eyeinstine

Which of these would you qualify with?

Ok, just for fun and opinions..

First, i plan on qualify and listing at least 3 guns. Maybe 4, just for the hell of it. A family member will be doing my qualifications so additional guns is not an issue. But im thinking more than 3 may just piss off the prosecutor or judge once my app makes it that far..

My most likely main carry will be my Springfiled XD-s 9mm..  Really, just what this gun was designed for; and carried IWB. Its new, only about 100 rounds through it. I shoot it well, and fairly accurate.

My second one will a be full size Glock 22 .40s&w. Im a fairly big guy at 5-10 & 240 lbs. I wear a lot of sweatshirts and outdoor jackets when the weather turns cold. Figured this may be an option using a OWB holster.

Then figured, just for fun.... My two-tone Tisas 1911 in .45   Loaded up with Wilson Combat parts, rubber Hogue grip. It feels great in the hand, shoots wonderful. But its big and heavy! But so am i, so not that big a deal. Have a IWB for it already. It is slim, just large and heavy.

And lastly; Dont laugh.. I love this gun! Just shoots fantastic, and very accurate. My Taurus PT-92C    Kinda unique model 92 being the C (compact).  Still a big gun, and wide. But feels great and shoots even greater!   made in Brazil in the the Beretta factory. Perfect clone, and every bit as good as the Beretta version, maybe better as i prefer the frame mounted safety over the Berettas slide mounted safety.

And really gave thought to listing the S&W 686 Stainless 6" barrel .357mag     You know, if shit really hits the fan, and the wild west has a rebirth during a collapsing country, this would fit the bill for non-concealed holster carry.. :D :lol:     This is by far the most accurate gun i own. I just cant help but smile and even giggle a little bit when i shoot it. If you dont have a 357 revolver, buy one! Especially if you reload! Cant shoot much cheaper than than 2.8gr of bullseye under a 148 gr lead wadcutter. Accurate, cheap, and fun!

Im a member at CJRPC, and really want to get more into competitive shooting. Some members here on NJGF gave me a taste of shooting/practicing at steel and it was a blast. Just gotta get life settled down enough to give me the time to get more involved. Would also love to get into the bowling pin shoots, maybe cowboy action, etc.   Hence, the thoughts of maybe adding a gun or two outside of the compact typical carry gun. Would there be a benefit to being able to carry the gun on you that you will be shooting/competing with at the range??

• Like 1

For what it is worth, I have been carrying at home for years. OWB at first, but in the last year(ish) IWB. I have carried a Sig 1911, Sig P226, Glock 23 g4, Sig Pro 2022, and Ruger LC9S pro.

If you have never carried a 1911, or metal framed pistol, or other fullsize gun, you may reconsider those choices fairly quickly once you do start. Not saying it is impossible, but large and/or heavy gets old quick. I have been going back and forth carrying the LC9S Pro and G23, and that LC9S disappears compared to the G23. Even the G23 feels significantly lighter and smaller than the P226, which is a featherweight compared to a 1911. Perhaps you can and would want to.

I believe the obvious answer is to get a 8"(+) .44 mag or .500 S&W revolver, a 10" Desert Eagle (can share ammo if you go .44 Mag!), and a High Point (because those are just as heavy and thick as the other two suggestions.)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Malice4you said:

For what it is worth, I have been carrying at home for years. OWB at first, but in the last year(ish) IWB. I have carried a Sig 1911, Sig P226, Glock 23 g4, Sig Pro 2022, and Ruger LC9S pro.

If you have never carried a 1911, or metal framed pistol, or other fullsize gun, you may reconsider those choices fairly quickly once you do start. Not saying it is impossible, but large and/or heavy gets old quick. I have been going back and forth carrying the LC9S Pro and G23, and that LC9S disappears compared to the G23. Even the G23 feels significantly lighter and smaller than the P226, which is a featherweight compared to a 1911. Perhaps you can and would want to.

I believe the obvious answer is to get a 8"(+) .44 mag or .500 S&W revolver, a 10" Desert Eagle (can share ammo if you go .44 Mag!), and a High Point (because those are just as heavy and thick as the other two suggestions.)

Solid analysis...  Im sure my XD-s 9mm with be the carry choice 99% of the time...

I like the .44mag. .500, and/or D.E. idea! great shit hits the fan idea's.. Or a movie scene for Terminator 28...

Got a high point.. carbine in .45    What an ugly piece of chit. But it shoots great and never misses a beat!

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 9:09 PM, eyeinstine said:

Ok, just for fun and opinions..

First, i plan on qualify and listing at least 3 guns. Maybe 4, just for the hell of it. A family member will be doing my qualifications so additional guns is not an issue. But im thinking more than 3 may just piss off the prosecutor or judge once my app makes it that far..

My most likely main carry will be my Springfiled XD-s 9mm..  Really, just what this gun was designed for; and carried IWB. Its new, only about 100 rounds through it. I shoot it well, and fairly accurate.

My second one will a be full size Glock 22 .40s&w. Im a fairly big guy at 5-10 & 240 lbs. I wear a lot of sweatshirts and outdoor jackets when the weather turns cold. Figured this may be an option using a OWB holster.

Then figured, just for fun.... My two-tone Tisas 1911 in .45   Loaded up with Wilson Combat parts, rubber Hogue grip. It feels great in the hand, shoots wonderful. But its big and heavy! But so am i, so not that big a deal. Have a IWB for it already. It is slim, just large and heavy.

And lastly; Dont laugh.. I love this gun! Just shoots fantastic, and very accurate. My Taurus PT-92C    Kinda unique model 92 being the C (compact).  Still a big gun, and wide. But feels great and shoots even greater!   made in Brazil in the the Beretta factory. Perfect clone, and every bit as good as the Beretta version, maybe better as i prefer the frame mounted safety over the Berettas slide mounted safety.

And really gave thought to listing the S&W 686 Stainless 6" barrel .357mag     You know, if shit really hits the fan, and the wild west has a rebirth during a collapsing country, this would fit the bill for non-concealed holster carry.. :D :lol:     This is by far the most accurate gun i own. I just cant help but smile and even giggle a little bit when i shoot it. If you dont have a 357 revolver, buy one! Especially if you reload! Cant shoot much cheaper than than 2.8gr of bullseye under a 148 gr lead wadcutter. Accurate, cheap, and fun! 

Im a member at CJRPC, and really want to get more into competitive shooting. Some members here on NJGF gave me a taste of shooting/practicing at steel and it was a blast. Just gotta get life settled down enough to give me the time to get more involved. Would also love to get into the bowling pin shoots, maybe cowboy action, etc.   Hence, the thoughts of maybe adding a gun or two outside of the compact typical carry gun. Would there be a benefit to being able to carry the gun on you that you will be shooting/competing with at the range??

eye,

I'm not laughing about the revolver. As a matter of fact I'm giving serious thought to my S&W 66 with a 2" barrel.  I really like my RIA 1911 5" barrel in .45 ACP, but I agree it might be difficult to conceal.  It was hard for me to find local qualifiers so I bought the NRA basics of Pistol online course just in case. I passed the test with a 90%. 

Where are you going to qualify? Is CJRPC going to qualify for NJ CCW? 

John