SJ Guns

FARS status online?

I applied for P2Ps about 8 weeks ago through NJSP and was told that they were taking 3 weeks to issue.  I realize Bruen really clogged up the system so I'm not especially surprised that it's been 8 weeks but I would like to know how much longer I should expect to wait.

I bought my next gun and it's waiting for my permit - back when I thought the gun and permit would come in about the same time.

So I'm sure I know the answer but is there any way to check the status of a permit submitted through the FARS system?

I've already emailed the trooper in charge of permits a couple of times.  He's been very helpful and very responsive every time I've done permits in the past but I'm not even getting an email back this time and my first email was probably 3 weeks ago.

There is no online status that mortals have access to.

Did you pay for the permits? My town will not proceed until they get the $2 per permit.

You should get an email when your refs submit and again when the background check is complete.

Sometimes, the emails get caught up in spam filters.

Every town is different. Some towns turn around permits in a couple weeks, some take months. NJSP is known for taking longer than local police.

I applied for my latest round of permits this morning. My town used to take about 5-6 weeks before Bruen. Let's see what happens this time.

Good luck.

Brick township took 6 weeks to issue my p2p, 12 months ago they took 9 weeks. Brick now makes you to pay for the permits up front before they process them, 12 months ago they didn’t ask for the 2 bucks until the permit was ready. Even though the fars site says they send the collected 2 bucks to your local PD.