Matroskin

Car emergency kit

Hi Guys,

A few years back there was a discussion about "car emergency kit" or what to pack for your kid when they go college. At least this is my recollection. 

Can someone find/share a link to it? My searching skills aren't good enough apparently.

TIA

i'd built my cousins kids emergency kits like that for christmas way back then. was scared that everyone would think i was nuts. well....my aunt(their grandmom) came over and hugged me. they still carry them in their vehicles after all these years.

built one for my (at the time) girlfriend...same feeling of her thinking i was nuts.......she loved it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By areacode201
    • By SuperSixOne
      Hi Guys,

So recently I have seen a lot about the original Stoner AR-7 survival rifle going around on YouTube and the internet. It has peaked my interest in the sense that its designed to be a "backup" of sorts when going out hiking or camping, subsequently getting lost or hurt while needing to hunt for food or use as protection. It brings up a few interesting questions.

Is this rifle legal in NJ? Does the storage-ability of the rifle trigger any of NJ's fine print?

Is it legal to carry in that compact form on public land? Can I stick it in my bag and be legal. (This is assuming I fall under the Right to Carry for rifles when using an FPID, unloaded etc)

Looking forward in your responses. 

• By Bugsy732
      I have always enjoyed watching the "Doomsday Preppers" show on Natgeo. There are always some interesting things going on with that show... end of the world and zombie apocalypse's...  but the last few nights while checking to see what Hurricanes/Tropical storms are forming the thought crossed my mind.. what if something like Sandy or last years Derecho happens again this year.  My wife and I recently had our first child (son) about 6 months ago and home security has been on my mind for a long time now, I beefed up the arsenal and ammo supplies and have upgraded our home security. I noticed yesterday that I unknowingly started to keep a supply of canned goods and water on hand (8 cases of water in the closet lol), I've even started buying more than necessary baby formula and baby food (rotating inventory on the baby food every shopping week). My wife actually brought it to my attention sunday when i got back from the grocery store..(she was like " why did you buy so many jars of Baby food? we have a ton still in the pantry?" I was like.... it was on sale! and quickly slipped away...

I guess the next logical step in preparing for something would be to increase our food and water surplus, alternative power sources and "escape plans"? 

How  many of the forum members here have "prepped" for various disaster scenarios (hurricanes, extended power outages ect)  and what have you been doing to "prep" for your family? I mean with last years storms and power outages i can't be the only one who has been thinking about this more since Hurricane season is here and our peak time is quickly approaching.

ZAP
    • By mattio41
      Question? There are many of us who talk about a Bug Out Bag (BOB) for if the STHF. There has been several view points about what you should take, and what you need. It would be kind of cool, to know if there is a hiking trail. Somewhere New Jersey - Eastern, PA, or Southern New York. That if you wanted Field test your equipment and your preparedness. You could take a 5-8 Mile hike. Where you can actually take your bag, Including Rifle. And head out for a weekend, Or even just an overnight. Where you grab your gear, Hike for several miles, Find and make shelter, and preparations for a night. Figure out, how you are going to use your emergency gear. Fishing Tackle, Animal Snares, Shelter.

Anyways, I think you get my point. Make due, with what you have packed?

Anybody have any idea's?

PS: This is not my bag, but only a link to of an example.

• By mattio41
      I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this. I just purchased it, but being delivered next week.