1 hour ago, samiam said:

After reviewing the bill a little more, it's even worse than I thought. I ASS-U-MEd that it applied to PtC. This applies to issuing FID and PtP! So they are trying to prempt carry by putting what they evvidently hope are insurmountable barriers to PURCHASE of ANY firearm. Are they really stupid enough to believe that this is a viable end-around to Bruen by virtue of the fact that it isn't directed squarely at CARRY? :dontknow:

Yes.  I read it this morning and it is for the ID cards too, which everyone will need to renew now.  Sadly, I don't see these so-called "common sense" measures stopping.

3 hours ago, samiam said:

After reviewing the bill a little more, it's even worse than I thought. I ASS-U-MEd that it applied to PtC. This applies to issuing FID and PtP! So they are trying to prempt carry by putting what they evvidently hope are insurmountable barriers to PURCHASE of ANY firearm. Are they really stupid enough to believe that this is a viable end-around to Bruen by virtue of the fact that it isn't directed squarely at CARRY? :dontknow:

They are by no means stupid and they know exactly what they are doing and are extremely well funded. they are trying to buy time. probably the death of a SC justice

So now that they have fired their first volley are the 2A groups preparing a correct lawsuit to submit the second this is signed,  getting the right litigants who will/have be harmed  like in the new lawsuit in NY.   I hope Anthony and Nappan talk about this on this weeks podcast

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 9:12 AM, samiam said:

...the hysterical, blatantly unconstutional response to Bruen from the Trenton ass-clowns:

A4717 Summary

A4717 text

These are some draconian laws that need to be challenged if they pass.  Double FBI NICS checks are not enough to satisfy them?. Now they not only want a psych evaluation but a home inspection.for firearm owners??????  This is crazy stuff folks,

• Agree 1

On 10/14/2022 at 3:33 PM, samiam said:

Well-funded I can believe. And if they don't achieve their ends, that's fine, because in that case some despicable, anti-Liberty a$$hole is flushing massive wads of his money down the toilet. The more of that that happens, the better. .

We are funding them.  Especially if they get their absurd raise from $2 to $200 application fee fee for conceal carry permit applications.  They could care less about the money.  It's firearm owners money.  They laugh as they sign the bills knowing we are funding the fight against ourselves.

They know it can takes years, or many decades in ithe case of "Good / Justifiable Need",  for laws to be overturned or struck down.  So yes, they could be playing a very long waiting game for someone (especially Judge Thomas) to resign or pass away.

They dont' care about the Supreme Court, it's recent ruling or the Constituion in genearl and the 2nd Amendment in particular.  This is The People's Republic of New Jersey.  They've trampled all over citizens 2nd Amendment rights for decades and gotten away with it with ZERO ramifications for themselves.  You didn't think they were just going to follow the law did you?  Why should they start now?

• Agree 3

On 10/13/2022 at 2:07 PM, father-of-three said:

Yes.  I read it this morning and it is for the ID cards too, which everyone will need to renew now.  

^^^ This is incorrect under the present version of the Bill:

”A firearms purchaser identification card issued prior to the effective date of P.L.2022, c.58 shall not expire.”

“I’m a gun owner. I enjoy my guns often, but I enjoyed the right to have those guns and to use them responsibly,” Democratic Assembly member and bill sponsor Joe Danielsen said. “This bill provides zero conflict.”

What gun range lets this guy be a member? 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bushmaster1313 said:

^^^ This is incorrect under the present version of the Bill:

”A firearms purchaser identification card issued prior to the effective date of P.L.2022, c.58 shall not expire.”

Correct. It was a previous bill, now law, that I misread for ID cards issued after 7-4-2022 that expire after 10 years.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/10/25/barr-sheriffs-leading-resistance-to-unconstitutional-gun-control-and-covid-mandates/

We know Scott Bach and others have lawsuits que'd up as well as temporary restraining order requests. In addition I like the idea of engaging sheriffs, ask them to uphold their constitutional duty.

On 10/24/2022 at 11:54 AM, Lostboy said:

“I’m a gun owner. I enjoy my guns often, but I enjoyed the right to have those guns and to use them responsibly,” Democratic Assembly member and bill sponsor Joe Danielsen said. “This bill provides zero conflict.”

What gun range lets this guy be a member? 

So this Danielsen guy,  since he is a NJ gun owner there is a 99.9% chance he has a NJ FID card,  did he answer "yes" to question 30 on the application.   if not he falsified his application.     what town is he from,  does the chief know that he falsified his application.

good question on the gun range,   if he is the range should drop him or increase his dues accordingly. 

• Agree 1