M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

I emailed all of the state congresscritters; the email address lists in the ANJRPC link make it easy.  Take a moment and do it!

I sent the following:

Vote NO on this unconstitutional bill that does nothing to address crime.  The recent Supreme Court Bruen decision (please read it!) states:

“The constitutional right to bear arms in public for self-defense is not ‘a second-class right, subject to an entirely different body of rules than the other Bill of Rights guarantees,’”  “We know of no other constitutional right that an individual may exercise only after demonstrating to government officers some special need. That is not how the First Amendment works when it comes to unpopular speech or the free exercise of religion. …And it is not how the Second Amendment works when it comes to public carry for self-defense.”

Every clause of A4769/S3214 is in clear violation of the Supreme Court ruling. I do not want my constitutional rights violated further, and I do not want my tax dollars wasted trying to defend this Ill-conceived bill which WILL be slapped down hard by the courts should it pass. 
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, samiam said:

Speaking of overt "printing", in their haste to make carry meaningless in NJ, these a$$clowns appear to have neglected to prohibit open carry, which is permitted under current regulations. Or did I miss something?

They did ban open carry in this bill but actually made it so that printing is not illegal 

I have a holster with a strap. The comfort tac. Let’s hope they are not referring to the other kind of strap that the Japanese police use to tether the gun to the holster. There was one state, can’t remember which, may have been California where carrying an unloaded pistol with a strap was legal without a permit. . 

This bill if passed has to be challenged. It says that you can't carry in your car or on any public or private property. That's everywhere ! Its amazing how the state of NJ spends our tax money to go after the honest peaceful citizen.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, DAHL said:

This bill if passed has to be challenged. It says that you can't carry in your car or on any public or private property. That's everywhere ! Its amazing how the state of NJ spends our tax money to go after the honest peaceful citizen.

It is sickening.

6 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Crap - I know one of the bill sponsors... I need to call him up to call him out...

I know one of the moms demand people from professional circles. Time to cancel him from my business dealings. Not funneling money into that. 

12 hours ago, DAHL said:

That will be challenged. But the time to get this “fixed” I don’t know. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 8:24 PM, RadioGunner said:

The retention strap is a non starter even with a holster. If you have a gun with a backstrap safety like a 1911 or Springfield XD it actually defeats that feature with the strap 

i've got a galco(i think?) for my 1911. the retention strap goes between the hammer and slide.

You can register to testify (or just oppose) for Thursday's session here.  I think if you register to oppose, your name gets added to the list of people in opposition that they read out at the start of the meeting:

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/live-proceedings/2022-10-20-11:00:00/AAP/Meeting/register-to-testify

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

You can register to testify (or just oppose) for Thursday's session here.  I think if you register to oppose, your name gets added to the list of people in opposition that they read out at the start of the meeting:

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/live-proceedings/2022-10-20-11:00:00/AAP/Meeting/register-to-testify

EDIT: Corresponding Senate bill is S3214.

The Appropriations assembly committee will hear the bill on Thursday, because this bill has fiscal stuff in it. 

SO yes register your opposition.

6 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

we all knew it was gonna pass regardless of what we do. and we all know dingleberry's gonna sign it. 

It passed out of committee by a 3-2 vote.  Much closer than I would have expected.  It was a single vote short of dying in committee. 

That’s kinda encouraging.  I’d have expected a five person committee in the NJ Assembly to vote at least 12-0 in favor of anti-gun legislation.  

42 minutes ago, 10X said:

It passed out of committee by a 3-2 vote.  Much closer than I would have expected.  It was a single vote short of dying in committee. 

That’s kinda encouraging.  I’d have expected a five person committee in the NJ Assembly to vote at least 12-0 in favor of anti-gun legislation.  

I am not so sure. It passed along party lines, like every gun legislation. Sadly I do see this sailing through and then being signed by Murphy. Then the court will strike it down sometime in the future. 

11 minutes ago, RadioGunner said:

I am not so sure. It passed along party lines, like every gun legislation. Sadly I do see this sailing through and then being signed by Murphy. Then the court will strike it down sometime in the future. 

Future... Probably long after i am 6ft under

Of course we should continue to email, call, write, ext to oppose.... but the only relief we seem to get here in NJ is through the courts... Let's hope post Bruen NJ judges will start doing their jobs and upholding the constitution.

Our biggest issue is that the legislative bodies are not held accountable for violating rights....

I think the Republicans need to start pressing for amendments to these bills to include the same fees, hoops to jump through, ext to voting rights. It will help expose what the legislature is doing to civil rights.

I totally agree with your sentiment nooch, but if by "post Bruen NJ judges" you mean the same group that are stonewalling the approval of carry permits and willy nilly adding unconstitutional restrictions to some of those that are approved, we're screwed.

1 minute ago, bennj said:

I totally agree with your sentiment nooch, but if by "post Bruen NJ judges" you mean the same group that are stonewalling the approval of carry permits and willy nilly adding unconstitutional restrictions to some of those that are approved, we're screwed.

Those are NJ state judges. Federal judges are different. A lot of them were appointed by Trump btw. 

I hope so. I also hope US district judge Suddaby's decision stands and the NY AG's temporary pause is lifted. Maybe that will give us a stronger footing. I know patience is a virtue, but this nonsense has to be straightened out in our favor quickly, I ain't getting any younger. And I'm already disturbed that the Yankees/Indians game still hasn't started.

36 minutes ago, bennj said:

I hope so. I also hope US district judge Suddaby's decision stands and the NY AG's temporary pause is lifted. Maybe that will give us a stronger footing. I know patience is a virtue, but this nonsense has to be straightened out in our favor quickly, I ain't getting any younger. And I'm already disturbed that the Yankees/Indians game still hasn't started.

It didn’t stand. Appeals court let the law go into effect. 

• Agree 1

New concealed-carry gun limits for NJ advance, despite concerns (nj1015.com)

“Let me make it very clear what my priorities are,” Danielsen said. “My priority is not for me to stand here as a Supreme Court justice, though I try to stay in compliance with the U.S. Constitution, of course.  My job, according to the Constitution, is a legislator. And I don’t hide my priorities. Priority one is to protect the people of New Jersey.”

------

Try to stay in compliance with the U.S. Constitution?  Um, no.  You shall stay in compliance with the U.S. Constitution.  This guy is an idiot.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, 10X said:

that is encouraging. i would never have expected it to be that close.

they mentioned this on 101.5 this am....and were talking about how they kinda know it's gonna turn into a expensive and losing legal battle for the state.

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

that is encouraging. i would never have expected it to be that close.

they mentioned this on 101.5 this am....and were talking about how they kinda know it's gonna turn into a expensive and losing legal battle for the state.

doesnt matter how long or expensive it is. taxpayers get f*cked regardless.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

New concealed-carry gun limits for NJ advance, despite concerns (nj1015.com)

“Let me make it very clear what my priorities are,” Danielsen said. “My priority is not for me to stand here as a Supreme Court justice, though I try to stay in compliance with the U.S. Constitution, of course.  My job, according to the Constitution, is a legislator. And I don’t hide my priorities. Priority one is to protect the people of New Jersey.”

------

Try to stay in compliance with the U.S. Constitution?  Um, no.  You shall stay in compliance with the U.S. Constitution.  This guy is an idiot.

He's also a giant coward. If you own guns, hunt, etc but are in favor of this, you arent a friend of the second amendment. Period. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1