BlownL36

New guy from Jackson Twp.

Been following this forum for some time. Finally pulled the trigger and signed up. Looking to share my knowledge and gain from you all. Avid collector and shooter. Before u ask yes I already qualified and submitted everything. Just waiting…..

• Like 2

Hello and welcome!  

Don't worry about alienating anyone.  If they take it too seriously it's their problem.  And hardly anyone here takes the delicious, salty breakfast meat, known as PORK ROLL, too seriously!  :)

So, you what do you collect?  

Am I to take the moniker to mean you have an affinity for GM engines?  Color me intrigued.....

@gleninjersey thank you. I collect WW1 & WW2 rifles and pistols. Yes I probably have it. I have my FFL C&R Type 03. I enjoy collecting. My prize piece is a 1918 Colt 1911. She’s a beauty. Or maybe the 1945 Springfield M1 Garand? Maybe the 1926 Mosin? Nah probably the 1941 38H. Or the 1943 K98K. Possibly the 1944 browning hipower. Ok it’s the 1938 Luger. You got me. None of my foreign firearms have import marks. Numbers matching as numbers matching. For the german firearms all the waffen marks are visible . As for my 1918 .45. It’s never been back to an armory. Ive the rifles and pistols appraised and I was shocked at the value. As far as the username, man your good. Im a GM BOY. The L36 was supercharged. Took the M90 off the L67. She was fast and fun. 333hp/358tq. Lots of engine/trans work to attain that.  the plate is on my newer none GM car. Won’t let it go. 

Edited by BlownL36
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like a very nice collection.  There are no favorites.  lol.  

My past three vehicles have been Pontiac Grand Prixs.  Current ride is a 04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G (L32 engine).  I was trying REALLY hard to get a two door 3800 Super Charged Series II but couldn't find any in decent shape.  Current ride needs some work but it's (slowly) getting there.

Wife's car is an 04 GMC Yukon Denali.  I like older GM vehicles.  Newer ones, not so much.

• Agree 1

Welcome fellow CJR&P Pork Roll member!! I have a C&R for 25 or so years. My first 3 vehicles in life were a 66 Chevey Impala SS convertible, Cherry, bought it in 71 for 695.00!!!  traded it in for a cherry 69 Pontiac Grand Prix with 400. That thing could friggin fly!!! Then a 74 Chevy blazer 4x4 NEW for 3100.00 out the door!

Then ordered a custom 76 grand prix with 400. Those fly days were over.

Now collect US Military, In safes at one time 39 Garands and 27 1911s. US&S, REM-UMCs 2 of those. End of story.

• Agree 1

Thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate it all! @gleninjersey I love my 04.5 Chevy Duramax. Older gm here too. The Grand Prix was a 2002. @JohnnyB I’ll keep my eye out for u! Now for the CJRPC guys, if you hear something that sounds like a 747 in the gun club, it’s not a low flying plane….it’s just me coming in the Duramax to get off a few rounds! 

• Haha 2