tech610

Unable to enroll into US Law Shield

I would like to find out if anyone had recent success to enroll into US Law Shield program.

I first tried to enroll in March 2022. I went through the online enrolment but I never get a confirmation of enrolment and my credit card was never charged. 

I called their support and I was advised to try again later, maybe some kind of a glitch on their website.  I tried again in a few days later and nothing happened again.

So I made another attempt on 9/15/22 and I got exactly the same result: my enrollment didn't go through. This time I followed the onscreen advice and sent an email to [email protected]. I did not get any answer from them still. My email did not bounce so I know that it was delivered. 

At this point, if what happened is any indication of a future service provided from USLawShiled  I'm not even sure that I want them. 

They are heavily  advertised on ANRPC (I'm a member) , GunForHire and Evan Nappen.

I decided to get advice here first before I call USLawShield again and also ask ANRPC for help.

Thank you.

I tried to enroll in July and had some issues with the website. I called and had them do it over the phone and received the welcome letter about a week later. IMHO it’s worth it with the ANRPC membership. A few people were recently trashing it in another sub-forum but since there are two sides to every story I'll give US Law shied the benefit of the doubt 

37 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

What is the benefit woth ANJRPC? As a member I'm interested and was looking at US Law and Sheild. 

it was a % off and two months free IIRC. I don’t remember if that was a limited time offer or not. You’ll obviously need your ANRPC member # to get it whatever benefit is currently being offered.  I also added the out-of-state coverage add-on.

• Informative 1

41 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

just outa curiousity........is there a possibility that we can't access the website here due to philthy phlils ban on insurance?

That is also my suspicion.  I've been getting their emails since my first attempt to sign up in March. We can access their website alright, it is just it wouldn't let you enroll.

What I'm really unhappy about is that nobody at USLawShield answered my email about my problem getting signed up online. It may sound petty to some people, but it makes me wonder how responsive will they be when I really need to speak to one of their lawyers.

I'm pretty sure that if I call them or escalate to ANJCRP that I will get enrolled that way, but it would be nice if someone there answered my email, so I can hear from them directly.

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

just outa curiousity........is there a possibility that we can't access the website here due to philthy phlils ban on insurance?

Nope, its likely some local network issue like a browser issue or add-on like a ad-blocker. Just logged in and no problems.

but you're correct on the insurance,  its only legal help for nj

edit:

just to be clear I only had a website issue with the initial sign up process. It went through the sign-up procedure but it never charged my credit card. Once I realized I didn’t get a credit card alert that’s when I called and had them do it..

Yes, that is exactly what happened to me. I tried to sign up using different browsers and I also tried it using my android tablet. The enrollment failed on all of them. I'll have to call them and have them to do it for me. 

It would be nice though to get someone from them to answer my email.  Failure to answer your potential customer email is usually an indicator of a poor customer service. I hope their support of existing customers is up to their advertising. Unfortunately being in NJ there isn't much choice.

26 minutes ago, tech610 said:

It would be nice though to get someone from them to answer my email.  Failure to answer your potential customer email is usually an indicator of a poor customer service. I hope their support of existing customers is up to their advertising. Unfortunately being in NJ there isn't much choice.

I’ve emailed them with a couple of (stupid) questions and found them very responsive. 

3 hours ago, FXDX said:

Nope, its likely some local network issue like a browser issue or add-on like a ad-blocker. Just logged in and no problems.

but you're correct on the insurance,  its only legal help for nj

edit:

just to be clear I only had a website issue with the initial sign up process. It went through the sign-up procedure but it never charged my credit card. Once I realized I didn’t get a credit card alert that’s when I called and had them do it..

I've been a member of US Law Shield for four years.  It is not insurance.  It's classified as a legal defense fund.  Their 800 number for legal assistance is monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

I attended a Law Shield presentation given by Evan Nappien in South River several months ago and he was carrying the phone with the 800 number.  It rang during the presentation so I know the methodology is real and it works.

Joined successfully over the phone this morning.

I asked the lady who did my enrolment, why I couldn't do it through the website and she said that they have a new system and they are still fine tuning it. 

I've used my ANJRPC promocode and they asked for my membership number which I think is good.  

Thanks again to all who contributed to my question.