Grima Squeakersen

***DELETED***

28 minutes ago, samiam said:

I think I'd want the 3" barrel. .357 Mag out of my 4.2" isn't at all bad, out of my wife's 2-1/4, it's medium brutal. I'm hopeful the 3" would spilt the difference, at worst. Could you tell me what was required to mount the trijicon sight? Is the barrel relieved for it the same as the 4.2", and interchangeable with the blade sight by means of a set screw, or similar arrangement?

I believe it was just a roll pin that you have to punch out

You will need a frame support and barrels don't just screw on...they need to me timed....it's a gu smith job.

Also you are not getting the full benefit of the 357 ballistics in 2.5"

q2IMLcX.jpeg

Look at 158gr...2" barrel.....858fps....  that is NOT magnum speed....or pressure

35 minutes ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

You will need a frame support and barrels don't just screw on...they need to me timed....it's a gu smith job.

Also you are not getting the full benefit of the 357 ballistics in 2.5"

q2IMLcX.jpeg

Look at 158gr...2" barrel.....858fps....  that is NOT magnum speed....or pressure

I believe we are talking about changing out the front sight...

3 hours ago, samiam said:

Yes, I was interested in swapping my 4.2" barrel for the 3" (I believe it's actually 3.1"). It's beginning to look like it would be easier (and possibly cheaper) to buy a new SP101 with the 3" barrel than swap. The Model 5719 lists for $889. Comes with a blade front sight, but from what tunaman said, I could probably get the same fiber optic sight on my current gun that I have become fond of installed if I really don't like the blade. Of course, if I do this I will come a-cropper against using only the gun I qualified with, assuming that the Cape May County judge makes that stipulation. I may jsut give up the idea, at least temporarily, and see how carrying my 4.2" goes for the next 2 years. 

I am aware of the ballistic fall-off with .357 in the 2-1/4 barrel version, that's why I described it as a .38 Special gun that can shoot .357. The table does seem to show that the 3" barrel would hold its own fairly well.

Nice...I did see that you were aware in retrospect reading the post....

The nice part about a 357 frame...is you can run a really hotter 38spl..and not get near magnum range.....and still not worry about the pistol...