BlueOrbit

County by County?

Hillsborough Township (Somerset County) started issuing permits here today. I know a person who just received hers today (picked up at the HPD) but have no idea how many permits were issued. but it is a start.  Took her four months from start to finish. No further details are available.

4 hours ago, DAHL said:

Hillsborough Township (Somerset County) started issuing permits here today. I know a person who just received hers today (picked up at the HPD) but have no idea how many permits were issued. but it is a start.  Took her four months from start to finish. No further details are available.

I've seen Bridgewater, Somerville, Franklin Twp, Hillsborough, and Warren Twp.  

Not as long as some other members on the forum but definitely longer wait times than others here in Mercer. Yesterday (11/04/2022) at the close of business was day 112. I called local PD after the 100 day mark and they said my app was sent to the court on 9/9/2020 so allowing  3 days for the mail the county has been sitting on it for 52 days + or – a day.

3 hours ago, M1152 said:

Not as long as some other members on the forum but definitely longer wait times than others here in Mercer. Yesterday (11/04/2022) at the close of business was day 112. I called local PD after the 100 day mark and they said my app was sent to the court on 9/9/2020 so allowing  3 days for the mail the county has been sitting on it for 52 days + or – a day.

Well that sucks. Mine probably made it there a month later... Have you notified ANJRPC StrikeForce?

10 hours ago, samiam said:

I guess that's progress. Still looks like the hearings are only being scheduled at two week intervals (10/7; 10/22; 11/4) but at 25, the group was roughly twice as large as what I understand was the size of the previous two.  

It appears I was #40 issued in the county so total should be around 60. Also heard that 9 didn't show at the first hearing .

3 hours ago, GodStrength said:

I’m from Mercer, the court received my application and sent it to the judge Aug 29. I have not received my permit yet.

Too bad we don't have any real transparency. I am at about ~30 days now at Mercer court. Figure I'll give it a few more and then drop SF a note, not that I expect anything to change quickly. :( 

4 hours ago, Xtors said:

Too bad we don't have any real transparency. I am at about ~30 days now at Mercer court. Figure I'll give it a few more and then drop SF a note, not that I expect anything to change quickly. :( 

Towards the end of October I spoke to the person that handles receiving and sending from PD, PO, judge, and back to PD. Considering the replacement judge, he anticipates the entire docket backlog to be caught up within a months time as they already started processing applications.

11 hours ago, GodStrength said:

Towards the end of October I spoke to the person that handles receiving and sending from PD, PO, judge, and back to PD. Considering the replacement judge, he anticipates the entire docket backlog to be caught up within a months time as they already started processing applications.

Yeah, apparently it was the original judge's opinion that he was above SCOTUS, so he wasn't signing anything.  He was replaced by a Christie appointed judge.

I'm on day 80 at the court house today. I was informed today that the prosecutor has yet to view my application. I was only informed I am close to the front of the pile and there is no ETA available as to when it will be processed.

For a status update on your permit to carry a handgun, you can contact Nicholas Kowalchuk, Law Clerk to Hon. Patrick J. Bartels, J.S.C. at 609-571-4200 x74152

10 minutes ago, GodStrength said:

I'm on day 80 at the court house today. I was informed today that the prosecutor has yet to view my application. I was only informed I am close to the front of the pile and there is no ETA available as to when it will be processed.

For a status update on your permit to carry a handgun, you can contact Nicholas Kowalchuk, Law Clerk to Hon. Patrick J. Bartels, J.S.C. at 609-571-4200 x74152

Why is the prosecutor even involved here? Damn, this is frustrating...

On 11/14/2022 at 3:07 PM, samiam said:

Christie appointee or not, it is completely at the discretion of the judge whether or not to involve the prosecutor's office, so there is no doubt about where the blame falls here. Just sayin'

Some overlap with different threads but I’ll put it this way. A few days ago someone posted in the other thread Mercer was on #42. Well I know someone that called last week and was told they were working on the low 40s. So at best what's that one a week?

As far as Christie goes he's better than Murphy but looking back everything he did for NJ gun owners was performative. And why is his appointee dragging his feet is anyone’s guess.

1 hour ago, bennj said:

Again, there appears to be no evidence, other than a possible few (2 or 3) permits being issued in the last 4 months, that they are actually "working" on anything other than fabrications in Mercer.

One of the CNJFO Committee chairs (Eric Saperstein) got his permit - he's in Mercer.  Just got it a couple weeks ago.  They're moving slow but they're moving.

• Informative 1

6 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

One of the CNJFO Committee chairs (Eric Saperstein) got his permit - he's in Mercer.  Just got it a couple weeks ago.  They're moving slow but they're moving.

that's great but do you know when his application was submitted or his total wait time?