BlueOrbit

County by County?

Received my permit from Hillsborough PD/Somerset County today. Judge Tober signed the permit and he hasn't done anything to slow down the process. The condition for everyone in this county  is that you must keep a copy of the court order and the PTC  on your person while carrying. If you do not comply your carry permit is not valid as the condition of carry is not met.

dlptc.jpg

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

Yesterday, Wednesday December 8th, I called Mercer County and spoke to the law clerk. The clerk informed me that he was expecting to hear back from the prosecutor that day (Dec. 8th). He said after he speaks to the prosecutor he will complete my application, have the judge sign it, and mail it back. He suggested I should expect it early next week. I'll share any update next week.

1 minute ago, GodStrength said:

Yesterday, Wednesday December 8th, I called Mercer County and spoke to the law clerk. The clerk informed me that he was expecting to hear back from the prosecutor that day (Dec. 8th). He said after he speaks to the prosecutor he will complete my application, have the judge sign it, and mail it back. He suggested I should expect it early next week. I'll share any update next week.

Did they ever end up contacting your references?

1 hour ago, Tariq said:

Would like to know this too. My app got kicked back to HTPD and my refs still haven't been contacted. I sent the FA unit an email on Wed but haven't heard anything. I will call them next week. This is all so tiring and ridiculous...

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Tariq said:

1 hour ago, Xtors said:

Would like to know this too. My app got kicked back to HTPD and my refs still haven't been contacted. I sent the FA unit an email on Wed but haven't heard anything. I will call them next week. This is all so tiring and ridiculous...

Yes, the detective from HPD called my references. I have to say it is pointless. A written statement, which is signed will always trump an oral statement. There’s no good argument to justify the courts requiring the investigative agency to call references. 

• Agree 1

Update. I spoke to the detective today and all of my references were contacted, which I verified. Given the upcoming holidays I am guessing I won't hear anything from the county until sometime in the new year.

4 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

I'm approaching 3 months in Middlesex County. Embarrassing. 

Next week will be 5 months for me.

Application has been with the Morris County Superior Court since early October.

I applied in July, so my PD slow rolled it to them, and the court is in turn slow rolling it back to them.

Seems like Morris county is moving VERY few through so the backlog simply keeps growing.

44 minutes ago, Tariq said:

Got a call from Hamilton PD today that they’ve approved my application and I can bring in my money order.  We’ll see what happens from here.

Did you verify that they called your references?

49 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

Which Hamilton?

The one in Mercer County 

13 minutes ago, Xtors said:

Did you verify that they called your references?

They didn’t so now I have to worry about that. I didn’t mention anything yet because I want them to take my money order so they have it and can’t use that as another delay and also I only spoke to the secretary and so I know she doesn’t actually do the approval or the reference contacts.

• Informative 1

13 minutes ago, Tariq said:

The one in Mercer County 

They didn’t so now I have to worry about that. I didn’t mention anything yet because I want them to take my money order so they have it and can’t use that as another delay and also I only spoke to the secretary and so I know she doesn’t actually do the approval or the reference contacts.

You should call them back and ask that they call your references before giving the app to the county. I gave the township my MO back in early Oct and the app got kicked back by the county a little over a week ago and the township finally called my references yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Xtors said:

You should call them back and ask that they call your references before giving the app to the county. I gave the township my MO back in early Oct and the app got kicked back by the county a little over a week ago and the township finally called my references yesterday.

That’s what doesn’t make sense (outside of just trying to delay the process). If they already know applications are being kicked back, why not just do it right the first go round so you don’t have to keep going back and forth?  I can understand if they don’t want to do it but if you’re going to have to do it anyway, why make it so you have to go through it twice?

1 hour ago, Tariq said:

That’s what doesn’t make sense (outside of just trying to delay the process). If they already know applications are being kicked back, why not just do it right the first go round so you don’t have to keep going back and forth?  I can understand if they don’t want to do it but if you’re going to have to do it anyway, why make it so you have to go through it twice?

None of it makes any sense but you are trying to apply logic to a situation that is a logic-free zone (like almost everything gub does).

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tariq said:

Because "they" want to make it as miserable as possible for "us."

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

Stonewalling tactic. 

this ^

It couldn’t be any more obvious that some of the counties & towns are slow walking the process. Call me a conspiracy theorist but with Mercer’s court house right in the center of the state capitol complex one could only think this is at the hand of murphy’s office until they could ram though the anti-carry bill. I’m at the 154 day mark with the county alone sitting on it for 90 + days, some here have waited longer. I’m not a betting man but if I were I’d bet my permit is issued just after the anti-carry bill signing...

I don't think Hamilton ever called my references from my first fpid/p2ps starting 10 years ago on. I believe they felt that since they had the signed reference forms, that was sufficient. I believe that's what they figured this go around since the notarized refences from each was enough (unless they had specific instructions from Mercer to contact references). My opinion is that since they now know the court insists references must be contacted, Tariq should be ok. I also believe this quagmire has been intentionally created, and perpetuated, by our governor and legislature to keep us from practicing our constitutional right. I can only imagine what will happen once these bills are signed into law before the end of the year.

14 hours ago, bennj said:

I don't think Hamilton ever called my references from my first fpid/p2ps starting 10 years ago on. I believe they felt that since they had the signed reference forms, that was sufficient. I believe that's what they figured this go around since the notarized refences from each was enough (unless they had specific instructions from Mercer to contact references). My opinion is that since they now know the court insists references must be contacted, Tariq should be ok. I also believe this quagmire has been intentionally created, and perpetuated, by our governor and legislature to keep us from practicing our constitutional right. I can only imagine what will happen once these bills are signed into law before the end of the year.

I hope your right (though I don’t have high hopes ;) ). According to the PD my application has now been sent to the court and so I’m allegedly at the the end of that line. Does anyone know where they’re at in terms of numbers?  I figure I’ll give a call in about a month to check.

16 minutes ago, Tariq said:

I hope your right (though I don’t have high hopes ;) ). According to the PD my application has now been sent to the court and so I’m allegedly at the the end of that line. Does anyone know where they’re at in terms of numbers?  I figure I’ll give a call in about a month to check.

Who knows. @bennj was behind me by a few weeks (I think) but when his app got kicked back to the township for contacting references he was ahead of me. That said, I was told by the person at the county that once this was done I was "good to go". To be cynical, what that means is anyone's guess. I am hoping to hear something by mid-January. If not, I will be calling the county again for an update.

Just now, CMJeepster said:

As of last Saturday, #75, who applied right away after the Bruen decision, hasn't received his yet.

That's not encouraging. Any idea if 75's app got kicked back to the township for references?

Just now, GodStrength said:

I just received a phone call from Hamilton PD to pick up my permit 

Bra-effing-vo!!! Congrats!!!! Please let us know what the restrictions situation is after you get it.