Lucky Lefty

ANJRPC or CNJFO thought and opinions please

Hello all,

I am currently a member of US Law Shield, and would like to support the 2a movement within NJ as well.

The 2 groups I am looking at, with Life memberships, would be ANJRPC and CNJFO. I would eventually like to be a member of both, but at the moment I have budgeted enough to join one or the other.

I would like to hear so opinions on both organizations. Which do you feel is really at the front line of the fight for our rights? Where would you spend your hard earned money, and why?

I have been doing a lot of research and figured I'd ask this group, and upon searching the forums I didn't find a topic specifically about this.

I do see quite a bit of contempt and disappointment shared amongst the interwebs when it comes to the NRA and ANJRPC. Is this justified? 

I want to contribute, I want to help, I want to see our 2a rights prevail. 

So, why CNJFO before ANJRPC.. or vice versa?

I share your concern with the current state of the NRA; that being said, I believe ANJRPC is a viable organization on its own that has effective advocacy in NJ *despite* their NRA ties.

Since you're a member of US Law Shield, you're paying ~$150 annually in fees.  About another $100 annually will get you a membership to BOTH ANJRPC and CNJFO.

If you have to choose only one, then I'd give a slight nod to ANJRPC as they are more established, (and if you're in Northern NJ, access to the Cherry Ridge range is worthwhile), however CNJFO also does good work.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 1:23 PM, Lucky Lefty said:

Hello all,

I am currently a member of US Law Shield, and would like to support the 2a movement within NJ as well.

The 2 groups I am looking at, with Life memberships, would be ANJRPC and CNJFO. I would eventually like to be a member of both, but at the moment I have budgeted enough to join one or the other.

I would like to hear so opinions on both organizations. Which do you feel is really at the front line of the fight for our rights? Where would you spend your hard earned money, and why?

I have been doing a lot of research and figured I'd ask this group, and upon searching the forums I didn't find a topic specifically about this.

I do see quite a bit of contempt and disappointment shared amongst the interwebs when it comes to the NRA and ANJRPC. Is this justified? 

I am a member of both ANJRPC and CNJFO (also a CNJFO Board member).  Both orgs are on the frontlines fighting the fight.  ANJRPC's strikeforce has been doing great work trying to keep municipalities and counties in line.  There's lawsuits fighting the Mag cap, AWB, and more.  CNJFO is right there supporting the ANJRPC's fights, as well as helping fund additional fights - Jay Factor's Case #087269 is working on getting rid of the individual case-by-case review for approval of NJ Carry Permits.  

Ultimately - it's your decision where to donate - it will all go to a great cause.  The ANJRPC is NJ's NRA affiliate - they're the big dogs in the room...  CNJFO - we're the largest and busiest 2A Grassroots org in the state.  

Stepping into the CNJFO role for a bit - we could definitely use the help!  We're all volunteers in this org - so people stepping up to go to events, or even help with planning, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2022 at 1:23 PM, Lucky Lefty said:

Hello all,

@Lucky Lefty I'm a member of both organizations. I'm the CNJFO Vice President and a fellow Board member with @Krdshrk.

Asking which one to join is almost like asking to pick which child to throw into the volcano, lol.

Both organizations have a niche. CNJFO supports firearms education in a BIG way. Tonight Krdshrk and I will be at the Union Hill Gun Club on Union Hill Road in Monroe Twp., NJ to instruct new shooters from all walks of life how to safely handle and shoot pistols and rifles at Tony Simon's "The 2nd is for Everyone: Diversity Shoot". A commitment which dates back to almost the beginning of Simon's efforts about 7-8 years ago. Tony's website needs a bit of updating, but you can tell he's the real deal:  https://www.DiversityShoot.com .

CNJFO ran a sold-out Youth Educational Program last Saturday (also at Union Hill GC). CNJFO supports The DC Project - Women for gun rights, a national group of women firearm owners that goes to Washington, DC and pounds on doors to let Legislators know that bad gun laws hurt legal gun owners by restricting gun rights and the bad guys don't follow gun laws EVER. CNJFO partners with several state and national organizations to provide both a voice and funding for ongoing lawsuits. We're currently running a "Matching Funds" Campaign for Jay Factor's case as Krdshrk mentioned. That's just the tip of the iceberg!

ANJRPC's niche is more on the legal / lawsuit side of things in addition to running the Cherry Ridge Range in Highland Lakes, NJ. ANJRPC members get to call lawyers on retainer to ask questions and get answers. They have a paid staffer that attends every gun hearing in Trenton. They publish "News & Briefs" 6x a year, and one copy gets mailed to you every two months with your membership. CNJFO is proud to partner with ANJRPC as a "Member Club", and we advertise in News & Briefs. ANJRPC was the beneficiary of CNJFO's very first "Matching Funds" Campaign to raise legal expense monies for their Rogers lawsuit. $5,500 was donated (see photo).

As @DirtyDigz said, you really should be a member of both great organizations.

Not everyone is on Facebook, but if you are (or know someone who is), check us out at https://www.facebook.com/cnjfo 

Dave "Rosey" Rosenthal, VP

https://www.cnjfo.com/join-us 

May be an image of 3 people and people standing

• Like 4