I was never a fan of buis, not due to the sight but rather to my crappy eye sight, peep with a front post was a challenge so I would never use them. Enter an M1 Garand, now I forced myself to use them and I found I was actually adequate with my Garand, no 500 yard hits but have been very happy with hitting an 8” plate at 150 yards.

So I start looking for buis for my ar, tried a few cheap set ups but not as good with them as I am with the Garand, opened up a Midway promo email and browsed the deep discount aisle, found these for a deep discount, Ultradyne C2 Sight Set… They had good reviews so I bought them, mounted, zero’d and was very impressed, I’m sure there is a medical explanation but having the two aperture’s allows your eye to relax and focus on the target through the front aperture. Amazing how it worked with my tired eyes. Line up the holes to your point of impact and squeeze.

For a $115 to my door it was a great investment, so much so that I took off my strike eagle and just run the Ultradyne sights, very fun to just run the irons.

• Informative 1