EdF

WTB: Gun Safe

Just a heads up on what i went with.  I cant lift a real safe so I went with one that is simple to put together anywhere in your house and comes back apart if you need it to.  Check out the Snapsafe Super Titan. They make a smaller version too called the Titan.   Works great for me and will stop standard burgulars.  I think I paid 1200 for it back a few years ago.  Just checked and this one is 2200 at Midway.  Way better than a metal cabinet.

snapsafesupertitan.jpg

The old Sportsmen’s Center on Rt 130 Bordentown NJ has safes, at least they did last time I was there. I say the old Sportsmen’s center because they use to have the entire property but it appears its sub divided now. I went in there to purchase a Henry Lever action and noticed they had a bunch of safes, that was a few years ago. If you're interested call them first to make sure they are up and running. when I was there it appeared to be a one man operation

https://www.henryusa.com/dealer-location/sportsmens-center/

4 hours ago, FXDX said:

The old Sportsmen’s Center on Rt 130 Bordentown NJ has safes, at least they did last time I was there. I say the old Sportsmen’s center because they use to have the entire property but it appears its sub divided now. I went in there to purchase a Henry Lever action and noticed they had a bunch of safes, that was a few years ago. If you're interested call them first to make sure they are up and running. when I was there it appeared to be a one man operation

https://www.henryusa.com/dealer-location/sportsmens-center/

i heard that they don't have their archery range upstairs anymore? true?

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

i heard that they don't have their archery range upstairs anymore? true?

sorry don’t know, I think years ago the archery range was outside. I remember seeing if from the road. Last time I was in SC it looked like they divided the complex up into a bunch of smaller stores. I went in ordered my Henry (that is when I seen all the safes) and returned a few days later to pick it up without viewing the rest of the complex.  It was a great store and I always liked Sportsmen Center and the old Harry’s Army-Navy but basically both are gone. Harry’s morphed into  Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters and Sportsmen Center is a fraction of what it used to be.

Sportmans center is no more; gone..

About 2014-ish it started going down hill fast. Late 2017 it was nearly empty with almost nothing on display to sell. Closed up shortly after that, probably end of 2017. Its a thrift shop now. So sad to see it die like that. It was such a busy and happening place back when i got into hunting and guns in the early 90's. The annual Whitetail Jamboree was a huge attraction and event..

The right end of the building still has the safe business, as that was a seperate stand alone business. And N&B marine is still on the left side of the building.