GlockityGlockGlock

Sussex County Carry Permits

4 hours ago, Bagarocks said:

Sept 9  Qualified

Sept 10 Fingerprints done

Sept 10 handed in Application

Dec 01 References called

I guess this is just how its gonna be, 90 days / 3 months to completion. I hope.

That’s crazy, that means I may get mine by the 1st of the year and the new laws won’t let me carry anyway 

I received this information today from an extremely reliable source.

The magistrate of Sussex County is no longer accepting CCW permits. The new law written and passed by the New Jersey legislature and Signed by the Governor has taken them out of the process (anyone familiar with the law its old news).

So our State Government has essentially stopped all CCW permits in SC from being processed, circumventing our 2nd amendment rights.

This new law does not include the "new CCW permit" for carrying. If you look at the permits you will see "signed by Superior Court Judge"

Is anybody's Chief in their town also a Superior Court Judge? So the State has just found another way to keep us from exercising our second amendment rights. New Jersey legislature is great isn't it.

So Im just wondering, if and when your qualification anniversary date for expiration comes due, Do you just have to requalify or start the process all over again under the new Law.

19 minutes ago, Bagarocks said:

The magistrate of Sussex County is no longer accepting CCW permits. The new law written and passed by the New Jersey legislature and Signed by the Governor has taken them out of the process (anyone familiar with the law its old news).

So our State Government has essentially stopped all CCW permits in SC from being processed, circumventing our 2nd amendment rights.

This new law does not include the "new CCW permit" for carrying. If you look at the permits you will see "signed by Superior Court Judge"

Is anybody's Chief in their town also a Superior Court Judge? So the State has just found another way to keep us from exercising our second amendment rights. New Jersey legislature is great isn't it.

So Im just wondering, if and when your qualification anniversary date for expiration comes due, Do you just have to requalify or start the process all over again under the new Law.

I just talked to someone from the courts today and he said my app is in the next bunch to be reviewed by the judge this Thursday. 

1 hour ago, rockchef1 said:

I just talked to someone from the courts today and he said my app is in the next bunch to be reviewed by the judge this Thursday. 

Hope mine is in there, too. 

1 hour ago, Bagarocks said:

Well, truth be told you had to start the process all over again every 2 years anyway. You didn't just submit updated qualifications, you had/have to complete an entire application everytime. 

Individual police departments will have to figure out next steps based on when each part of the new law takes effect. Just another delay. 

I think you are misinterpreting.  Judges have been removed from the process.  Local police departments and the state police now issue carry permits directly without involvement from the court. 

It will now streamline and speed up the process.  Once the police dept gives approval, it's done and issued.  They no longer send it up to the court.  It should now be a 60 day process, not a 4 or 5 month process.

1 hour ago, Carolina Native said:

I think you are misinterpreting.  Judges have been removed from the process.  Local police departments and the state police now issue carry permits directly without involvement from the court. 

It will now streamline and speed up the process.  Once the police dept gives approval, it's done and issued.  They no longer send it up to the court.  It should now be a 60 day process, not a 4 or 5 month process.

I think the point is the legislature changed the process without any regard to how the PDs are to actually get any of it done. Simple things like having a stock of blank permits to fill in and issue, for example.

• Informative 1

They will get that worked out, at least in Sparta.  More interesting to me is that going forward, new permit holders won't have to carry a court order as we do now.  I would hope they eliminate that for current permit holders to reconcile the two approaches.

6 hours ago, Carolina Native said:

They will get that worked out, at least in Sparta.  More interesting to me is that going forward, new permit holders won't have to carry a court order as we do now.  I would hope they eliminate that for current permit holders to reconcile the two approaches.

I wouldnt be so sure they will get it "worked out" quickly. 

While they are good with fpid pistol permits etc.. it took 3 months to run a background check and call my references for the Carry permit. 

Applied end of August and I still don't have it. 

• Agree 1
  • FacePalm 1

Vernon: Submitted app December 19th. 2 of 3 References were contacted. Got a call today everything in motion HOWEVER we now needed one more reference (Thank you Phil). Was instructed to print another app, fill in ONE reference, do not need to notarize and drop back off . That has been done and I will be dropping off the additional reference info tomorrow.   I offered to prepay the permit fee increase of 150.00 (Thank you Phil again) with another money order and was told that is not necessary at this time. Will update if anything new and exciting happens. Both my wife and I applied at the same time. PD has been very helpful with the process thus far. 

9 minutes ago, racinghart03 said:

Vernon: Submitted app December 19th. 2 of 3 References were contacted. Got a call today everything in motion HOWEVER we now needed one more reference (Thank you Phil). Was instructed to print another app, fill in ONE reference, do not need to notarize and drop back off . That has been done and I will be dropping off the additional reference info tomorrow.   I offered to prepay the permit fee increase of 150.00 (Thank you Phil again) with another money order and was told that is not necessary at this time. Will update if anything new and exciting happens. Both my wife and I applied at the same time. PD has been very helpful with the process thus far. 

You submitted prior to new bill, therefore you shouldnt need another reference. 

Just now, rockchef1 said:

I read on either another board or a different forum group that someone had to pay the increased fee amounts even after he already had submitted before the new law. 

then those people are getting hosed. Im pretty sure it states in the bill, any paperwork handed in prior, falls under old rules......which is why courts are still handling the ones they have. 

1 hour ago, Mike77 said:

You submitted prior to new bill, therefore you shouldnt need another reference. 

One would think. But the PD has been really helpful so I'm not going to rock the boat. It was an easy request and with the win today in court, PM will be so butt hurt, I'm happy to play along at this junction. 

1 hour ago, rockchef1 said:

I read on either another board or a different forum group that someone had to pay the increased fee amounts even after he already had submitted before the new law. 

I'm expecting that and then offered to pay it upfront. I was told don't worry about it at this time. 

On 1/9/2023 at 9:01 PM, JackDaWack said:

Hope mine is in there, too. 

Well, truth be told you had to start the process all over again every 2 years anyway. You didn't just submit updated qualifications, you had/have to complete an entire application everytime. 

Individual police departments will have to figure out next steps based on when each part of the new law takes effect. Just another delay. 

I am speaking about apps handed to Police Depts. put in limbo due to the inept legislature. Im not speaking of after acquiring a permit.

Isn't there a six month window for Qualifications for the application? If so after it passes don't/wouldn't you have to requalify?  

On 1/10/2023 at 10:04 AM, Carolina Native said:

Sparta took an officer off the beat so to speak and put him on full time in the office just to process CCW apps. apparently they are swamped.

• Informative 1

27 minutes ago, Bagarocks said:

I am speaking about apps handed to Police Depts. put in limbo due to the inept legislature. Im not speaking of after acquiring a permit.

Isn't there a six month window for Qualifications for the application? If so after it passes don't/wouldn't you have to requalify?  

I think I remember reading you need to qualify within 6 months of SUBMISSION of the application. So as long as that box is checked, if the mayhem causes the process to take longer than six months, the qualification will still be valid. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

I have had it with this state. received ccw september.  It came with an order I must carry on me at all times, listing 2 guns specifically.  It is impossible to stay on top of these changes. A court order is serious.  You cant just say it doesnt matter any longer because the courts are out of it.  The order advised to add a weapon I had to send in proof of purchase to the court with proof of qual and familiarization, which I did. Havent heard a word from court.  Then there is the question if you even need to add a gun to the order if the courts are out of it.  Maybe I can carry any weapon because qual may or may not even be required.  oh and get insurance, dont get insurance,  cmon this is insanity. 

I feel Bucky is winning.  At some point a good person will be jammed up.  THIS IS THIER PLAN, to make so many different requirements we get fed up and dont carry,

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Parapig said:

I have had it with this state. received ccw september.  It came with an order I must carry on me at all times, listing 2 guns specifically.  It is impossible to stay on top of these changes. A court order is serious.  You cant just say it doesnt matter any longer because the courts are out of it.  The order advised to add a weapon I had to send in proof of purchase to the court with proof of qual and familiarization, which I did. Havent heard a word from court.  Then there is the question if you even need to add a gun to the order if the courts are out of it.  Maybe I can carry any weapon because qual may or may not even be required.  oh and get insurance, dont get insurance,  cmon this is insanity. 

I feel Bucky is winning.  At some point a good person will be jammed up.  THIS IS THIER PLAN, to make so many different requirements we get fed up and dont carry,

Not the 1st post I'd write to win points on this forum. 

This is an uncomfortable transition period and I think once the lawsuits shake out and we pass July when everything is in place (in whatever form it ends up) we will have a much better picture. 

That said, I am glad I did not wait. I knew things would get munged up. 

43 minutes ago, Mike77 said:

Might have come in hot, but he ain't wrong.  If there's any place to vent about current events, this is it.  I'm sure now that he got that off his chest, it's all chill from here.  COUGHHINTCOUGH

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Mike77 said:

Are you referring to winning points with the staff? Because, if so, I think the rules here are pretty simple and reasonable! A certain amount of reasonable venting (with this admittedly frustrating and daunting system) is understandable and no one gets dinged for that. But when frustration levels run so high that a poster... goes on attack mode against other posters, starts making veiled innuendos or threats, or keeps repeating the same pointed question ad nauseum when it's been "asked & answered" multiple times already (thus clogging up the thread), etc. - well, THAT"S when staff gets involved. Basically, you have to act like a stubborn PITA to get your knuckles rapped by a staff member.  With rare exceptions, I find that most people here know how to conduct themselves like adults. 

Carry on! :D

6 hours ago, Mike77 said:

Not the 1st post I'd write 

Sorry to offend. I guess I will take my experiences and thoughts elsewhere. I didnt realize how sensative and judgemental it may be on here. Instead of open debate about a system in NJ that is  unconstitutional. 

Maybe if youre the one to get jammed up trying to exercise your 2A rights you would see it differently.

Every town, city, county is operating by different laws and standards and far beit to actually point it out on a actual gun forum.

Or even get advise other than dont carry til it shakes out in court. That is what they want.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Mike77 said:

6 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Might have come in hot, but he ain't wrong.  If there's any place to vent about current events, this is it.  I'm sure now that he got that off his chest, it's all chill from here.  COUGHHINTCOUGH

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Are you referring to winning points with the staff? Because, if so, I think the rules here are pretty simple and reasonable! A certain amount of reasonable venting (with this admittedly frustrating and daunting system) is understandable and no one gets dinged for that. But when frustration levels run so high that a poster... goes on attack mode against other posters, starts making veiled innuendos or threats, or keeps repeating the same pointed question ad nauseum when it's been "asked & answered" multiple times already (thus clogging up the thread), etc. - well, THAT"S when staff gets involved. Basically, you have to act like a stubborn PITA to get your knuckles rapped by a staff member.  With rare exceptions, I find that most people here know how to conduct themselves like adults. 

Carry on! :D

57 minutes ago, Parapig said:

Sorry to offend. I guess I will take my experiences and thoughts elsewhere. I didnt realize how sensative and judgemental it may be on here. Instead of open debate about a system in NJ that is  unconstitutional. 

Maybe if youre the one to get jammed up trying to exercise your 2A rights you would see it differently.

Every town, city, county is operating by different laws and standards and far beit to actually point it out on a actual gun forum.

Or even get advise other than dont carry til it shakes out in court. That is what they want.

What I meant was, I feel this site is full of patriots, standing up, fighting for our rights, guns in hand, ready for a battle....not curled up in a ball, in a ball admitting defeat, and giving in to what the states want. I for 1, refuse to give in, or let them think they got the better of me. 2A was created to prevent tyranny, and the government controlling the people.

10 hours ago, Parapig said:

...I feel Bucky is winning.  At some point a good person will be jammed up.  THIS IS THIER PLAN, to make so many different requirements we get fed up and dont carry,

Bucky isn't going to win this. They say jump, I say how high. At the end of the day, maybe I cant carry every gun I want the day I buy it, but I will do what they say and at least be able to exercise the right in more of an aspect than I was able to before. I was/am in the middle and yes, I got tied up since the PD asked for another reference from both my wife and me. They had it in their hands the next day. A PITA, sure, but PM isn't changing the end game for me. The more he tries, the more he will get tried. The courts will do the right thing here and someday we will look back on this as pivotal moment in history I am proud to be a part of! While I get your frustration, you are still way ahead of some of us. At least enjoy that for a little while!