1LtCAP

blue jeans

so i'm looking for new jeans big enough to fit a holster in. the levis i wear right now, that ain't happenin. i like levis, and they're the only jeans i've owned/worn for my entire adult life. they always seemed good thick denim, and would take pretty much anything i'd throw at them. obviously, there's none that i can look at in stores(no one stocks anything longer than 34" inseam, i need 36"), so i'm looking online. on amazon, i can find them.....505's are my prefered. problem is that many on there are saying that the denim's super thin now, and not nearly as durable as they were even just 5 years ago.

so..........i'm needing suggestions. don't want anything that looks even remotley like "hey i'm carrying a gun, but trying like a bastard to not look like i'm carrying a gun". just good fit good quality bluejeans that'll last me for years, just like my levis always have.

9 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Go to Tractor Supply and check out Carhartt duck and jeans.  They are not cheap, but you do get what you pay for.  The value is commensurate with the price.

thanks man. i don't care about cheap. i'm lucky enough  that i don't have to worry about that. at least for now anyway. i just want something at least equal to the quality i used to get outta levis.

sad part is that i have a few pairs of old-school levis that i've never worn in storage. but they're either 31 or 32 waist....even if i start working out and trim down to what i used to be, i couldn't fit a holster inside those, cause i always wore them "stuck in the 80's" tight.

27 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

I wear 550s almost exclusively. The only other company that I have been able to find with a similar fit and quality are Nautica jeans. But that was about 10 years ago, not sure if they still make them but it's worth a look.

how recently have you bought 550's? still good quality?

Check out Duluth Trading Company

I've had many of their ballroom jeans last many years. Been a few years since I bought new jeans, hopefully still just as good.

Their cargo shorts and pants are pretty good.

https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-duluthflex-ballroom-relaxed-fit-jeans-20207.html?dwvar_20207_color=WDN&cgid=mens-pants-jeans#feature=pantm2&start=1&cgid=mens-pants-jeans

• Agree 1

I'm surprised anyone here wears Levi. Very anti 2nd amendment company.

Anyway I wear Diamond Gusset jeans. Very well made and in the USA! If you ride motorcycles they're really a must have. They even offer a reinforced motorcycle jean. Very heavy material. 

• Like 2

On 9/2/2022 at 9:06 AM, kc17 said:

Their jeans look good. But for the life of me I can't make sense of their sizing chart. What am I missing? Take size 40 for example. Since when does size 40 mean a 20" waist? And my ass and thigh is not that big either!

They have free shipping this weekend so I might try a pair to find out.

AA1873_Size_Chart_2022_480x480.jpg?v=165

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

Their jeans look good. But for the life of me I can't make sense of their sizing chart. What am I missing? Take size 40 for example. Since when does size 40 mean a 20" waist? And my ass and thigh is not that big either!

They have free shipping this weekend so I might try a pair to find out.

AA1873_Size_Chart_2022_480x480.jpg?v=165

I believe that 20" is if you lay them down flat and measure across the top. 

Since they offer free returns and exchanges, you could also order two sizes and return/exchange the size that doesn't fit. They have excellent customer service. They have had some supply issues, even before the lockdowns. One of the cut & sew plants they use was destroyed from a tornado so they had to find other plants. 

Don't laugh, but check out online 2nd hand sites like Poshmark.  

I've purchased a few pair of jeans from there and been very happy with them.

If you KNOW you want Levis and you KNOW which style (501s, 550s, etc) and KNOW the exact size and lenght you need then it's a no brainer.  It's not like you need to try them on.

6 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

Don't laugh, but check out online 2nd hand sites like Poshmark.  

I've purchased a few pair of jeans from there and been very happy with them.

If you KNOW you want Levis and you KNOW which style (501s, 550s, etc) and KNOW the exact size and lenght you need then it's a no brainer.  It's not like you need to try them on.

hadn't thought about poshmark. checked fleabay, but couldn't find much.......and looking at new with the crappy reviews is what made me post here.

hell......if i could, i'd work my ass off to get skinny enough to ewar my 32's again......

@1LtCAP If you find jeans you are interested in on Poshmark then hit the "like" / heart button.  Generally the seller will make you an offer lower than what they are asking or offer "free" shipping.  Just check the "my offers' or whatever it's called section a while after liking the item.

Good luck.

I wear LC King 5 pockets year round and they've held up to all sorts of use and abuse. I'm wearing a pair right now on (plain clothed) duty with an OWB holster. I wear them on days off for IWB concealed and have no complaints. Made in the USA too.

https://lcking.com/collections/heritage/5-Pocket-Jeans

that's something i normally look for.....made in usa that is......but i've almost given up on that due to how much isn't. the 5.11's that i used to use for work, i think were made in malasia or some little insignificant place like that......but those things took 6 days a week 10+ hours a day being worn by a skinny ass'd mechanic.