Grima Squeakersen

***DELETED***

14 minutes ago, samiam said:

FWIW, the search function here doesn't seem to work very well for me

I did a search and received 32 results providing enough info to get the gist of how they roll down there.  If you are doing basic searches, I can see how you may not get the relevance you want.  Try using Boolean expressions in your searches to dial in better results.

After looking at their website, I don't think I'd be happy spending my money there.  I could tolerate some of the BS, but the deal breaker for me is the prohibition of hand loads.

1 minute ago, samiam said:

I had tried using quotes to get an exact match here (e.g., "Range 129") but that retrieved zero results.

Almost every search engine I've come across, including those within forum software is capable of using Boolean operators.

The exact search term I entered into the search bar at  the upper right of the home screen was "range 129" which returned 32 results, including the two or three from this thread.

This is the way the forum engine renders the search term in the address bar.

https://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/search/&q="range 129"&quick=1

No pun intended, but, unsatisfactory searches are usually caused by an operator error. ; )~

On 8/30/2022 at 9:02 AM, samiam said:

I initially tacked this question on as a comment to a 2018 - 2019 thread about some disturbing policies at this range, mostly involving routine bag searches, unnecessary weapons examination. and intrusive questioning before range access was allowed. I had no responses, but I'm not sure that any of the original posters are still on here regularly (or subscribed to the thread) to see my question. So I have turned it into a new thread in hopes someone here has some current information.

Does anyone know the current "policies" at Range 129 regarding bag and firearms inspection, and other issues undermining 2A and shooters' privacy rights? I was considering joining, based on location, facilities, and price, but some of the issues raised in a previous thread here would 100% rule that out. On the other hand, the last post was 3 years ago, so things may have changed. I did stop in in the middle of a weekday last week to pick up a brochure, and they seemed fairly busy. 
previous Range 129 thread

I joined Range 129 and enjoy it.  It’s only 20 minutes from my house. The people are great and I have not had any issues there. The RSO’s are great and have been very helpful with new shooters etc from what I have seen. It looks like they went through some growing pains from reading the old thread. I personally have not run into any issues from the old thread.
I believe you have to watch a safety video and sign a waiver before the first time you shoot there. I could be wrong on that though. I just had to do the waiver. The first time I went I brought my wife who has never shot, and I accompanied her for a private lesson with the head instructor Bob, who I had previously known. I figured it would work out better that way for my wife which it did. 
I would just go there and shoot and check it out for yourself. If I can help or if you have any questions just hit me up.