GFarra31

SecureIt Gun Storage...Anyone Use These?

Hi All,

As the subject states....I am looking for a means to secure my firearms on a second floor.   Normally, I'd go a gun safe route but I am concerned about weight....for whatever reason...maybe I shouldn't care.   I realize these are not as robust as a gun safe, but I can easily conceal this in a closet so it is totally out of sight.

Anyone here have any experience with this company and their products?

https://www.secureitgunstorage.com/

Thank you, George

20 minutes ago, GFarra31 said:

Hi All,

As the subject states....I am looking for a means to secure my firearms on a second floor.   Normally, I'd go a gun safe route but I am concerned about weight....for whatever reason...maybe I shouldn't care.   I realize these are not as robust as a gun safe, but I can easily conceal this in a closet so it is totally out of sight.

Anyone here have any experience with this company and their products?

https://www.secureitgunstorage.com/

Thank you, George

Yes, I purchased an Agile 52 model three years ago for an upstairs bedroom.   I am very pleased with it in all respects except for one thing.  The combination keypad sucks.  Ie I never seem to be able to open it on the first try.  So it is not a rapid safe to open.  Aside from that am very happy with it.  Extremely customizable and stores my long guns inline for easy access.  You can get creative and make use of every nook and cranny to hold your long guns and handguns.  Weight was a consideration for me as well and this certainly met my needs. Was straight forward to assemble.  Did it by myself.  You should plan to bolt it down to the floor and wall so that it is securely in place.  When I ordered mine I also purchased three of the yellow accessory  bins, the big shelf on which I have several long guns sitting(room for ammo underneath), two of the long shelves that fit against the back wall behind the guns, and two of the handgun holders(pegs). 

I got the Agile 52 for ease of single-man transport and assembly. So far I like it a lot. I filled the rack with six long guns and put in enough bins to hold 8 handguns and extra doodads. There's plenty of room behind the rifles to stash things like mags and ammo. Depending on the length of the rifles, you can get really creative with bins, shelves, and even peg holders.

It is easy to bolt to the floor and/or wall. The main motivation is to protect from kids and so far it's perfect.

45 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

The combination keypad sucks.  Ie I never seem to be able to open it on the first try. 

The keypad buttons do have a lot of give. I notice I have to really press in and it takes a while; I concur I wouldn't use this for rapid emergency access.

It also has a lot of airflow since it's full of holes so it's important to store in a cool, dry place and/or use dehumidifiers. Though it is rigid while assembled, it is nowhere near as tough as a true safe and has no fire rating to speak of.

In general, if you want to keep your guns organized, away from kids, and where cool air can circulate, it's a great choice. My advice: buy all your accessories in advance because their shipping fees are crazy.