Downtownv

Poll, Who has applied and has anyone received their NJ Carry Permit?

Who has applied and has anyone received their NJ Carry Permit?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who has applied and has anyone received their NJ Carry Permit?

• In the process i.e fulfilling courses paperwork etc
    • Applied completed and submited
    • Received MY Legally due permit

11 minutes ago, samiam said:

Just a quick question about the poll methodology. Is it intended to be a static, "right now" only picture of the issue statistics? Or does the forum software make the necessary recalculation if I vote "completed and submitted" today (did that), then come back in three weeks (I'm being optimistic :) and vote "received"?

But you can hit back with a selected B and now a happy camper to be C, I suppose

I don't know 2.gif

23 minutes ago, Maciej said:

Got mine a few weeks ago. 

Mazel Tov!

What county?

What was your time frame from submission to approval?

I am figuring 60 days.

Can you give us and interesting facts regarding the reference contact and how muck longer before the approval?

I had heard that you were virtually at the approval stage prior to contacting your references. Contacting your references is pretty much the rubber stamp that leads to a phone call from your local PD come down and pick up your license.

True or false?

5 hours ago, Downtownv said:

Mazel Tov!

What county?

I am figuring 60 days.

Can you give us and interesting facts regarding the reference contact and how muck longer before the approval?

I had heard that you were virtually at the approval stage prior to contacting your references. Contacting your references is pretty much the rubber stamp that leads to a phone call from your local PD come down and pick up your license.

True or false?

Morris County; twenty-four days from submission on July 20th and approved/handed to me on August 12th; it was pretty simple and uneventful with nothing unexpected. I'm a bit detail oriented so I came with everything already sorted in separate folders for each application, three copies of everything, extra photos, put my name and SBI number on the back of the pics, etc. Came in with the original check list I found with everything marked, sat down with the chief and reviewed everything with him, double checking everything off the list so we were all good, and that was it. 

• Like 3

On 8/26/2022 at 8:41 AM, Maciej said:

Got mine a few weeks ago. 

When did you apply?

I applied as a non-resident. With NJSP - Woodstown. He said once approved it would be sent In the mail to me. I guess going through the NJSP is different the. The locals through your local city police?

Edited by TexasLTC

On 8/26/2022 at 10:04 AM, Downtownv said:

Mazel Tov!

What county?

I am figuring 60 days.

True or false?

Judge is final, reference got another 10 stupid question each, what a pain! My friends from GA and FL just laughing on this. 

• Agree 1

So my understanding is the approval judges in Ocean and Monmouth co are Murphy designated and they have 2500 apps in Ocean county yet very few permits issued so far. Is there a mandated time frame that the state must respond by?

On 9/19/2022 at 10:21 AM, g17owner said:

There could also be numerous people that haven't seen or don't prefer to publicly advertise such in this thread. Its probably more than 5

yep, it is 6 ;) reslize this - nobody is getting anything or we would know thtat from many people and each of us.