes there  is a backlog but there handling everyone that they got prior  to Murphy's  signing  of A4769 ,anything  after  that is local PD how  . Clerk says i should be up for my PTC in February. 

3 minutes ago, Jeffreynmb said:

I spoke to the Mercer court today. They said my permit was signed on the 18th and sent back to Hamilton pd. We’ll see how long they’ll take. They’re usually pretty quick. 3 months so far.

Good news!  Do you know what number you were?  I was 219 and so I’m trying to see where they are at as of the 18th.