nooch450

Cruel and Unusual Punishment

How are the consequences for violating NJ gun law not considered cruel and unusual punishments? A punishment prohibited by the 8th amendment to the US constitution.

Think about this, someone with no criminal history who is eligible to own and purchase firearms could accidentally drop a hollow point .22lr in their truck bed, trunk, or between their seat not even realizing they did so. They are pulled over on their way home for a minor traffic violation and wind up being searched for some reason. All of a sudden, boom they are charged with "A Fourth Degree Felony Charge Punishable by 18 Months in Prison"

They loose their job, their house, their 2a rights in the entire country, they are now convicted felon for their entire life!!! Their entire life is ruined. All over something that they didn't even mean to do... All over something that is protected by their constitutional rights.

NJ gun law needs to completely dismantled!!!!

• Agree 2

On 9/12/2022 at 6:28 PM, nooch450 said:

How are the consequences for violating NJ gun law not considered cruel and unusual punishments? A punishment prohibited by the 8th amendment to the US constitution.

Think about this, someone with no criminal history who is eligible to own and purchase firearms could accidentally drop a hollow point .22lr in their truck bed, trunk, or between their seat not even realizing they did so. They are pulled over on their way home for a minor traffic violation and wind up being searched for some reason. All of a sudden, boom they are charged with "A Fourth Degree Felony Charge Punishable by 18 Months in Prison"

They loose their job, their house, their 2a rights in the entire country, they are now convicted felon for their entire life!!! Their entire life is ruined. All over something that they didn't even mean to do... All over something that is protected by their constitutional rights.

NJ gun law needs to completely dismantled!!!!

Yep, never voluntarily comply to a car/trunk search...One gives up important rights if one does so.

2 minutes ago, Combat Auto said:

Yep, never voluntarily comply to a car/trunk search...One gives up important rights if one does so.

Speaking if which, never carry your gun in a gun case or factory case.

Just seeing a gun case is probable cause to search your vehicle.

Something I learned yesterday from Mr Nappen. Just passing it along

1 minute ago, Lucky Lefty said:

Guns always in the trunk...But I do have my steel target stand in the car as they will not fit in trunk, guess I should cover them with a blanket.

2 hours ago, Lucky Lefty said:

Guitar cases.