NICS Wait time

There were 2,922 checks in the NJ queue this morning. Does that piss you off? How'd you like to be in Oregon? 36,000+ and counting!

Ore-GUN: Firearm sales stay strong after court rulings, 36K background checks delayed – Bearing Arms

Damn. NJ IS fucking with you guys. 

My buddy bought a pistol yesterday, I was standing there when he filled out and submitted his electronic 4473. NICS check took less than 2 minutes to come through after they hit ‘submit’. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bomber said:

Stupid question here:

Can an FFL start the NICS application without you showing up in person if they have all your info, thus saving a second trip?

"Can" and "is it legal" are not necessarily the same thing. I would say take it offline with your FFL.

17 hours ago, Bomber said:

Stupid question here:

Can an FFL start the NICS application without you showing up in person if they have all your info, thus saving a second trip?

Not a stupid just stupid laws as demonstrated earlier today.  I guess they all have their own approach but I think the consensus is two trips. Several years when I had an FFL that would start the NICS and then let you come in when approved and do the paper work. That’s is when it was pushed out to a few hours wait time instead of the now standard 3 – 7 day wait time. That FFL retired.

I never understood why we have to fill out an application to purchase a handgun and then wait for it to be issued only to then essentially do it all over again at the point of sale, its total bullshit. Let’s see if the new law and new fees speed-up the snail paced NJ NICS system LOL

Edited by M1152
typos
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

I think you need to be logged in to get that information.

No, you don't. I watch it all the time. It appears some mornings they just don't post it for one reason or another.

• Thanks 1