Barms

new storm developing gonna POUND the gulf.. then up to us..

7 hours ago, siderman said:

The western drift has tentatively taken me out of the literal eye but oh boy, that northeast quadrant is going to be rough heading up the coast. 

I have a sister that lives in the "northeast quadrant" (Clearwater) and she is scrambling to get ready.

17 hours ago, dilbert1967 said:

I have a sister that lives in the "northeast quadrant" (Clearwater) and she is scrambling to get ready.

Im about an hour North, we'll be sharing the same hurt. Looks like Ian is turning back in towards us. Heck, I may even get the landfall. Done everything I can to prep, let the fun begin.

Ian made landfall just after 3PM as a cat 4 - watching live streams - Fort Myers Beach and Sanibel Island are donezo.  Eyewall is pushing storm surge up the Caloosahatchee River causing massive flooding in Fort Myers.  

Still a Cat4 as it moves inland 2 hours later...

6 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

I guess they'll keep reporting in this manner until one of them is killed and their family sues their network into oblivion, assuming the reporters don't sign a waiver stating they're doing this on their own stupidity.

1 hour ago, FXDX said:

I see that it didn't take long to go after DeSantis on the Reddit NJ , what a disgrace..

They missed the other part of that story.

"In one of his first official acts, U.S. Rep. Ron DeSantis voted against a bill to provide $9.7 billion in flood insurance aid for Hurricane Sandy victims.

"The problem with the Sandy package was, if you look at it, only 30 percent of it was going to be spent in the first two years," DeSantis said in an interview recently at his St. Augustine office. "It actually appropriated money out to 2020 and 2021, things that could not in any way be said to be emergency spending. It just was so much extraneous stuff."

"If a hurricane came here, I would want any relief plan to be fiscally responsible," he said. " would not want to add extra things and say that because this is a vehicle that's moving, let's try to Christmas tree it out."

• Like 1