BlueOrbit

County by County?

On 2/1/2023 at 5:19 PM, [email protected] said:

The law is now that you can carry any legally owned handgun!

Yes, any legally owned gun.

It may be the law but.......

Evan Nappen 30:54

I have another letter here. Regarding PTC and again, what does it say? He’s got a restricted license, as well. This one is regarding the restriction that says about the qualification of his handgun. His handgun is listed as the one he qualified with, and the question is, can he only carry that or any handgun that he owns? The law right in 2C:58-4, right in the carry law, in the first paragraph says one permit shall be good for all handguns. It says it flat out. And what do we have this other court doing? This court is ignoring it and putting one gun on and creating a situation where it appears that you’re only entitled to carry the one gun that they placed on the permit. It’s not clear, and you’re taking a risk if you carry some other gun. Basically, what you need to do here, in my opinion, is play it safe. Carry the one gun that you’re allowed to carry. When your permit expires, after two years, you’ll get one issued by the Chief of Police, and under that, it will not have any restrictions. That is how to handle it. But you can see, folks, how judges are constantly screwing up the system. They’re going against our rights and creating havoc in this way. And that is why one of the greatest things about that horrible “Carry Killer” law, the anti-Civil Rights bill is that it removed judges from being issuing authorities. In that regard, we have made significant progress. But until then, here’s yet another victim of a judge limiting rights without legal basis. Unfortunately, this is the current situation, and the solutions are how I have outlined them.

Gun Lawyer #120

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ALAN553 said:

received morris county permit today, no boxes checked but, "SEE ATTACHED ORDER"  which states, which gun and carry 2 page 8 1/2 x 11" order with you....

Yeah it's so inconsistent.  Apparently it's all based on when it was approved and what judge you got to sign off.  Here in Monmouth county prior to 12/22 permits had the qualifying guns listed and the court order box checked.  Mine was apparently approved after that...my permit has no boxes checked and no mention of a court order.  Must be a nightmare to try and enforce anything with all the variation.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TuscanRaider said:

Yeah it's so inconsistent.  Apparently it's all based on when it was approved and what judge you got to sign off.  Here in Monmouth county prior to 12/22 permits had the qualifying guns listed and the court order box checked.  Mine was apparently approved after that...my permit has no boxes checked and no mention of a court order.  Must be a nightmare to try and enforce anything with all the variation.

Mine was signed 2/7

On 2/17/2023 at 11:57 AM, ALAN553 said:

received morris county permit today, no boxes checked but, "SEE ATTACHED ORDER"  which states, which gun and carry 2 page 8 1/2 x 11" order with you....

Shrink it down to 15-20% and put it in your wallet with your permit and carry a digital copy on your phone. That is what I do.

The order I received has copy stamped on the first page so any copy will do.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, brucin said:

Shrink it down to 15-20% and put it in your wallet with your permit and carry a digital copy on your phone. That is what I do.

The order I received has copy stamped on the first page so any copy will do.

I copied two pages  to one, both sides, trimmed off borders and folded it down to credit card size and put it inside fold of permit.  Permit is a joke, edges looked like they were cut with a scissor, folded in half, and picture is glued on. 

1 hour ago, ALAN553 said:

Permit is a joke, edges looked like they were cut with a scissor, folded in half, and picture is glued on. 

Yours was cut AND folded?   Lucky!   You got the deee-luxe version.

I got a full sheet of paper right off the ink jet printer.  The photo was glued on, but that was it.

3 hours ago, 10X said:

Yours was cut AND folded?   Lucky!   You got the deee-luxe version.

I got a full sheet of paper right off the ink jet printer.  The photo was glued on, but that was it.

One country, 50 states, 21 county’s…amazing how it can be that different from county to county

PTC received about 2 months after submission.  Never went to a judge.  Local PD Chief signed off, nothing on the back except "Employee of armored car company"  Which I am not!  Don't know why this is listed. Local gun range stated they have seen this on the back of other PTC owners.  I live in Ocean County.   Local PD office issuer stated can carry a similar gun to which I qualified. Crazy thing, the guns that I qualified on are not listed.

Wife and I had our appointment to submit our applications at the local PD (Piscataway) on 10/28/22.  Fingerprints were scheduled within 2 weeks after.  I received a letter from the court dated 12/16/22 acknowledging my application.

Wife picked hers up at the local PD on 2/15/23, mine at the court 2/17/23.

Of course she had to bust my nuts about it for a couple days

Hers does say "Employee of armored car company' on the back, mine does not.  Neither have any restrictions or any accompanying order.

Just received my Florida Concealed Weapons Permit after waiting less than 60 days.  It is beautiful thing,  laminated and ready to go.  97 bucks,  good for 7 years.  Democrats take notice..you have lost another taxpayer due to your incompetence and disregard of my rights.

• Agree 1

On 2/20/2023 at 9:51 AM, Tunaman said:

Just received my Florida Concealed Weapons Permit after waiting less than 60 days.  It is beautiful thing,  laminated and ready to go.  97 bucks,  good for 7 years.  Democrats take notice..you have lost another taxpayer due to your incompetence and disregard of my rights.

My NJ one just took 17 days. js

I received my initial carry permit after about a 90 day wait on 10/20/22 from Middlesex county with the BS restriction of only carrying the gun listed on the permit. Also had to carry a copy of the court order around too, but was living with it. Then I had to requalify under CCARE and was advised to carry a copy of that as well. So that's 3 pieces paper I had to stuff in my wallet along with the permit. Enough.

I had the day off Monday 12/18 and submitted a new application with Old Bridge PD. Completed that at 11:45am. All references were returned by 12:15. Recived the email with link to new permit about 7:00pm on Tuesday, 12/19. Under 36 hours! OBPD just keeps getting better!

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I sent my updated information after the recertification at gun for hire in to the firearms Detective who said they needed nothing else. Confirmed receipt etc. 

I emailed sba 182a (even though I'm still only carrying my same carry gun on my permit) on 12/25. I haven't heard anything back. Am I good? No one will call me back. 

15 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

I sent my updated information after the recertification at gun for hire in to the Piscataway firearms Detective who said they needed nothing else. Confirmed receipt etc. 

I emailed sba 182a (even though I'm still only carrying my same carry gun on my permit) on 12/25. I haven't heard anything back. Am I good? No one will call me back. 

Your good.

I do have a question (thought) Why does it seem everyone expects confirmation of paperwork, from their PDs?   We are a small-town PD but have issued many permits.  We don't call with confirmation of every permit paperwork or FIDs and purchase permit. We do contact applicants if there is an issue with any submissions.

What is everyone going to expect as renewals begin this year?   Just my thoughts as someone involved in the process.

Not signaling anyone specific out, just my thoughts.

7 minutes ago, kirk2022 said:

Your good.

I do have a question (thought) Why does it seem everyone expects confirmation of paperwork, from their PDs?   We are a small-town PD but have issued many permits.  We don't call with confirmation of every permit paperwork or FIDs and purchase permit. We do contact applicants if there is an issue with any submissions.

What is everyone going to expect as renewals begin this year?   Just my thoughts as someone involved in the process.

Not signaling anyone specific out, just my thoughts.

I mean this respectfully, I would expect a confirmation because I called and emailed and asked for it. 

I feel like public servants avoid doing work they don't want to. It's an important thing to know you are legally able to carry a gun. 

• Agree 1

I can understand your thought process.   But mine is from the inside.  We answered all the questions for people. Plus assisted them, when everything was in person. Now being all computer and no face to face.  I would need to pull 2 guys off the street to answer emails and phone calls. If everyone didn't trust the process or their department.   From what I see and know of some cities up north. Thats how it is at times.  Just a thought process from the inside.

15 minutes ago, kirk2022 said:

If it is coming through FARS (email) I don't really expect any communication from my local PD other than for payment for handgun permits.  When I emailed my updated Use of Force training they replied on email confirming receipt and I'd rather they do that then me guessing if it went to a junk folder or into thin air.

• Like 1

I can understand both of the above positions. I realize PDs need to prioritize their resources, but also would appreciate a quick "we got it" email. To me, it isn't a case of not trusting my PD, but not knowing if something went wrong with the transmission. I emailed scans to my department each time I qualified/requalified and received a brief "received, thanks" reply within a few hours. Fortunately, my PD has a dedicated firearms unit clerk. I did not submit a SP182a since my permit was issued by the court 1/2023, I can only carry the gun I qualified with.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SmokenClay said:

If it is coming through FARS (email) I don't really expect any communication from my local PD other than for payment for handgun permits.  When I emailed my updated Use of Force training they replied on email confirming receipt and I'd rather they do that then me guessing if it went to a junk folder or into thin air.

This. The Detective has been excellent in every regard before this, but this is an important matter. I get that they're busy but one missed email and I lose my freedom in the next traffic stop. 

That's the problem with being a law abiding citizen. 

2 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

I sent my updated information after the recertification at gun for hire in to the firearms Detective who said they needed nothing else. Confirmed receipt etc. 

1 hour ago, Cheflife15 said:

This. The Detective has been excellent in every regard before this, but this is an important matter. I get that they're busy but one missed email and I lose my freedom in the next traffic stop. 

That's the problem with being a law abiding citizen. 

There is no requirement for people who already have their permit to submit an SP.182a. The statute calls for the PD to determine the gun(s) you intend to carry as part of the application process. You are not applying. You are merely complying with the change in training requirements. I can understand the reluctance to acknowledge every unnecessary thing they receive, and I can particularly understand ignoring unnecessary stuff received on Christmas day.

33 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

There is no requirement for people who already have their permit to submit an SP.182a. The statute calls for the PD to determine the gun(s) you intend to carry as part of the application process. You are not applying. You are merely complying with the change in training requirements. I can understand the reluctance to acknowledge every unnecessary thing they receive, and I can particularly understand ignoring unnecessary stuff received on Christmas day.

Should still respond imo

But since you're always right about the law, I do feel better about carrying now.  

I just started this rodeo today. I have 2 PTP in at the same time. Usually my PD turns around the P2P in about 2-3 weeks. We'll see how long the PTC takes. References went back within 2 hours.

PTP came back in exactly 2 weeks. 

I'm at 43 days now. Went up to the PD last week and said they still have to get in touch with my references and everything else was in order. They were very nice about it, but c'mon. All of my many P2P's were done in basically 2 weeks.

Finally got it. 52 days in total.