1LtCAP

antron brown

Thanks for posting that. Coincidentally I started watching NHRA again this season after a long hiatus.

Antron seems like a gentleman and a real stand-up guy. Even in the short end-of-strip interviews.

6 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Thanks for posting that. Coincidentally I started watching NHRA again this season after a long hiatus.

Antron seems like a gentleman and a real stand-up guy. Even in the short end-of-strip interviews.

most of these racers seem that way. he was one of the first to not take all the credit for a good run(like everyone does now). the only nhra racers i don't much care for are steve torrence, cause he seems kinda temperamental, and erica enders for the same reason. favorite though is john force.

but back to brown. he's always been down to earth andis good at what he does. and i think he's from jersey.

• Agree 1

I think it was four weekends ago that two top fuels were waiting to start up and hit the water box when one of them had an issue starting. The other team, instead of forcing the issue (which I gather they could have) and making a solo run, waited for the other team to get the engine going.

Surprise, surprise. I think it was two weeks later the same two cars were about to start, only now the roles were reversed. And of course the one team returned the favor and waited for the other to start. Which turned out to be a big deal, because the team that waited was beaten and eliminated by the team they waited for. It's not often you see real sportsmanship like that in competition.

Sorry I can't remember their names. I'm a casual fan and I don't commit all the details to memory for long.

Force is an absolute trip. I tend to root for the women. (Reverse misogyny?) I do seem to lean in for Alexis in the Bandero Premium Tequila - ROKIT car. (Now I sound like an announcer!) Can't say why. And I give Erica her due, since she spent at least 10 years wandering in the no-wins desert, and now is dominant in her class. And since Brittany last weekend just set the all time top fuel speed record I have to give her a hat tip too. (In fact I think they just said she and her team own the top ten slots?)

Hey, maybe you know. Is Jerry Savoie Angelle Sampey's ex? I do remember when she was Angelle Savoie. Seems like too much of a coincidence.

Antron is a local guy, he grew up a few miles from me in Chesterfield here in Burlington county. The whole family is the most down to earth good people you can meet. His grandma was the Matriarch of the family and just recently passed away. They have been and still are a drag racing family for a longggggg time.. 

11 hours ago, 45Doll said:

I think it was four weekends ago that two top fuels were waiting to start up and hit the water box when one of them had an issue starting. The other team, instead of forcing the issue (which I gather they could have) and making a solo run, waited for the other team to get the engine going.

Surprise, surprise. I think it was two weeks later the same two cars were about to start, only now the roles were reversed. And of course the one team returned the favor and waited for the other to start. Which turned out to be a big deal, because the team that waited was beaten and eliminated by the team they waited for. It's not often you see real sportsmanship like that in competition.

Sorry I can't remember their names. I'm a casual fan and I don't commit all the details to memory for long.

Force is an absolute trip. I tend to root for the women. (Reverse misogyny?) I do seem to lean in for Alexis in the Bandero Premium Tequila - ROKIT car. (Now I sound like an announcer!) Can't say why. And I give Erica her due, since she spent at least 10 years wandering in the no-wins desert, and now is dominant in her class. And since Brittany last weekend just set the all time top fuel speed record I have to give her a hat tip too. (In fact I think they just said she and her team own the top ten slots?)

Hey, maybe you know. Is Jerry Savoie Angelle Sampey's ex? I do remember when she was Angelle Savoie. Seems like too much of a coincidence.

you see this all the time. if you go back a few weeks,  tim wilkerson had a devastating explosion. he's got minimal team support. he is his own tuner, which is rare. multiple other teams came to his assistance to make the car ready for the next round.

yea....force has almost ALWAYS made time for fans....'specially the kids. and to watch his interviews is uummm.....entertaining.

i don't have too much interest in dejoria. she's another driver, but as the rest, she's always a good sport about things.

brittany's seemed a bit off in her camera appearances the last two races. not sure why. she just didn't seem like her normal excited self.

i'm not sure about savoie/sampey. i would imagine you're on point, cause that's not a very common name.

sportsmanship like this is one of my favorite things about nhra.

4 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

How is that track facility? That would be my obvious choice to attend one more event.

i've never been there.....but i do believe kyle koretskys family just bought that track, and according to most all of the drivers they've already made a ton of improvements.

i remember when both nhra and ihra used to come to atco.

7 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

you see this all the time. if you go back a few weeks,  tim wilkerson had a devastating explosion. he's got minimal team support. he is his own tuner, which is rare. multiple other teams came to his assistance to make the car ready for the next round.

Yes, I did see that. I recall they had about 20 guys from five different teams (who had been knocked out) working on his car to get it ready, and supplying parts he didn't have in his inventory! I don't think there's any other U.S. sport that can point to that kind of 'competition'. It's like they're all really there to further the sport and for the love of racing. Not just for self-inflation.

4 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

but i do believe kyle koretskys family just bought that track, and according to most all of the drivers they've already made a ton of improvements.

OK, if that's the Koretsky family's track, then yes it was a big upgrade. I did see that race.

10 hours ago, 45Doll said:

How is that track facility? That would be my obvious choice to attend one more event.

Pro Stock Racer Kyle Koretsky and family bought the track this year.....

They are dumping tons of money into it and have a 5 year plan for improvements..... Even this year alone..... the difference was visable.

This will be a Premier track in the Northeast 

• Like 1