CJack

Informing the host of party

If I have a reason to believe the host wouldn't want me to bring my gun, I'll leave it home.  Their house, their rules.  Generally I don't see a need to discuss it. Concealed is concealed.  But, all the people that would invite me to a party have either already applied or are working on their paperwork now.

• Like 1

Well it is private property....do you have a duty to inform?

If I am going to a home that is having a party, and I think I might need a handgun for self defense at said party, why would I go to the party and put myself in danger in the first place?

:)

if they are anything but gun friendly - leave it home

• Agree 3

Just now, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Well it is private property....do you have a duty to inform?

If I am going to a home that is having a party, and I think I might need a handgun for self defense at said party, why would I go to the party and put myself in danger in the first place?

:)

if they are anything but gun friendly - leave it home

I agree about respecting the property owner's wishes.  But if you go to a really safe party, you still have to get there and back, and I'm probably stopping somewhere on the way to pick up a bag of chips and on the way home for a cheeseburger because the food wasn't great.

Jesus.

You guys need to get new friends…

You are all overthinking things way too much.

Anticipate your friend’s attitude and behavior towards you being armed and act accordingly.

Consider the kind of party and act accordingly. Is it a rager keg party? Are you solo? Are you with a group of like minded people in a sea of strangers? Is it a quiet dinner party with significant others? Are you looking to hook up?

Decide ahead of time if you are going to drink and act accordingly.

Just be cool. Don’t overthink it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

You can go to "really safe parties" but the only really safe party is one where EVERYONE is armed... You don't know when a drunk will start pounding on the door or some crackhead will crash...  

I'm  a recluse, I don't go to parties....I dont get invited, I don't wanna go anyways...humans generally suck....  lololol

I like the woods...no humans....it's peaceful....

• Agree 1

Does anyone here have Life ins?

Do you have a switch to turn it on or off? Does it only activate in areas where you may or could die? 

Is it only used part time? 

Pretty futile discussion if ya ask me.

If we could all see into the future as to when and where you would need deadly force to defend your self. You wouldn't need to defend yerself cuz you would avoid such an encounter.

So if you carry in a manner where only when you think you need it, ya might just get yerself in a situation where ya say I wish I had...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, samiam said:

OTOH, I think that carrying at a party where alcohol will be consumed (and where, as a permit holder, I might indulge) is no different than going to a bar or restaurant that serves alcohol as a permit holder. In either case, I won't be carrying. If I think the threat level is likely to require armed self-defense at a party (or some bar where I have been invited to meet friends) I won't be there. I don't go to those kinds of bars (these days) anyway :)

You say that - but you never know.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/surprise-shooting-gunfire-at-home-leaves-1-person-dead-several-injured

The full story here as told by his wife:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/9qtqga-raul-mendez

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2