bennj

Can I sell hollow point ammo in NJ?

Good evening,

I am familiar with what is stated on the NJSP website regarding restrictions on hollow point ammo. My question is if it's permissible to sell it to an eligible person in NJ. If so, I know I would have to post it in the guns for sale section, I'm not trying to circumvent that here, so no pms please. If it is permitted to sell it, I presume it would have to be at a range? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks in advance for any info

Yes - I'm assuming it's handgun ammo?  Buyer would just need a FID.  

Doesn't need to be transferred at a range or other accepted location - You're allowed to possess them at home or your own property.  You're also allowed to transport from place of purchase to your own home/property.  Place of purchase could be your home/property - and the buyer could then transport it home (or to the range if they so choose)

https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/transport-hollowpoint.shtml

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Yes - I'm assuming it's handgun ammo?  Buyer would just need a FID.  

Doesn't need to be transferred at a range or other accepted location - You're allowed to possess them at home or your own property.  You're also allowed to transport from place of purchase to your own home/property.  Place of purchase could be your home/property - and the buyer could then transport it home (or to the range if they so choose)

https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/transport-hollowpoint.shtml

The one thing you can't do legally is transport it to a place to meet the buyer if that place is not an exempt location, such as a range.

• Agree 2