GlockityGlockGlock

Sussex County Carry Permits

41 minutes ago, GlockityGlockGlock said:

no restrictions but separate piece of paper with handguns listed

This is really vague. I can type up a piece of paper listing handguns I qualified with.

What else was on the 'piece of paper'? (If you don't know, it's not your fault. I'll assume the origin of your information didn't tell you.)

One reason we have over 3,000 posts on this topic is that many of them are vague.

3 hours ago, EVIEW326 said:

Sussex county here. I spoke with someone at the court today that said my application went to the judges desk yesterday (9/28). So just have to wait hopefully I’ll hear soon. Btw I handed in my application to the PD on 7/22 and was fingerprinted in Sparta on 8/19. 

What township?

4 hours ago, EVIEW326 said:

Sussex county here. I spoke with someone at the court today that said my application went to the judges desk yesterday (9/28). So just have to wait hopefully I’ll hear soon. Btw I handed in my application to the PD on 7/22 and was fingerprinted in Sparta on 8/19. 

Nice. Keep us posted. 

14 hours ago, nooch450 said:

Maybe the date they are using is the date the police approved?

Which makes zero sense. The approval date of the application, is not the same as the issuance date of the permit. 

I would contended with the courts that they are falsifying records. At the very least the permit is only issued when a judge signs it. 

IF the above were to remain, then we could argue we can carry once the permit is approved by the PD if they are back dating the issue date of permits. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EVIEW326 said:

I don’t know. I didn’t realize that you could check on the status of it until reading these forums. I don’t have the receipt part 

Mine still isn't cashed even though they told me it's going to the judge this week.

Other people had theirs cashed weeks ago and still no permit. There's no set time frame we can base it off of. 

13 hours ago, GlockityGlockGlock said:

Mine still isn't cashed even though they told me it's going to the judge this week.

Other people had theirs cashed weeks ago and still no permit. There's no set time frame we can base it off of. 

I handed mine in on Aug 25 and M/O was cashed on Aug 29 still no permit.

For anyone who went through the Sussex/Augusta barracks;

How did the SP notify you that your app was sent to the courthouse? Did they e-mail, call, send a letter, telegraph, smoke signal....

My app was submitted to SP mid August. Still waiting on word that its been sent to the court.

9 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

For anyone who went through the Sussex/Augusta barracks;

How did the SP notify you that your app was sent to the courthouse? Did they e-mail, call, send a letter, telegraph, smoke signal....

My app was submitted to SP mid August. Still waiting on word that its been sent to the court.

They didn't. I found out through the court. 

19 minutes ago, GlockityGlockGlock said:

Court mailed mine to PD today. Will pick up in a few days!

They told me that on Tuesday, I called NJSP yesterday and they said they hadn’t got mine yet. So it may be a week or so. I’m hoping for tomorrow or Monday. 

6 minutes ago, RadioGunner said:

They told me that on Tuesday, I called NJSP yesterday and they said they hadn’t got mine yet. So it may be a week or so. I’m hoping for tomorrow or Monday. 

In Hunterdon, mine was mailed to NJSP FIU in Trenton and then they forwarded it to the local Station via their internal mail (AKA pony express). It didn't help that they sent it to Sussex, where I used to live, rather than Washington where I live now.

25 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

In Hunterdon, mine was mailed to NJSP FIU in Trenton and then they forwarded it to the local Station via their internal mail (AKA pony express). It didn't help that they sent it to Sussex, where I used to live, rather than Washington where I live now.

I asked the court and they said they mailed it directly to the Sussex barracks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RadioGunner said:

They are but what towns? I haven’t seen any issued by NJSP. 

Vernon.

Court order. 2 pages of legal garbage. Pistols qualified with in the order not on the card. But order states card and order must be carried while armed

6 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Vernon.

Court order. 2 pages of legal garbage. Pistols qualified with in the order not on the card. But order states card and order must be carried while armed

So far I've only heard of one person from Vernon. A lot of Sussex is rural-ish and has NJSP as their local PD. Fingers crossed we start hearing permits from NJSP being issued. 

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Vernon.

If the only "restriction" is carrying the guns you qualified with than why can't they just put that on the card.... Why does everything need to be so silly! Imagine if we had freedom of speech permits and you had to carry a court order to talk? Or imagine showing up to vote and being denied because you couldn't produce your voter ID and court order... These are constitutional rights!!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Vernon.

Thanks. By chance could you post the 'garbage'? There's trash, and then there's garbage. And specifically, whether carrying in your car is prohibited.

This is a great legal system in New Jersey, where statutes can be overruled by 15 vicinages who can independently make up whatever rules they want.

4 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Thanks. By chance could you post the 'garbage'? There's trash, and then there's garbage. And specifically, whether carrying in your car is prohibited.

This is a great legal system in New Jersey, where statutes can be overruled by 15 vicinages who can independently make up whatever rules they want.

Not my permit and not sure if it's my place to ask - this was from a Facebook post. If you're on the "New Jersey Firearm Owners Syndicate" group - if you're on there you should be able to find the post and ask.

46 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Not my permit and not sure if it's my place to ask - this was from a Facebook post. If you're on the "New Jersey Firearm Owners Syndicate" group - if you're on there you should be able to find the post and ask.

Fair enough. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Permit supposedly issued and mailed out last Tuesday, supposedly mailed to the barracks. Utter silence. Either it's lost in the mail or still stuck at the courthouse. 

Anyone who applied through NJSP Sussex (not local PD, I know Vernon has been calling people for pickup) got theirs yet?