M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

37 minutes ago, marlintag said:

Holsters with straps.......ridiculous.

The actual wording in the bill will matter…but right now I’d argue that my holster has a retention strap.  It’s made by Safariland, and it retains my holster on my strong side. 

59 minutes ago, 10X said:

The actual wording in the bill will matter…but right now I’d argue that my holster has a retention strap.  It’s made by Safariland, and it retains my holster on my strong side. 

Most likely they're referring to Level 3 retention like some police officers are required to have.  These holsters are big and bulky and are very limited on the guns they support... which is absolutely ridiculous. 

SAF_6360_Duty-color-black-finish-stx-pla

2 hours ago, Bomber said:

Striking down the mag and AWB bans are more important in a way. IMO

CC in N.J. is and will likely remain a legal minefield.  

Isn’t ANJRPC’s suit regarding magazine capacity to go back to fifteen rounds? I thought that’s what I heard Scott Bach say on GFH Radio. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FairbanksRusty said:

Isn’t ANJRPC’s suit regarding magazine capacity to go back to fifteen rounds? I thought that’s what I heard Scott Bach say on GFH Radio. 

I sure as hell hope not! 15 round mags are NOT standard capacity!

47 minutes ago, FairbanksRusty said:

Arbitrary numbers. You should be able to possess and CARRY any magazine capacity you can get for your firearm. 

The state doesn’t have the authority to pick a number out of their ass and call it the mag capacity limit. 

The AWB and restricted mags will fall. And soon. 

Thank St. Thomas! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, FairbanksRusty said:

I think that was the initial thought but they may have revisited that and changed back to standard cap AKA no limit. You just knew  they were going to go into full meltdown with just the idea that conceal carry could become a reality in NJ for the people.

This is just me thinking out loud but I think its all connected. If the AWB is about to fall this could be their way of striking back in advance,. Instead of going after real crime or  fixing property taxes, wasteful state spending and all the damage Murphy and all his cronies did during the scamdemic they focus on a non-existent problems like conceal carry.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, FXDX said:

Instead of going after real crime or  fixing property taxes, wasteful state spending and all the damage Murphy and all his cronies did during the scamdemic they focus on a non-existent problems like conceal carry.

Understand the Leftist mentality.

To them crushing taxes, crime or out of control government spending are not a problem.

Honest citizens exercising their constitutional rights? Now THATS a problem!

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Bomber said:

Honest citizens exercising their constitutional rights? Now THATS a problem!

Thanks for making my point, again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW it appears there was a small window open to register to Testify but they aren't going to want that so it was closed. I wonder if any of the 2A groups were able to register?  

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/live-proceedings/2022-10-17-10:00:00/AJU/Meeting/register-to-testify

Edited by FXDX
added link

2 hours ago, FXDX said:

Thanks for making my point, again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW it appears there was a small window open to register to Testify but they aren't going to want that so it was closed. I wonder if any of the 2A groups were able to register?  

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/live-proceedings/2022-10-17-10:00:00/AJU/Meeting/register-to-testify

why do they have to register? isn't it their 1st amendment right to be heard? you shouldn't have to register(yeayeayea i know) to exercise a right.

just show up and speak the truth. that's what they need to be doing.

27 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

why do they have to register? isn't it their 1st amendment right to be heard? you shouldn't have to register(yeayeayea i know) to exercise a right.

just show up and speak the truth. that's what they need to be doing.

agree, I went to one once and seen Mr C of GFH grill a few politicians

There are ways to carry other than holsters;  Think purses or tactical shoulder bags.  What if you choose to not use a holster at all, or would that not be allowed. The whole retention strap thing is ridiculous.  But then so is the rest of it.  Just when you thought you were making real progress you get gobsmacked upside the face.

6 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

When ever a unconstitutional bill or law gets passed, Then gets overturned later the bill sponsors should incarcerated with a minimum  of 5 years in prison and no parole.

I’d rather see them get hung for treason. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, silverado427 said:

When ever a unconstitutional bill or law gets passed, Then gets overturned later the bill sponsors should incarcerated with a minimum  of 5 years in prison and no parole.

and made to reimburse whatever organization/people paid for lawyers. with interest.

This is a strange law being proposed. The  NJ proposal says that you can't carry in your car or to any public or private property.  Public and Private property are everywhere and if you can carry in your car, then you can't carry anywhere.  Even roads/highways are public property and all restaurants food establishments, supermarkets, coffee shops, beauty parlors, gyms, medical offices and ice cream shops are private property.  I can see the courts overturning such a law. It goes against the recent supreme court ruling and is clearly unconstitutional.  As for insurance Murphy banned buying private firearm liability insurance a couple of years back. The lawsuits will be soon filed if this goes into law.

4 hours ago, samiam said:

"from $2" HOW IS THAT??? I never saw that amount mentioned in anything related to my permit application. I had to submit a money order for $50 payable to the NJ Treasurer.  I understand that I may be assessed anoth $20 court fee is my permit is granted. $200 does sucks and is almost certainly in violation of Bruen, but I don't get the $2 figure at all. 

Someone likely got that $2 figure from the fee paid to local PD for the $2 for each permit to purchase a handgun. As you know that was for the old hard copy permit(s) in triplicate which is now processed online via FARS. The state loves their paperwork

Simply amazing.  Bruin says explicitly the entire island of manhattan can’t be a sensitive place so what does NJ do?  They make the entire state of NJ a sensitive place.  I don’t think with that list of restrictions there is any place you can actually legally carry.  None lol

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Carolina Native said:

There are ways to carry other than holsters;  Think purses or tactical shoulder bags.  What if you choose to not use a holster at all, or would that not be allowed. The whole retention strap thing is ridiculous.  But then so is the rest of it.  Just when you thought you were making real progress you get gobsmacked upside the face.

The retention strap is a non starter even with a holster. If you have a gun with a backstrap safety like a 1911 or Springfield XD it actually defeats that feature with the strap 

On 10/14/2022 at 6:00 PM, Krdshrk said:

Most likely they're referring to Level 3 retention like some police officers are required to have.  These holsters are big and bulky and are very limited on the guns they support... which is absolutely ridiculous. 

SAF_6360_Duty-color-black-finish-stx-pla

11 hours ago, Bellasdaddy said:

who even thought that one up???

I'm still trying to figure out that one. The bill states "   For purposes of this section, "holster" means a device or sheath that secures a handgun which, at a minimum, is equipped with a retention strap, conceals and protects the main body of the firearm, maintains the firearm in a consistent and accessible position, and renders the trigger covered and inaccessible while the handgun is fully seated in the holster. "

I read that as Level 2 retention or level 3 retention and at a minimum a thumb break strap? The thumb break strap appears to be the minimum but, I'm not sure. 

2 minutes ago, samiam said:

Speaking of overt "printing", in their haste to make carry meaningless in NJ, these a$$clowns appear to have neglected to prohibit open carry, which is permitted under current regulations. Or did I miss something?

The fact is the law will likely pass as it is currently written which means "thumb break" or level 2 holsters which also means they are forcing us to "print" somewhat. We can negate this in the winter months with a jacket but, all other seasons we are going to print...

33 minutes ago, marlintag said:

The fact is the law will likely pass as it is currently written which means "thumb break" or level 2 holsters which also means they are forcing us to "print" somewhat. We can negate this in the winter months with a jacket but, all other seasons we are going to print...

Printing isnt against the law. It's still concealed.