sgtdave4321

Hi Power Clones

41 minutes ago, sgtdave4321 said:

Anyone know of any shops here in NJ that have SA 35's or MC P35's for sale? Thanks!

Do not discount the FN Israelis....they look beat up but a fair majority are good to go....  

They would need work and refinish, but if your looking for a reliable accurate and durable pistol you can't beat it....

If your looking for pristine, we'll that's another story.

Thats one of the ones I am interested in.

Thanks , I want to try out one fo the Springfields or EAA's. 

5 hours ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Do not discount the FN Israelis....they look beat up but a fair majority are good to go....  

They would need work and refinish, but if your looking for a reliable accurate and durable pistol you can't beat it....

If your looking for pristine, we'll that's another story.

12 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Not trying to derail but girsan makes a pretty cool hipower clone too. 

https://eaacorp.com/product/girsan-mc-p35-match-ops/

Thats one of the ones I am interested in.  I like their MC P35 OPs and the Detective model they are selling as the "PI"

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sgtdave4321 said:

Thats one of the ones I am interested in.

I think it's super cool.  I have a friend who is obsessed with flat triggers.  I personally don't shoot them as well as curved but I also don't have as much practice. 

I want to get it but I only have 1 permit and I'm thinking another carry gun (if I get A permit in Middlesex County) . 

Mr stu had a high point  that he let me shoot about 2 years ago and I still think about it. I feel my cz shadow (no rail) feels similar and I love them both

Edit : hi power lol very different 

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Thats the reason I want to get a Springfield SA 35 or the EAA MC P35 OPS. Both come from the factory without the mag safety. I have a '93 MKIII with mag safety and a rough trigger. I dont want to mess with it , so I figured one of the newer models with no mag safety from the factory checks alot of boxes for me. 

54 minutes ago, sgtdave4321 said:

Thats the reason I want to get a Springfield SA 35 or the EAA MC P35 OPS. Both come from the factory without the mag safety. I have a '93 MKIII with mag safety and a rough trigger. I dont want to mess with it , so I figured one of the newer models with no mag safety from the factory checks alot of boxes for me. 

Removing the mag safety is a piece of cake - 2 pins and it comes out then you put 1 pin back in.

I did it for @Krdshrk in about 3 minutes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

Removing the mag safety is a piece of cake - 2 pins and it comes out then you put 1 pin back in.

Supposedly the Girsan clones have some changes internally - It's not as simple as taking out the Mag disconnect safety pin...  Apparently you have to remove the trigger as well.

https://www.1911forum.com/threads/girsan-hi-power-fast.1042917/

7 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

Some pins need a press to remove....some don't.

The issue is if the pin you are trying to remove is stuck and you keep wracking it...you deform it more and a chance to deform the hole.

A one ton press, with a properly aligned punch,  makes quick work of a trigger frame pin and mag safety pin.

11 minutes ago, CAL. .30 M1 said:

Some pins need a press to remove....some don't.

The issue is if the pin you are trying to remove is stuck and you keep wracking it...you deform it more and a chance to deform the hole.

A one ton press, with a properly aligned punch,  makes quick work of a trigger frame pin and mag safety pin.

In lieu of a 1 ton press, I use a brass punch and have the ability to admit defeat and pass it to a professional if I don't succeed.

6 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Why not just buy an original Browning/FN Hi Power?

They don't make them any more. You would have to go to the used market, which is not what everybody wants.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

In lieu of a 1 ton press, I use a brass punch and have the ability to admit defeat and pass it to a professional if I don't succeed.

They don't make them any more. You would have to go to the used market, which is not what everybody wants.

LOL - a man has to know his limitations - 

Some are tighter than others and frame damage can ensue if the punch slips - 

The Inglis I have was a bear even with the press - let alone changing the locking block on an FAL/SLR type....

1 hour ago, sgtdave4321 said:

I am curious to try out these newer clones. 

The new FN is not a traditional HP

The Springfield is - but there are nuances with it to ensure reliability - i read it is a solid firearm but not worth the price it is getting on the used market when you can get genuine FN product at the same price, if not a few points higher.

I dont really like the new FN. I lke the more traditional look of the Springfield. I also like the EAA/ Girsan MC P35 OPS with the rail. I agree that the price on the Springfield is high right now when compared to getting a used Browning or FN.  I am also curious to see if Springfield comes out with other models of the SA 35 , like a railed model or a Detective version.